IndeedPete

[SP/Coop 04] Contention Zone

Good luck with this interesting project guys! Is it going to be dedicated server compatible?

Hey, we've both been swamped with work lately. I'm still on creating playable content while Sufer's splendidising the map.

Thanks, I'm afraid there won't be dedicated server support. As it is it's my first MP project and lots of the functionality might not be feasibile on dedis. Plus there's no JIP anyway - it's a story-driven adventure that should be enjoyed in small groups. But once the anomaly funtionality is working properly we might be able to make at least that framework able to run on dedis.

We're also planning to release a sort of Alpha for testing purposes soon. Stand by! ;)

We're also planning to release a sort of Alpha for testing purposes soon. Stand by! ;)

Best news ever =D Anxious to be in awe under the blowout darkened skies on Altis! ;) Or lost on the new structures Surfer has added! I bet there will be some interesting dialogs using your system, IndeedPete!

Keep up the great work!

cheers!

Thanks chaps! We've decided to finalise the intro mission and iron out some quirks in the anomaly framework. Then we'll release a small Alpha with a few playable story quests and a rough random side-mission generator, mainly to test the concept, both in SP and MP. Some ambient things are already confirmed to not function properly in MP, namely the ambient animations. But these just look weird for clients and don't affect the gameplay.^^

I volunteer as a tester :) But only for SP (I'm loner player and don't like MP)

+1 (thou Surfer and IndeedPete already know that cus I´ve been pestering both since the inception of both MERCS and Something on Syberia lol) Side-mission generation, that´s quite interesting and buggable on the same level =) There´s some mutants too if I recall some wip videos from eons ago (or I mighty be confusing with the dead Nova Zona project thread)

cheers!

I have never been so excited for an Arma 3 Mission before. What is the mod comparability going to be like? TFAR? RHS mods? Thanks!

Thanks!

In it's current state I wouldn't guarantee anything. The shop configs are pretty outdated but should already support a few packs. We haven't decided yet how to handle that. However, I've already implemented a start parameter to allow / forbid third party content packs in general. Also, there's an optional (performance heavy) loot creator that is capable of spawning mod content. Things like TPW or Alive can obviously influence the gameplay in negative ways, killing the atmosphere with random skirmish or civies standing around. But that's up to the player.^^

Thanks!

In it's current state I wouldn't guarantee anything. The shop configs are pretty outdated but should already support a few packs. We haven't decided yet how to handle that. However, I've already implemented a start parameter to allow / forbid third party content packs in general. Also, there's an optional (performance heavy) loot creator that is capable of spawning mod content. Things like TPW or Alive can obviously influence the gameplay in negative ways, killing the atmosphere with random skirmish or civies standing around. But that's up to the player.^^

That's awesome! Thanks for the speedy reply. My friend and I were about to download the files then we realized it wasn't done. Good luck with the great idea.

I really liked playing Mercs, lot of fun. I look forward to this, a super mission that looks real interesting.

Just to let our followers know that we're back to the project, pushing forward to an alpha release. In the meantime check out this image of a second Freezoner camp somewhere hidden in the swamps.

freezonerscamp4essu.jpg

• Like 1

AWESOME as ever! Anxious for playtesting it and discovering (I mean stumbling on anomalies lol) some of its secrets!

cheers!

Can't wait! I remember doing some voice acting for this. Hehe.

Good luck with the project :)

Hey guys, has been quite for a while. Are there any news about the project or is set on hold at the moment? 

Oh....you are a tease....but i like it.  :)  

Just hang in there for a few more days. I'm sorting out a few more bugs and need to give it a testrun before publishing the very first Alpha.^^

• Like 2

OMG! I was literally thinking about this mission today (and wondering if you guys had halted it... luckly I was wrong, YAY!) 

Anxious to playtest/alpha play this beauty-stalkerish-nightmarish-great-idea-of-sandbox-survival-a-mission =)

Cheers!

