Sign in to follow this  
SparkZ

Complaint (as I can't find any complaint forums)

Bohemia Interactive...I'm dissapointed...SO dissapointed...I've already spend 60 euros for Arma 3 with just 3 kinds of helicopters for NATO, CSAT and AAF and now you want us all to pay for badass shooting from vehicles, helicopters, lifting and shit...really? Where did you spend all the money for? Booze and cars? What the fuck...

Many of us agreed to this. Look at Arma 2. TONS of vehicles...TONS...and only 25 euros. FINISHED. I'm telling you. I ain't buying that shit...no...I'll pirate it, just to point my middlefinger in all of your faces.

This is a post of another complaint on Steam. Watch and learn...

http://gyazo.com/b4ffc3efffa419d8fc0212faa8e92b7d

And many people agree...

http://gyazo.com/606d142e1e62f9f0986c095dd07f8780

http://gyazo.com/ac01308d445d46e86a6bac7e39b05704

As many people said...we're done with BI. There'll be a pirate for this and hell I will have fun with it.

Make it free haven't you earned enough money fucking gangsters...

Regards

SparkZ

You don't have to pay for any of the features you listed... only the two heavy lift helicopters.

Way to make a ridiculous post over nothing.

Why did you say "regards" at the end of your rant?

If you're going to tell people to go fuck themselves, it seems ludicrous to give pleasantries at the end.

Well...12 euros for only 2 choppers. It's not actually my arguments that are important. It's the ones on the other complaint that bothers me.

But I didn't know that everything is free except the choppers. So I take back what I said about these features.

Anyway, delete it if you want.

Well...12 euros for only 2 choppers. It's not actually my arguments that are important. It's the ones on the other complaint that bothers me.

So basically your only point is that in your opinion the helicopter DLC is too expensive... well there's an easy solution for that. Don't buy it.

If someone offers me a lollipop for 50€ I won't go to the company to complain, I'd simply not buy it.

In EA games for instance, you can't have much mods, so you basically are forced to pay for all the good content, but inside the Arma community you can find a lot of mods that are as good as vanilla content or even better, and for free.

And you have to be drunk to say that A3 nowadays looks is in a similar shape as in the beta.

Many of us agreed to this. Look at Arma 2. TONS of vehicles...TONS...and only 25 euros. FINISHED. I'm telling you. I ain't buying that shit...no...I'll pirate it, just to point my middlefinger in all of your faces.

I bought Arma 2 for 50€ and Operation Arrowhead for another 50€ when it came out. You've no idea how bad warping was in Arma 2 and even in OA until Summer 2011 and that's two full years after Arma 2 launch. In many standards multiplayer was pretty much unplayable until that.

Btw. I've spend about 45€ on Arma 3 so I'm still happy about how much I've spent on Arma 3.

Edited by St. Jimmy

I didnt spend 60 euros on Arma 3 and I have full game and all DLCs. If you are so money conscious, how did you manage to miss all the bargains, and there were quite a few?

Hey SparkZ,

I'm not going to cover all your points since it comes down to personal preference, however the one about you intending to pirate the DLC has touched rule nr. 3's territory:

Segment from our exclusive forum rules catalog:

§3) Discussions about copy protection or copying, backing-up, hacking, cracking or reverse engineering of any of BI's products or the products of any other developer will not be tolerated and such discussions will be deleted immediately. Any breach of this rule may result in the poster no longer having access to the forum.

As a human being who has acted rashly under different emotional states, I am asking you if you wish to continue being a member of these forums despite your dissatisfaction with Bohemia's current strategy.

If yes, then say so and I will overlook rule. nr3. You can continue posting feedback, regardless if it's negative or positive. You will receive a infraction (which will eventually expire) and all will be good.

If no, then I will have to remove you from the forums in concordance with rule 3 and previous cases in which some users encouraged or admitted to pirating the game.

A quick suggestion would be to wait for steam sales. There will be one in december for example.

You paid so little for Arma 2 because the game was out a while ago. It's not comparable.

Also you don't pay to shoot from vehicles. Read the announcement better. You pay to get access to the driver seat of the new helicopters and some new props i believe.

You have access to most of the content for free as passenger.

Even the sling loading is free with the original helicopters.

The general forum would have been a better place than the dev branche forum.

Sparkz ....... chill out dude. No reason to get all out of sorts. Don't pay for it....YET. take your time and play ARMA 3, see its value and decide then. I personally got this version back in alpha for $30 bucks or so.... BEST DAM $30 or so bucks spent... I have played this game for almost 2k hours. got my money worth and then some. Don't have any issues with paying for this DLC.

I even bought a 2nd copy for my HC a ways back. So I have 2 copies. AND I would buy another.

Suggestions.

Find a clan and play with a group who like the game and play it the way its suppose to be. COOP and MP. IMO.

A fun game mode is "king of the hill", I love this game mode, search for it in server listing. Can be very intense gaming. PvP

Open the editor and start learning to make missions and editing.

Bottom line. If you do my suggestions I bet 25 bucks you buy the DLC and don't look back.

This game IMO is one of the best there is for COOP and MP.

The community is unbelievable here. Look at the different mods, user missions, addons and scripts here and armaholic.

There are few companies that are as user-friendly (with their DLCs and in general) as BIS. You don't miss much by not buying the DLC as there are plenty of other choppers available and as mentioned before, you get all the other features from that update.

However, buying the DLC is a perfect way of saying "thank you for creating this game, keep up the good work".

Dear sweet bleeding Jesus on the cross. Do we really need to keep hearing about how annoyed some people are that they want X extra content for free and not pay for it? They're not a requirement, they're extra assets. If you don't buy them you can still play the missions that do have them.

