Sign in to follow this  
dezkit

Adding content from TKOH for Helicopter DLC

Since a lot of people are upset and angry over the lack of content in the Heli DLC (not me personally), I propose for the addition of "easy" assets from TKOH.

Since the Mohawk and Hummingbird are both helicopters ported from TKOH, I would like to see more assets ported from there.

Such as:

- Mohawk Luxury Seats

- Littlebird Doors, FLIR, monitor, searchlight, luxury seats.

- Textures for the above

- Utilization of driverDoor, gunnerDoor, and cargoDoor[]

- User Actions in 3D Space (Will be awesome)

- Addition of the Helicopter Medium for the Civilian Side. (This would probably make the Heli DLC worth it for a lot of people, but it is possibly extremely unlikely given the time frame)

These additions have already been created, coded, utilized, and released. There shouldn't be any further necessary steps taken to put it into ArmA 3, and actually some of these features were enabled in the the Alpha but later disabled.

I wanted to post this in the Helicopter DLC thread, but since it was closed, I made this one.

Relevant feedback thread: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20912

This is a sandbox game after all, and more content = more happy community = more $$$ :)

Edited by dezkit

Perhaps BI could release sample models for TKOH and allow the community to port them over. I think that would be better as it has worked well with the ArmA sample models that was released.

I second this, but i don't think they should add the Medium from TOH, but rather make a new model (Helicopter Model) later down the line and add that in. However, they do have a month left. So you never know what they could come up with in that time frame, since most of the testing can be successfully fulfilled via. Dev Branch, and close attention to detail.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

I'm not sure if what we've seen is all we're going to get. There might be some more content on the way, if there hasn't been an announcement saying that this is it.

I know that their Twitter was talking about new shipping containers that filled support roles (medical crates, ammo crates, etc.)

If they integrate shipping containers, than i wonder if the UGV driving into the back of the Huron isn't myth. By shipping containers, i reckon that you can put things... "into" them and transport them.

If they integrate shipping containers, than i wonder if the UGV driving into the back of the Huron isn't myth. By shipping containers, i reckon that you can put things... "into" them and transport them.

http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/arma3_dlc_helicopters_screenshot_04.jpg and http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/arma3_dlc_helicopters_screenshot_03.jpg

I doubt we'll see "Shipping containers", just pods built specifically for the Taru. The picture of the empty Taru clearly shows Fuel pods in the background, and that's what I expect they will do with the other types.

http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/arma3_dlc_helicopters_screenshot_04.jpg and http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/arma3_dlc_helicopters_screenshot_03.jpg

I doubt we'll see "Shipping containers", just pods built specifically for the Taru. The picture of the empty Taru clearly shows Fuel pods in the background, and that's what I expect they will do with the other types.

I can't link the Tweet since I'm on my phone but if you look in the background of the Huron's pic you can see a shipping container with a Red Crystal on it and what looks like doors and windows. I think there's also a fuel container in the box next to it.

I'll try to link it when I get back to my desktop.

Edit: http://twitter.com/Kulopto/status/515253149720772608/photo/1

And the Huron picture clearly shows different shipping containers in the background.

http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/arma3_dlc_helicopters_screenshot_01.jpg

Hmmmmm. Nice, I missed that. $5 says they are meant to be slung underneath the Huron. Supposedly the bird is meant to transport vehicles, but I think it just means slinging them, because the UGV seems a mite big, from the picture...

i really like the OP's idea. it's some nice content that would be totally worth the effort of porting. and i disagree to give us the models instead because this should be about what the base game offers and not what mods maybe could be made that you will probably never use on a public server.

to me recycling is only bad when it comes to copy pasting turrets between opposing vehicles for example. other than that i see no reason why well crafted models shouldn't be integrated in the latest iteration of the platform. makes no sense to create everything again or limit oneself to new creations and ending up with a small amount of content in the process.

I like the OP idea too, IMO would make a lot of sense.

BTW I think there are containers for one side which are gonna be sling loaded like the ones seen in the tuned chinook. You are gonna be able to create a forward base out of the blue in minutes ( hospital, repair, ammo, etc. ).

While we will also have some pods attached to the body of the Taru. Like the troop carrier and the fuel deposit in the screens,.

Perhaps it would be better for BI to port these over than to give it to the community. I agree that if these were mods then they probably wouldn't get used that much on public servers as well. I would really like to see what opinions people from BI have on the matter as I'm sure it would be a welcomed feature. However if we wanted it to be released with the helicopter dlc then we would have to wait a little longer. Also if they ported over all the helicopters from TKOH and including the Hind dlc and some features like the winch and fastrope feature as well then it would definitely give us more to play around with.

Edited by deltagamer

Well, i do remember seeing these vans in TKOH. If they cleaned it up, improved the model and physics, they coul add it in versions, and it would look great as an Ambulance. They could also add in a civilian Medium helicopter and a slig loadable stretcher. Could you imagine how much more immersion that would add in? It would be great. Eurocopter Dauphin Medi-Vac heli anyone?

A sling-loaded single stretcher sounds odd compared to the idea of a medevac helo with interior stretchers... whereas "a civilian Medium helicopter" I feel definitely would be more "filling of a gap".

makes the game feel tons better running all the tkoh content in a3 with aia makes mission so much more realistic with all the vehicles air and wheeled put round altis feels not so abandoned

So the issue got Acknowledged by Iceman on the feedback tracker. Maybe we will see more acknowledgment on the forum? :D

A sling-loaded single stretcher sounds odd compared to the idea of a medevac helo with interior stretchers... whereas "a civilian Medium helicopter" I feel definitely would be more "filling of a gap".

Why not both? What if all the stretchers inside are full, but there one guy left. But yeah, it'd be filling a gap that is in we'll need of a filling. Not only that, but besides gaps that should be filled, why not improve existing content to? Like fixing the ramp on the back of the Mohawk to work just like the Huron?

@Zukov

That one for the AAF! :D

I hate that the AAF is so unattended, it feels most like an actual army...

Take on Helicopters Bundle 19,99€ now on steam, to me 25 euros is a good price

+1 for the 25€ price but Dev port not comunity and +1 for the Mohawk from take on helicopters but mybe it is and there is somewhere in config to do it just need to script it like bunch of stuf that have been added and removed