Sign in to follow this  
DancZer

Why do we have such a low FPS in multiplayer(MP performance vs SP performance)

I have been playing on EU server 2, it is a little bit better then the stable.

I have asked multiple players and we all noticed huge FPS drop while the jet shooting buildings in the city. Mine was 2-5 FPS during the attack. Why is that?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185132-Sound-Issue-Fps-drop-when-a-Apc-shot&p=2820306#post2820306 It's a well known issue, however it seems hard to reproduce for some players. Be free to post your expirience.

We've seen some improvements in netcode but there are still 2 major issues:

1) VON stutters

2) Vehicles/aircraft dance around like crazy at ranges > 1km. It really makes long range skirmishes impossible, which often happen on our server.

vehicle prediction issues shall be fixed in DEV branch, please check it there

I have been playing on EU server 2, it is a little bit better then the stable.

I have asked multiple players and we all noticed huge FPS drop while the jet shooting buildings in the city. Mine was 2-5 FPS during the attack. Why is that?

I experienced that too. On KotH mission. All is good 40 FPS then jets helos come and destroy some building and fps goes to hell. I would rather have buildings undestructive with playable fps than destructive with low fps.

Edited by root

vehicle prediction issues shall be fixed in DEV branch, please check it there

Good to hear, I'll wait for it in the next stable release.

Hey I haven't gotten the chance to play this yet but could this run Arma 3 on at least 60 FPS because I want to know if it'd work on SP mainly because MP can be a different issue for me later

Desktop:

AMD Quad-Core PC FX-4300 Processor with 1TB Hard Drive

3.80GHz, 4MB L2 Cache

8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 16GB)

1TB SATA hard drive

24x Double-Layer DVD+/-R/RW drive

10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet

NVIDIA GeForce GT730 2GB Graphics

With 2GB dedicated graphics memory

What settings can I run this on

Edit: I don't know how to post threads it won't let me

Edited by Xenology

"at least 60 FPS" i don't think. Maybe 25-35 FPS on medium settings. Your GPU is very weak.

If you don't want to risk your money, i recommend to wait for a free weekend again. Christmas is coming! :) Btw you already missed one, because it was one free weekend 2 or 3 weeks ago. :)

Oh okay that's no problem I think I'll start off with Arma 2 first before I upgrade I need to get a better PSU anyways to upgrade my graphics card

I prefer A3, it is run better than A2 and has more visual options. In the next release will be CMAA which is pretty cost effective anti-aliasing.

My System:

Intel Core i7 4790K 4x 4.00GHz So.1150 BOX

MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Intel Z97 So.1150 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX Retail

16GB (2x 8192MB) G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 DIMM CL10-12-12-31 Dual Kit

MSI Geforce GTX 970 G4 Gaming

Around 10~30 fps on multiplayer, no matter if settings to high or low

That's sad. What type of MP do you play? KotH? Wasteland? Life? Custom?

Server population?

Hey I haven't gotten the chance to play this yet but could this run Arma 3 on at least 60 FPS because I want to know if it'd work on SP mainly because MP can be a different issue for me later

Desktop:

AMD Quad-Core PC FX-4300 Processor with 1TB Hard Drive

3.80GHz, 4MB L2 Cache

8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 16GB)

1TB SATA hard drive

24x Double-Layer DVD+/-R/RW drive

10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet

NVIDIA GeForce GT730 2GB Graphics

With 2GB dedicated graphics memory

What settings can I run this on

Edit: I don't know how to post threads it won't let me

Oh, it's definitely the DVD+/-R/RW drive! I had the same problem. Yours is just Double-Layer. You need to get at least Quadruple-Layer one to get ArmA 3 running smoothly.