You want it soooooo much - but you refuse to pay for it... words fail me :)

At least they arent forcing you to buy like other games do COD and Battlefield force you to buy dlc if you wanna keep playing with your friends. Yes it is only two helis and the only thing you cant do if you dont pay is fly them. If you are after more helis there is a few arma 2 ports and they are fantastic. There is a lot of mods out there which have everything from pistols to jets. I have had arma 3 since alpha and bought my self a bundle. Yes i feel that 2 helis is not much but if it werent for mods i would be pretty pissed off as well. No one is forcing you to buy the dlc's.

Ok ok, I may have overeacted a bit...I shouldn't read all those negative posts on Steam on the first place, makes me "steam" up. There aren't pirated versions of DLC's anyway.

I sure wish to continue on this forum as it helped me with alot of problems I had in the past. So it would be a shame to leave this forum just for this.

So I apoligize for breaking rule nr. 3 and I'll think a second time before posting this stuff. I should have done more research as I didn't know the features are free except the helicopters.

With the money part, I bought the Arma 3 Alpha for just 25 euros a long time ago. It was just the price now that bothered me. Anyway, the game is nice I have (shamefully) more than 700 hours of gameplay on Arma 3, so it deserves 60 euros honestly. But the point the person made on his post in fact with physics I have to agree with that one. Honestly I've seen better physics...but that's like the only bad point of the game actually now that I think clearly of it.

Anyway, I hope BI isn't offended too much :biggrin:

Ok ok, I may have overeacted a bit...I shouldn't read all those negative posts on Steam on the first place, makes me "steam" up. There aren't pirated versions of DLC's anyway.

I sure wish to continue on this forum as it helped me with alot of problems I had in the past. So it would be a shame to leave this forum just for this.

So I apoligize for breaking rule nr. 3 and I'll think a second time before posting this stuff. I should have done more research as I didn't know the features are free except the helicopters.

With the money part, I bought the Arma 3 Alpha for just 25 euros a long time ago. It was just the price now that bothered me. Anyway, the game is nice I have (shamefully) more than 700 hours of gameplay on Arma 3, so it deserves 60 euros honestly. But the point the person made on his post in fact with physics I have to agree with that one. Honestly I've seen better physics...but that's like the only bad point of the game actually now that I think clearly of it.

Hey, we get it. Just remember, you're allowed to rant on here, just as long as it's kept civil. Also, make sure you have all the information. Information is power when developing an argument. I've been flying these 2 choppers now for well over 10 hours. That's in addition to my 1400+ hours in game. The helo's fly really well. As far as a lack of content in arma 3,

For Arma 2, we took everything we could from ‘Game 2’ in terms of content, and adopted a more conservative approach to the technical side of things. The library of content present in Arma 2 is simply overwhelming, and in hindsight might not be commercially justifiable for a single game. Then there was of course Ivan Buchta’s terrain masterpiece, Chernarus, which only later got its full recognition due to the DayZ phenomenon. Unfortunately, though, the majority of the general audience and media did not care much about sheer scale of Arma 2. Instead, they were disappointed with performance, lack of polish, and the bugs.

Hence now, with Arma 3, our focus is much more on quality over quantity. It’s definitely going to be interesting to see how the game will be perceived in the end. We’ll find out in the coming weeks, but we hope to be bringing the most polished and stable Arma game ever at launch.[/Quote]

I can't talk on BI's behalf, but I'm glad you made the right choice and also had the decency to apologize.

So :thumbs-up:

(Not aimed at OP but in general to these complaints)

I'm so disappointed SO disappointed that people can't read properly. That you can just buy a bundle and get it cheaper. Or that you don't have to pay for FFV or sling loading.

Also yeah sure, BIS has earned some funds for their sales and remember they don't have to pay staff for all the work they do, pay servers for their websites, pay for new tech, licenses, pay for research and dev or pay for Prague's finest ladies of the night or beer. BIS doesn't have expenses :rolleyes:

So go fuck yourself.

Best regards,

Slatts

(The last bit is in jest, in case you don't know me well :cool: )

(the best regards?)

Was just a joke over the 1st post in that it says he's giving them the finger and then saying best regards at the end. Don't mean anything by it, just in my habit to take the piss.

(Not aimed at OP but in general to these complaints)

I'm so disappointed SO disappointed that people can't read properly. That you can just buy a bundle and get it cheaper. Or that you don't have to pay for FFV or sling loading.

Also yeah sure, BIS has earned some funds for their sales and remember they don't have to pay staff for all the work they do, pay servers for their websites, pay for new tech, licenses, pay for research and dev or pay for Prague's finest ladies of the night or beer. BIS doesn't have expenses :rolleyes:

So go fuck yourself.

Best regards,

Slatts

(The last bit is in jest, in case you don't know me well :cool: )

With other words you mean that the price of the DLC is required so that BIS is able to make their economy to work?

I'm not gonna lie. I agree it could have been cheaper. But what I mean is all this talk of how it should have all them free is bollocks. They're a business, businesses have to pay staff and all the rest. And those ladies of the night ain't cheap.

Also, Arma 2 25 euros? Yeah after 5 years.

I'm glad you all understand, now I'm developing a new mission for in the workshop with the new features, and it's awesome, I don't know why I was so angry xd (Guess the lack of information again.)

Go fuck yourselfs, <---- (joke)

Regards

SparkZ

Whenever I see excessive amounts of anger and/or trolling the first thing I think is young male usually under 18 and those goes for most things internet.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you Sparkz?