2 hours ago, pazuzu said:

I'm trying this script on my server but It doesn't seem to work until a player dies then he can see the map icons.

I'm calling the script form the init.sqf

Any suggestions?

Or is this not meant for servers?

Thank you.

dunno sounds like a bug ill look into it.

it shouldbe fully SP/MP compatible

45 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

dunno sounds like a bug ill look into it.

it shouldbe fully SP/MP compatible

I tried calling it from initPlayerLocal.sqf  and  init.sqf 

Once it's showing up it's a very nice script.

Thanks for the reply.

3 hours ago, pazuzu said:

I tried calling it from initPlayerLocal.sqf  and  init.sqf 

Once it's showing up it's a very nice script.

Thanks for the reply.

I would suggest trying it in a blank mission.

if it works there then its a mod/script incompatibility on your end. if it doesnt work there, let me know.

On 5/29/2017 at 7:28 PM, fn_Quiksilver said:

I would suggest trying it in a blank mission.

if it works there then its a mod/script incompatibility on your end. if it doesnt work there, let me know.

I placed the  [] execVM "scripts\QS_icons.sqf";   higher up in the init.sqf and now it seems to work ok.

Great script BTW...much better than having nametags enabled for server.

Reminds me of a script I used back in the OFP days (The good old days))

Thanks for your replies.

• Like 1

I'm getting this error now:

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgGroupIcons.'.

I wasn't getting this at first. Just lately.

Hey,

nice script of course, but somehow it don't get it to work like I need it.
It seems like everyone gets everyone to see on the map at any time. I configured the diplomacy as I need it, but it seems not to have any influence. Basically I want Opfor and Blufor not to see each other, but everyone should be able to see independant and civilians.
Any idea what I might have gotten wrong?

Thanks for the support!

3 hours ago, ColonelKernel said:

Hi. Can you create an addon version? (or at least help me turn it into an addon)

Hi,

yes an addon version can be created. You would have to pick all the in-script options and parameters you want prior to packing it up though.

I have never created an addon version of it for publication for this reason, but it is possible. I dont have arma or arma tools at the moment so cannot help you do this, but im sure you will be able to find the help you need on the forums or in the arma discord.

8 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

Hi,

yes an addon version can be created. You would have to pick all the in-script options and parameters you want prior to packing it up though.

I have never created an addon version of it for publication for this reason, but it is possible. I dont have arma or arma tools at the moment so cannot help you do this, but im sure you will be able to find the help you need on the forums or in the arma discord.

I have created the addon but there's a problem. I can't get the empty vehicles to show on the map (because as you have described they need this variable: ['QS_ST_drawEmptyVehicle',TRUE,TRUE])

I have finalized the addon! There's just one problem I hadn't noticed before. Despite the vehicle icons being visible on the map. I can't order my units to get into the vehicles.
Can you please add this feature as well?

On 8/18/2017 at 5:54 PM, ColonelKernel said:

I have finalized the addon! There's just one problem I hadn't noticed before. Despite the vehicle icons being visible on the map. I can't order my units to get into the vehicles.
Can you please add this feature as well?

unfortunately that is a bit out of scope for this system, its not designed for any kind of interactivity with the entity

8 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

unfortunately that is a bit out of scope for this system, its not designed for any kind of interactivity with the entity

Ok. No problem.

What about that other question I asked you about in PM?

Hey @fn_Quiksilver would it now be possible to include the team colors for own group members from CBA, ACE3 and STUI? We used ACE3 BFT but it still misses an option to show group members only in addition to groups and since I can not find which BFT/FFT @dslyecxi is using your script seems to be the solution, but I would love to have those team colors like in shacktac's BFT.

Anyway thanks for your work :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NemesisRE said:

Hey @fn_Quiksilver would it now be possible to include the team colors for own group members from CBA, ACE3 and STUI? We used ACE3 BFT but it still misses an option to show group members only in addition to groups and since I can not find which BFT/FFT @dslyecxi is using your script seems to be the solution, but I would love to have those team colors like in shacktac's BFT.

Anyway thanks for your work :)

yep it is possible, I will check this weekend to see how feasible it is. the script is due for a small update anyways.

I was playing around with different situations now I have some questions:

1. Do you draw the icons in special way on the map? I can't see them with the tao folding map or the MicroDAGR (ACE3), it worked for both with the ACE BFT this is why I ask. I noticed both get the group (but not the unit) icons as long as the full map is open.

