kiory

Optical/Active Camo

can you post up a sample mission or some way to test this out? again id love it to be able to hide a player and all his kit for a period of time restricted to a certain class. I love how its almost impossible to see still but becomes more visual while in movement.

Sorry for necroing the topic, but have not reached Kiory through PM and thought to ask if anyone else have insight how the effect Kiory shows here is done. I've come quite close, but not enough and I've ran out of ideas how to accomplish this.

I have a mission.pbo file that shows that... I am not sure who made it but it must be Kiory's. If you guys really can't find it or don't get a response. I will upload for you guys to try it.

Edit...

Link to demo mission - it is unpacked as on my HD from 2014!

• Like 1

@valken : I am very much interested mate. :)

Thanks Valken, question though, is there anyway to make it so it's the same effect as Kiory's and also have no time limit? Just the ability to turn it off and on?

I have a mission.pbo file that shows that... I am not sure who made it but it must be Kiory's. If you guys really can't find it or don't get a response. I will upload for you guys to try it.

Edit...

Link to demo mission - it is unpacked as on my HD from 2014!

that isnt his, but its a working thing, Kiory's was a modded in gear set with a special RVMAT, this here makes you invisible and gives the the exhaust effect of a plane or something of the sorts to mimic distortion 

that isnt his, but its a working thing, Kiory's was a modded in gear set with a special RVMAT, this here makes you invisible and gives the the exhaust effect of a plane or something of the sorts to mimic distortion 

Ahh, thank you for clearing that up. Maybe someone will figure out Kiory's config and post it, I would love to work on some things with it.

the normal map used probably is a big factor. the exhaust one is pretty grainy/noisy. looks like he used a smoother one.

• Like 1

I double checked the video and you guys are correct. Perhap do as Kiory suggested and try different RVmaps? I mean, can you use the same maps from the lens of glasses, scopes, windows and other "transparent" objects to test effects. Would be cool to see how it all works out.

Yes Kiorys method is very different than the exhaust method. I have come quite close with couple of days of intense testing, but dont really know where to go from what I got now. It looks pretty sweet when the character is moving, but when he stops mine turn white. 

Unfortunately Kiory seems to visit the forums quite rarely these days since I don't think hes seen my message so gotta reserve some time to figure it out at some point. Applying this to a ghillie suit would produce pretty cool equipment.

Shaders are your friends!

Shaders are your friends!

That is true. Kiory did mention the basics on how to produce the effect with " refract pixel shader in the RVMat with a Super vertex shader" and I've managed to produce similar results when the character moves, but when he stops he turns opaque milky white. I would guess it has something to do with the other textures I have on it, so far thats the best I've come up with.

There are also more important features that need to be made so I think I'll just dabble with this from now on when theres a spare moment or some brilliant idea to try out since it takes a lot of time to test new rvmats.

Oooh!  :icon_idea:  Except if I can load them up from the mission folder and dont have to mess around with compiling them every time! Have to try that.

--Edit: For those who wonder, you can read rvmats from the mission folder = much faster testing.

---Except that it does not seem to reload the file even on restart, so you need to make new ones.. 

---Except that it does not seem to reload the file even on restart, so you need to make new ones.. 

You might need to reload the mission. ;)

You might need to reload the mission. ;)

Good point, could try that next time I take a jab at the problem. For the life of me could not figure out the combination last time I tried. Made about 100 rvmats with slight tweaks and texture changes and got no results.

this mod abandoned?

If you check the date on OP you may notice it is 2 years old and if you read through the topic you notice it was never meant for releasing but more a demonstration what could be done.

Kiory gave some clues how this could be achieved back then and the latest activity this year was mostly just speculation if it still works and how its done.