(In case you didn't get it, i am making fun of you mentioning disc drive in your system specs, as it's obviously completely irrelevant ;)

i have the best PC and i have given up playing ArmA series multiplayer so give it up. The game was primarily built with singleplayer in mind not multiplayer. Enjoy your single players and stop complaining

i have the best PC and i have given up playing ArmA series multiplayer so give it up. The game was primarily built with singleplayer in mind not multiplayer. Enjoy your single players and stop complaining

This kind of post isn't helpful or constructive at all. People have every right to complain; telling them not to or to "give up" is not a valid contribution to the discussion.

This kind of post isn't helpful or constructive at all. People have every right to complain; telling them not to or to "give up" is not a valid contribution to the discussion.

It's actually kind of sound advice TBH. I gave up trying to do all the useless tweaks, hoping that things would change, trying to "Bitch" to put more pressure on the devs to fix things etc... and realized literally how many other good games there are out there to occupy my time not to mention the less frustration while trying to play them. Notice I said other good games, I think ArmA 3 is a good game, It's just plagued by lots of problems that keep you from being able to experience that good game. That's why It's so frustrating to so many people, we realize that we really like it and want to play it, you just can't though with the performance you experience.

Case in point, it's a year later, literally over a year and a half later since Alpha and yet we're still having this "discussion". You can't really blame people for having the "OMGWTFBBQ" mentality about it at this point. About the only thing you can say is either give up and stop complaining or accept it and deal with it. Neither is really an optimal choice from the perspective of someone trying to enjoy something they bought TBH.

Lots of stuff to calculate hidden stuff to calculate stupid scripts unecessary scripts the list goes on and on. I get decent FPS on the kind of servers I play on however if you play shit like Life and mods like ACE or similar in ArmA3 ofcourse it will be a bit more laggy. Get a "really good" cpu and it wont be as laggy.

My System:

Intel Core i7 4790K 4x 4.00GHz So.1150 BOX

MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Intel Z97 So.1150 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX Retail

16GB (2x 8192MB) G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 DIMM CL10-12-12-31 Dual Kit

MSI Geforce GTX 970 G4 Gaming

Around 10~30 fps on multiplayer, no matter if settings to high or low

Your're definitely playing a bad optimised mission.

funny how all these people are complaining about bad performance when i get a solid 50+ fps every MP game with my 2500k/8gb ram. here's a suggestion, stop playing poorly scripted missions

funny how all these people are complaining about bad performance when i get a solid 50+ fps every MP game with my 2500k/8gb ram. here's a suggestion, stop playing poorly scripted missions

Then I might aswell just stop playing the game, because most missions are "poorly scripted" missions.

On what mission do you have 50+ FPS? Give us an example! GPU?

Then I might aswell just stop playing the game, because most missions are "poorly scripted" missions.

go right ahead no one's stopping you

On what mission do you have 50+ FPS? Give us an example! GPU?

i play in a community with custom made missions ranging from the 20-60 player count, coops and tvt's included. everything works smoothly and the only time performance dips is when there's a scripting error in some mission, like a broken JIP gear script

Can you name some of the missions that you get better performance with? How many AI and which map are you using?

I really dont think you're telling the whole truth. apart from low FPS what is a major turn off for me is stutter, and yes I do have 840 Pro samsung SSD. My entire years of playing the arma series, i can say i have not spent a total of one hour on the multiplayer aspect of this game.

I really dont think you're telling the whole truth. apart from low FPS what is a major turn off for me is stutter, and yes I do have 840 Pro samsung SSD. My entire years of playing the arma series, i can say i have not spent a total of one hour on the multiplayer aspect of this game.

You're missing out on some great experiences if you've not truly sampled the MP.

Can you name some of the missions that you get better performance with? How many AI and which map are you using?

BECTI on the Seattle, WA server is very optimized and players with good rigs report 40+ fps. I myself get around 25-30fps (with full server 35+ people) but my comp is 3 years old (4.8ghz AMD 8350, 2 GTX580s, SSD, and 16GB RAM). The server also stays current with Dwarden's latest PERF updates.