2. Is it possible to disallow BFT without a GPS, MicroDAGR (ACE3) or NaviPad (BW Mod), so if you only have a map no BFT and if you loose your GPS no BFT anymore until you get anotherone.

3. Is it intended that a Zeus remote controlled unit does not have the BFT, except for ACE injured only on GPS?

Hi fn_Quiksilver,  foremost thank you for your script I use it for 2 years on my mission and it is great.

But however, I have 2 problems:

_ When I host a multiplayer game I can not see myself on the map (but I see myself on the GPS).
_ Exactly the same thing if I log on as an admin on my dedicated server, if I logout it back to normal.

On 10/28/2017 at 9:09 AM, NemesisRE said:

I was playing around with different situations now I have some questions:

1. Do you draw the icons in special way on the map? I can't see them with the tao folding map or the MicroDAGR (ACE3), it worked for both with the ACE BFT this is why I ask. I noticed both get the group (but not the unit) icons as long as the full map is open.

2. Is it possible to disallow BFT without a GPS, MicroDAGR (ACE3) or NaviPad (BW Mod), so if you only have a map no BFT and if you loose your GPS no BFT anymore until you get anotherone.

3. Is it intended that a Zeus remote controlled unit does not have the BFT, except for ACE injured only on GPS?

1. (finddisplay 12) displayctrl 51    is the map control used. if microdagr or tao folding map use different control they would not have the BFT. If you have a link where i can review these systems I can see if support is feasible.

2. yes it is possible. not in vanilla script but if you want, i can show you where to insert a couple lines of script to make it behave this way.

3. It should depend what faction the unit is in, and whether "show AI" config is enabled. It does not check AI for remote control state, and it doesnt sort through enemy units for remote-control either.

5 hours ago, MTW_Der_Kroi said:

Hi fn_Quiksilver,  foremost thank you for your script I use it for 2 years on my mission and it is great.

But however, I have 2 problems:

_ When I host a multiplayer game I can not see myself on the map (but I see myself on the GPS).
_ Exactly the same thing if I log on as an admin on my dedicated server, if I logout it back to normal.

1. Are you running a map mod?

Can you further describe the situation? I cant quite understand it at the moment. There are 3 main environments in arma:   SP, MP hosted (where client is also server), and MP dedicated

I'll look into it, we do evaluate for whether player is logged in as admin so I have some ideas of where to start looking. 

If the GPS is working then the map should be working as well, unless there is some mod conflict or another issue i dont know about yet.

im working on another release at the moment so won't be able to actively address the above until probably mid december.

I dont use any mod.

The first case appears if I create an MP Hosted (where client is also server, NO dedicated server).
The second appears when I log admin on the dedicated server of the same mission.
In both cases the GPS works but not the map.

I hope this can help you, do not hesitate to ask me for details, I do what I can with Google Trad, sorry: /

You can test the 2 cases on my mission in my signature.

EDIT : My QS_icons.sqf configuration :

Spoiler

//================== MASTER SWITCHES

_QS_ST_map_enableUnitIcons = TRUE;							// BOOL. TRUE to enable MAP unit/vehicle Icons. Default TRUE.
_QS_ST_gps_enableUnitIcons = TRUE;							// BOOL. TRUE to enable GPS unit/vehicle Icons. Default TRUE.
_QS_ST_enableGroupIcons = FALSE;								// BOOL. TRUE to enable Map+GPS+HUD GROUP Icons. Default TRUE.

//================= DIPLOMACY - set the Friendly factions for each faction.