ALPHA DEPLOYED

There we go, lads! The very first Alpha found its way to Dropbox and is desperately waiting to be discovered. Keep in mind that this is an Alpha version and some if not many things will not work as intended. Especially MP sessions tend to show certain pitfalls both in terms of gameplay and atmosphere. If you do encounter bugs or weird things, do not hesitate to report them here. Looking forward to your feedback and try not to get lost in the zone!

Version: 0.50 ALPHA

Overview
The year is 2047. Eight years have passed since the small island of Altis became a nuclear battlefield, right on the borderline between Europe and the Middle East.
Since then, the face of Altis has changed. The once blue skies are now covered with a thick toxic mist, the formerly fertile grounds suffer of radioactive contamination. And other even more deadly hazards have appeared.
No one could tell if they have been accidents, intentionally created, or if they resulted from the heavy punishment of the island.

Those who ran into them and survived called them anomalies. Soon after the war, a privately held organisation named CONTENTION stepped in and promised both help and recovery for the people on Altis.
Tasked by the United Nations and provided with unlimited funding as well as the ability to engage the situation outside of any jurisdictions or independent supervision, CONTENTION started to deploy scientific and security staff on the island and established research centres and quarantine zones.

Over the years these quarantine zones have been expanded to effectively cover the whole island and hundreds of square kilometres of sea around it. Altis has been locked down completely with only a handful of independent remainders, roaming the island, barely managing to survive.

They don't call this place Altis anymore. They call it CONTENTION ZONE.

Features

• Atmospheric SP/COOP Mission for up to Four Players
  • Voice Acting
  • Open World Infantry Gameplay With Focus On Small Arms And Unarmed Combat
  • Custom Textures, Sounds & Music
  • Custom Shop And Loot System
  • Custom Conversation System
  • Story Driven by Main Plot & Generic Side Missions
  • Customised Altis Map with new Cities and Locations
  • Custom Weather and Day/Night Cycle
  • Hazard Zones, Anomalies, Acid Rain, Toxic Fog & Blowouts
  • Mutated Civilians and Aggressive Animals
  • Standalone Flashlights, Geiger Counter & Hazard Detector

Actively Supported Mods (All Mods Are Completely OPTIONAL)
The following mods are officially supported by the shop system, use is completely optional. Do not start an MP session where clients run different weapon pack mods than the server. Any mod use at your own risk.

• Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3
  • EUROFORCE by IndeedPete
  • CSAT Snow Tigers by IndeedPete
  • Black Star Movement by IndeedPete
  • SP Campaign Ice by IndeedPete

How to Install
Copy the "CONTENTION_ZONE.Altis.pbo" to your Arma 3 Missions and/or MPMissions dir ("...\steam\steamApps\common\Arma 3\Missions").

Developers
Surfer - Idea, Story, Map-Design, Sounds, Graphics & Textures
IndeedPete - Story, Mission-Design & Scripting

Changelog
0.50 Alpha - 02.10.2015

• Initial Release

Contact
You can reach me on the BI-Forums: http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?53386-IndeedPete
Or feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/IndeedPete/

License
Content created by IndeedPete and Surfer is published under the "Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)". You are free to take or change anything you can use, just give us a mention in the credits.

Release

Credits & Thanks

• Bohemia Interactive Studios for this great game!
  • MrCrazyDude115 for his splendid voice acting!
  • Iceman77 for his loot generator snippet!
  • Shuko for his SHKPos script!
  • And all the great people on the BI-Forums who helped out with answers and feedback to so many questions!
  • Like 6

Looking forward to taking it for a spin... thanks!

Thanks!

Downloading it ASAP!

What is SP campaign ICE?

• Black Star Movement by IndeedPete
  • SP Campaign Ice by IndeedPete

Were they released, or you mean they WILL BE compactible whenever gone public?

Yay! I´ll finally step into a proper STALKER-ish Zone in the ArmA3 engine (Something in Siberia was a test run, this is the Real Deal) =D

cheers!