Shelestov

Orshanets terrain 12.8x12.8km (Ukraine)

WoW...

love the contrast from village area and open ranges (fields), safe this ! ;-)

Great! It has a mood because of what I love playing Arma. Sadly, I miss this in Altis very much... Keep up the good work!

Dude. Dude. Dude.

I'm blown away. Now please tell me that it performs well compared to e.g. Altis so far and I will build a little shrine for you!

Dude. Dude. Dude.

I'm blown away. Now please tell me that it performs well compared to e.g. Altis so far and I will build a little shrine for you!

You can try it yourself soonâ„¢, but i'm not being much optimistic about performance. Beauty requires sacrifice.

You can try it yourself soonâ„¢, but i'm not being much optimistic about performance. Beauty requires sacrifice.

May be an option in the future, for those who may have less powerful Pc's that you could release versions with less vegetation similar to what was done with schmafelden back in ArmA:Armed Assault. Just an idea :)

I just litterally forgot you were playing Arma there.... That was by far one of the best most refined places and most REAL feeling towns I have ever seen in Arma... That does not have the traditional Arma feel at all.

I LOVE IT!!!!

I hope you continue terrain making forever!!! That and or hook up with Milkman and smokedog and help them with J-Bad.

That does not have the traditional Arma feel at all.

Yes! Exactly! Very nice choice of words. Just watching the map feels completely different from many other maps. The other maps are great, too, but this is... different, in an awesome way :D

Best fArma map ever.

Do you have some RL/ingame comparison shots? To really dig manual tree-placing skillz.:)

Yes! Exactly! Very nice choice of words. Just watching the map feels completely different from many other maps. The other maps are great, too, but this is... different, in an awesome way :D

Yep! It makes me terrified to think of the kind of battle that would occur in such a place. You would literally be going through a bush right into an enemy patrol! You don't even need more than a squad of enemy to make that map beyond challenging... Don't even think about rolling any sort of armor through that place you. RPGs would be everywhere...

I can't even describe how well done that is.

Now if only the AI had a hit and run and retreat mentality. (Instead of the charge it until its dead mentality...)

Best fArma map ever.

Do you have some RL/ingame comparison shots? To really dig manual tree-placing skillz.:)

I had to think about this video:

Best fArma map ever.

Yes they will be, but in different place. I have not been on this part of map.

looking great! love the openess and wide feeling

Sent from mobile

Really amazing job with the vegetation placement. Lines of sight constrict and open up in a very realistic fashion. Can't wait to play on this one. Keep up the good work, guys!

Best residential area I have seen in any map. I pondered what did it, and I think it is the variety of buildings and there is a unique lived-in feeling of the area. Please tell me that the houses can be entered and that there is furniture ;)

Best residential area I have seen in any map. I pondered what did it, and I think it is the variety of buildings and there is a unique lived-in feeling of the area. Please tell me that the houses can be entered and that there is furniture ;)

There is some "furniture" outside, we are trying not to overuse enterable houses, because of performance. You will get a place to hide even outside, believe me.

Wait for it.

I am... I am... :( :eek:

Lookin' great there!

(Damn dude, I usually don't post that much in the same thread if it isn't my own one ;P)

And here goes kinda little demo with piece of our project's terrain.

Disclaimer:

1. This is very early WIP. Purpose of the demo is super-neat object placement test, basically. And so You guys could take a good fap, of course.

2. There are bugs, i'm aware of many of them, but i'm still will be grateful if You point me at something You will find.

Here is few of them:

- "lake" is bugged. Yep, there is still no solution from BIS, so consider it as a placeholder.

- The most common powerline pillar model's destructcion is... not very well, You'll see, what i mean. I'm gonna fix that in the future.

- Some of the trees can be crushed with one gentle touch. I hope i'll have time to fix some of them, but there are also trees that i can't fix, and You can only "deal with it".

- Doors in some houses are not fully closing. Can be fixed i guess.

- Wires of powerlines: they are not destroyed when pillar is down. Sad. Don't know yet what to do with that.

- Icons of structures on map: can be fixed, but now it's not so important.

- Maybe You can find some "easter-egg objects" in strange places. Say thanks to TB+BD. And dont forget to tell me where the bastard is hiding.

- Dirt comes out of anything You shoot at that is not Arma3 content. Just don't have time to research how to fix that. If CUP will fix that, i may use their objects instead, if they will allow me.

- Performance. Beauty requires sacrifice. That is all You need to know. But i hope we'll find a way to reduce amount of vegetation used, without loss of immersion.

- AI. Sadly, looks like they can see through all non A3 vegetation, and clutter. I'm not very interested in fixing this, because we're purposing this map more on PVP, but who knows. I understand that Arma is a game, and it has to have AI, but i find it useless for kind of gameplay i like. And of cource it is a performance hit.

3. Quality of other aspects: SAT texture, DEM, detail textures, roads, lighting, sounds -- have not got to that parts yet, so don't judge harshly. They are vanilla or placeholders.

4. I'm not an author of any "custom" objects used, and do not claim to have any rights on them. If You see Your model, and don't want me to use it, please say so, (but i hope You will still kindly allow me to use them). Maybe this is not the best approach to this aspect, but i hope You will forgive me. This is not final product anyway.

P.S. for pilots. There are wires. A lot of wires. Don't tell me that you were not warned.

Download

Edited by Shelestov

Dead link, too much traffic.

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

:mad::mad::mad:

Also you dont even need to use CUP objects, you can just ask AiA TP makers for their fixed stuff, I am 99% sure they will allow you man, seriously.

The map icon problem is easily fixed, and im pretty sure along with that the -AI can see through vegetation problem is gone also. Just copie the stuff you use from A2 from the CA folder to the P:temp folder.

Tested some bushes on my terrain right now from A2, no problems.