_QS_ST_friendlySides_Dynamic = FALSE;						// BOOL. Set TRUE to allow faction alliances to change dynamically (IE. AAF may not always be loyal to NATO) and be represented on the map. Default TRUE.
_QS_ST_friendlySides_EAST = [								// ARRAY (NUMBER). Uncomment the relevant number(s). Remove comma after last used entry (important!).
	//1,		//EAST is friendly to WEST
	//2,		//EAST is friendly to INDEPENDENT/RESISTANCE
	3		//EAST is friendly to CIVILIANS
];
_QS_ST_friendlySides_WEST = [								// ARRAY (NUMBER). Uncomment the relevant number(s). Remove comma after last used entry (important!).
	//0,		//WEST is friendly to EAST
	3		//WEST is friendly to INDEP/RESISTANCE
	//3		//WEST is friendly to CIVILIAN
];
_QS_ST_friendlySides_RESISTANCE = [							// ARRAY (NUMBER). Uncomment the relevant number(s). Remove comma after last used entry (important!).
	//0,		//RESISTANCE is friendly to EAST
	//1,		//RESISTANCE is friendly to WEST
	3		//RESISTANCE is friendly to CIVILIAN
];
_QS_ST_friendlySides_CIVILIAN = [							// ARRAY (NUMBER). Uncomment the relevant number(s). Remove comma after last used entry (important!).
	//0,		//CIVILIAN is friendly to EAST
	//1,		//CIVILIAN is friendly to WEST
	2		//CIVILIAN is friendly to INDEP/RESISTANCE
];

//================= DEFAULT ICON COLORS by FACTION

_QS_ST_iconColor_EAST = [0.5,0,0,0.65];						// ARRAY (NUMBER). RGBA color code.	Default [0.5,0,0,0.65];
_QS_ST_iconColor_WEST = [0,0.3,0.6,0.65];					// ARRAY (NUMBER). RGBA color code. Default [0,0.3,0.6,0.65];
_QS_ST_iconColor_RESISTANCE = [0,0.5,0,0.65];					// ARRAY (NUMBER). RGBA color code. Default [0,0.5,0,0.65];	
_QS_ST_iconColor_CIVILIAN = [0.4,0,0.5,0.65];					// ARRAY (NUMBER). RGBA color code. Default [0.4,0,0.5,0.65];	
_QS_ST_iconColor_UNKNOWN = [0.7,0.6,0,0.5];					// ARRAY (NUMBER). RGBA color code. Default [0.7,0.6,0,0.5];

//================= MEDICAL

_QS_ST_showMedicalWounded = TRUE;							// BOOL. TRUE to show wounded on the map and GPS. FALSE to not show wounded on the map with this script. Default TRUE.
_QS_ST_MedicalSystem = [									// ARRAY(STRING). The Active Medical System. Uncomment ONLY ONE. FIRST UNCOMMENTED ONE WILL BE USED. Comment the rest out as shown. Do not add commas and only allow 1 to be uncommented.
	'BIS'												// BIS Revive.
	//'BTC'												// BTC Revive.
	//'AIS'												// AIS Revive.
	//'ACE'												// ACE 3 Revive.
	//'FAR'												// Farooq's Revive.
	//'AWS'    											// A3 Wounding System by Psycho.
	//'QS'												// Quiksilver's Revive
];
_QS_ST_MedicalIconColor = [1,0.41,0,1];						// ARRAY (NUMBER). Color of medical icons in RGBA format. Default [1,0.41,0,1];
_QS_ST_colorInjured = [0.75,0.55,0,0.75];					// ARRAY (NUMBER). RGBA color code. Color of units with > 10% damage, in map group interactive interface. Default [0.7,0.6,0,0.5];

//================= MODDED AUTONOMOUS REMOTE-CONTROLLABLE VEHICLES (UAVs/UGVs/Autonomous Statics)

_QS_ST_autonomousVehicles_Modded = [];						// OBSOLETE. ARRAY (STRING). If you are using mods with custom UAV/UGV/autonomous type vehicles, enter them here. Ex:  _QS_ST_autonomousVehicles_Modded = ['B_MOD_UAV_01_F','O_MOD_UAV_01_F','I_MOD_UAV_02_F'];

//==================================================================================//
//=========================== CONFIGURE MAP (UNIT/VEHICLE) ICONS ===================//
//==================================================================================//

_QS_ST_showAll = 0;										// NUMBER. Intended for Debug / Development use only! Caution: Will cause lag if 1 or 2! Settings -  0 = Disabled (Recommended). 1 = Reveal all Units + vehicles. 2 = Reveal all mission objects + vehicles + units. May override below configurations if set at 1 or 2.
_QS_ST_showFactionOnly = true;								// BOOL. will override ST_showFriendlySides TRUE. If TRUE then will only show players faction. If FALSE then can show friendly factions. Default FALSE.
_QS_ST_showAI = FALSE;										// BOOL. FALSE = players only, TRUE = players and AI. Default TRUE.
_QS_ST_AINames = FALSE;									// BOOL. Set TRUE to show human names for AI with the map/vehicle icons. Set FALSE and will be named 'AI'. Default FALSE.
_QS_ST_showCivilianIcons = FALSE;							// BOOL. Set TRUE to allow showing of civilians, only works if Dynamic Diplomacy is enabled above. Default FALSE.
_QS_ST_iconMapText = TRUE;									// BOOL. TRUE to show unit/vehicle icon text on the map. FALSE to only show the icon and NO text (name/class). Default TRUE.
_QS_ST_showMOS = false;										// BOOL. TRUE = show Military Occupational Specialty text(unit/vehicle class/role display name), FALSE = disable and only show icons and names. Default FALSE.
_QS_ST_showMOS_range = 3000;								// NUMBER. Range in distance to show MOS on the map. Default 3500.
_QS_ST_showGroupOnly = FALSE;								// BOOL. Set TRUE to show ONLY the unit icons of THE PLAYERS GROUP MEMBERS on the MAP, FALSE to show ALL your factions units. May override other config. Default TRUE.
_QS_ST_showOnlyVehicles = FALSE;							// BOOL. Set TRUE to show ONLY vehicles, no foot-soldier units will be shown. May override other config. Default TRUE.
_QS_ST_iconMapClickShowDetail = false;					// BOOL. Set TRUE to show unit/vehicle detail when player clicks on their map near the vehicle. Only works for shown vehicles. Default TRUE.
_QS_ST_iconUpdatePulseDelay = 0.4;							// NUMBER. How often should location of unit on the MAP be updated? 0 = as fast as possible, else if > 0 then it = time in seconds. Default 0.
_QS_ST_iconShadowMap = 1;									// NUMBER. Icon Shadow on MAP. 0 = no shadow. 1 = shadow. 2 = outline. Must be 0, 1, or 2. Default 1.
_QS_ST_iconTextSize_Map = 0.06;								// NUMBER. Icon Text Size on MAP display. Default is 0.05.
_QS_ST_iconTextOffset = 'right';							// STRING. Icon Text Offset. Can be 'left' or 'center' or 'right'. Default is 'right'
_QS_ST_iconSize_Man = 23;									// NUMBER. Icon Size by Vehicle Type. Man/Units. Default = 22
_QS_ST_iconSize_LandVehicle = 28;							// NUMBER. Icon Size by Vehicle Type. Ground-based vehicles. Default = 26	
_QS_ST_iconSize_Ship = 27;									// NUMBER. Icon Size by Vehicle Type. Water-based vehicles. Default = 24
_QS_ST_iconSize_Air = 29;									// NUMBER. Icon Size by Vehicle Type. Air vehicles. Default = 24
_QS_ST_iconSize_StaticWeapon = 27;							// NUMBER. Icon Size by Vehicle Type. Static Weapon (Mortar, remote designator, HMG/GMG. Default = 22
_QS_ST_iconTextFonts = [									// ARRAY (STRING). Icon Text Font. Only the uncommented one will be used. Do not add commas and only allow 1 to be uncommented. Default 'puristaMedium'.
	//'EtelkaMonospacePro'
	//'EtelkaMonospaceProBold'
	//'EtelkaNarrowMediumPro'
	//'LucidaConsoleB'
	//'PuristaBold'
	//'PuristaLight'
	'puristaMedium'
	//'PuristaSemibold'
	//'TahomaB'
];
_QS_ST_otherDisplays = FALSE;								// BOOL. TRUE to add Unit/Vehicle Icon support for UAV Terminal and Artillery Computer. Runs a separate script to handle these displays. Only works if  _QS_ST_map_enableUnitIcons = TRUE;

//=========================== CONFIGURE GPS (UNIT/VEHICLE) ICONS ===================//

_QS_ST_GPSDist = 350;										// NUMBER. Distance from player that units shown on GPS. Higher number = lower script performance. Not significant but every 1/10th of a frame counts! Default 300
_QS_ST_GPSshowNames = true;								// BOOL. TRUE to show unit names on the GPS display. Default FALSE.
_QS_ST_GPSshowGroupOnly = true;							// BOOL. TRUE to show only group members on the GPS display. Default TRUE.
_QS_ST_iconTextSize_GPS = 0.06;								// NUMBER. Icon Text Size on GPS display. Default is 0.05.
_QS_ST_iconShadowGPS = 1;									// NUMBER. Icon Shadow on GPS. 0 = no shadow. 1 = shadow. 2 = outline. Must be 0, 1, or 2. Default 1.

//============================= CONFIGURE GROUP ICONS ==============================//

_QS_ST_showGroupMapIcons = false;							// BOOL. Group icons displayed on map. Default TRUE.
_QS_ST_showGroupHudIcons = FALSE;							// BOOL. Group icons displayed on player 3D HUD. Default FALSE.
_QS_ST_showAIGroups = FALSE;								// BOOL. Show Groups with AI leaders. Default TRUE.
_QS_ST_showAINames = FALSE;								// BOOL. Show AI Names. If FALSE, when names are listed with Group features, will only display as '[AI]'. Default FALSE.
_QS_ST_groupInteractiveIcons = false;						// BOOL. Group icons are interactable (mouse hover and mouse click for group details). Default TRUE.
_QS_ST_groupInteractiveIcons_showClass = false;				// BOOL. TRUE to show units vehicle class when revealing group details with interactive map group click. Default TRUE.
_QS_ST_dynamicGroupID = false;								// BOOL. If TRUE, Script tries to utilize BIS-Dynamic-Groups Group Name for group info display (only available with QS_ST_groupInteractiveIcons), if available. Default TRUE. EDIT: Obsolete as of A3 1.48
_QS_ST_showGroupMapText = false;							// BOOL. TRUE to show Group Name on the map. If FALSE, name can still be seen by clicking on the group icon, if QS_ST_groupInteractiveIcons = TRUE. Default FALSE.
_QS_ST_groupIconScale = 0.5;								// NUMBER. Group Icon Scale. Default = 0.5
_QS_ST_groupIconOffset = [0.65,0.65];						// ARRAY (NUMBERS). [X,Y], offset position of icon from group leaders position. Can be positive or negative numbers. Default = [0.65,0.65];
_QS_ST_groupTextFactionOnly = false;							// BOOL. TRUE to show group icon text from ONLY the PLAYERS faction. FALSE will show text for all friendly/revealed factions. Default TRUE.
_QS_ST_showCivilianGroups = FALSE;							// BOOL. TRUE to show Civilian groups. Must be whitelisted above in friendlySides. Default FALSE.
_QS_ST_showOwnGroup = TRUE;								// BOOL. TRUE to show the Players own group icon. Default TRUE.

//============================= CONFIGURE BONUS FEATURES ===========================//

_QS_ST_showEmptyVehicles = FALSE;							// BOOL. TRUE to mark certain unoccupied vehicles on the map. The vehicle must be assigned this variable:    <vehicle> setVariable ['QS_ST_drawEmptyVehicle',TRUE,TRUE];    Default FALSE.   Only works if  _QS_ST_map_enableUnitIcons = TRUE;
_QS_ST_iconColor_empty = [0.7,0.6,0,0.5];					// ARRAY (NUMBERS). Color of unoccupied vehicles, in RGBA. Default = [0.7,0.6,0,0.5];
_QS_ST_iconSize_empty = 20;									// NUMBER. Icon size of unoccupied vehicles, if shown.

//================ TEXT (for LOCALIZATION / LANGUAGE TRANSLATION) ==================//

QS_ST_STR_text1 = 'Click to show group details';				// STRING. Text shown when a player passes Mouse over Group leader (only if _QS_ST_groupInteractiveIcons = TRUE;)
QS_ST_STR_text2 = 'This group is not in your faction!';			// STRING. Text shown when a player clicks on a Group Icon of other faction. (only if _QS_ST_groupInteractiveIcons = TRUE;)

//==============================================================================================================================//
//=============================================================== CONFIGURATION END ============================================//
//==============================================================================================================================//

Edited by MTW_Der_Kroi
Added configuration file from QS_icon.sqf

Love the script mate! I was wondering is it possible to edit it so it uses the unit’s role description (which can be changed) rather than the default Team Leader etc

3 hours ago, MTW_Der_Kroi said:

Hello fn_Quiksilver, do you have news about the next patch ?

ill try to cook something up for monday, shouldnt take too long

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great script!

Need to ask if there are any possibility to hide enemy icon for host in hosted game

working on the update now, should be out in a few hours, just going through some of the comments above to see if there are things i can do to solve those requests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1