ruthberg

Advanced Ballistics (WIP)

Advanced Ballistics does not contain any in-game range cards as we had in ArmA 2 ACE. However, you can get something similar with the ATragMX:

arma3_2014_08_14_19_1s1lnw.png

Or you print TiborasaurusRex's ballistic tables out:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181324-Advanced-Ballistics-(WIP)&p=2743184&viewfull=1#post2743184

Edited by Ruthberg

at the sight Leupold Mk4 switching is in mil, but they in a real life MOA.

This is only partly true. There are mk 4s with mil adjustments. Just most are made with MOA turrets.

This is only partly true. There are mk 4s with mil adjustments. Just most are made with MOA turrets.

Yes, agree with that. In fact, for a same scope, few variants are possible.

My preference for the milliéme, miliradian or mil like TiborasaurusRex.

Happy new year for all and thanks again Ruthberg for your great mods and all contributors of this thread.:)

Dear Ruthberg,

Advanced Ballistics is obviously becoming more amazing day by day and hands down the most sophisticated Precision Shooting simulator ever created.

As we all know, Advanced Ballistics is truly capable of simulating all bullets in this world and it pretty much made one hell of an awesome learning tool for all shooters.

i never thought this kinda technology could ever exist. Your mod has brought a bright light into the future of Precision Shooting & Hunting world :D We gotta make the most of it!

Therefore, on behalf of all fellow shooters & hunters across the globe, i would like to request you for some more popular cartridges & rounds:

A) Classic Military & Hunting cartridge:

- 30-06 Springfield cartridge that shoots the .30 cal M72 173 grain match round (BC: 0.530, MV: 817 m/s), the .30 cal M1 Ball 174 grain (BC: 0.494, MV: 800 m/s) or the Berger .30 cal 175 grain bullet

Perhaps you could load this in .30 cal rifle like M24 & M40 (just like you did with the .300 WM)

B) Popular Civilian Cartridges:

- more 6.5 mm (.264) cartridges like 6.5-284 Norma, .260 Rem, 6.5 Creedmore, & 6.5x55mm Swedish that shoot some Berger .264 cal 140 grain Hybrid bullet.

Perhaps you could load them in 6.5 mm rifle like MXM (just like you did with the 6.5x47)

- 7mm (.284) cartridges like 7mm RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 7mm SAUM, 7mm-08 Rem, 7mm WSM, & .284 Win that shoot some Berger .284 cal 180 grain VLD/Hybrid bullet.

Perhaps you could just load them in .30 cal rifle like M24 & M40 rifle since we don't have any 7 mm rifle :'(

- 6mm (.243) cartridges like .243 Win, 6mm BR, & 6 mm XC that shoot some Berger .243 cal 105 grain VLD/Hybrid bullet.

i don't know where you should load this in, perhaps in the MXM?

and yes i kinda hope those cartridges can shoot some Berger VLD & Hybrid Bullets (damn, i love Berger!):

http://www.bergerbullets.com/products/all-bullets/

http://appliedballisticsllc.com/ballistics-resources/bullet-data/

in case you need some data on MV, here's my favorite Loadout Manual website:

http://www.loaddata.com/members/listing.cfm?caliber=6.5mm&caliberid=43

I beg you, please consider adding them and forgive me for asking too much :')

Thanks in advance

Edited by TiborasaurusRex

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey Ruthberg. Reticle spacing came up in the RHS mod thread regarding their Horus reticle and it had me pondering a bit about your mod.

I tested the spacing by indexing the scope and observing the impact distance from the crosshairs and found it to be off quite a bit (25%). I reported to them that it was off, but after thinking about everything some more I came to the conclusion that the effects within your mod and the 0.1 mil scope clicks can be calibrated to themselves without necessarily being calibrated to the rendered space within the game. Basically what this means is that if this is the case, their reticle might very well be scaled properly to the rendered space (physical size), but it doesn't match up with the ballistics.

I just wanted to touch bases on the topic, because obviously your effects are calibrated precisely to the scope indexing, but if all of it is also scaled properly to the rendered space, then their reticle spacing is definitely off, and your mod makes for an easy way for me to test and correct it.

Edited by DGeorge85

Hi Ruthberg,

idk if this was already asked but i was wondering if it is possible to save the controls where they are at without having to adjust them with every mission start.

What i mean is i use certain keys for movement and by default the adjustment for mils pops up and then i change the controls, np, but then when I go play another

mission be it sp or mp i have to adjust the controls again as they are reset.

Im referring to where you configure the addons under controls for the mod as it resets every mission, is there a way to save the controls once you set them or is this

a bug on my end or a conflict with something else?

@DGeorge85, I've just tested the new Horus Reticle on the the XM2010 rifle and it worked flawlessly. I'll put it through some thorough testing later today. I'll also provide configs for the rhsusf_B_300winmag ammo class in the next release.

Edit: On what aspect ratio do you play the game? I only tested it on 16:10 so far.

@Günter Severloh, Changes in "Configure addons" in the controls menu should be permanent. I'll try to reproduce the bug.

Edited by Ruthberg

@DGeorge85, I've just tested the new Horus Reticle on the the XM2010 rifle and it worked flawlessly. I'll put it through some thorough testing later today. I'll also provide configs for the rhsusf_B_300winmag ammo class in the next release.

Edit: On what aspect ratio do you play the game? I only tested it on 16:10 so far.

I am on 16:10 as well and thanks for bringing that up because I changed my FOV using the little program that does it for you and apparently it fudged my aspect ratio (my in-game aspect ratio setting said "custom". I set it to 16:10 and restarted the game and all is well now.

For all those who are using AB: The module AGM_overheating breaks the scope adjustments of AB. I'll contact them and if the developers of AGM don't care I will try to find a workaround.

Hi Ruthberg & friends :)

this thread is getting lil quite lately :'(

Anyway i feel like venting some problem to you guys right now. Don't you guys think the scope sway in this game is way too exaggerated? Even though we're already on a bipod and holding our breath, the scope just keeps wobbling like crazy >_< It doesn't make any sense! It causes some huge dispersion and prevents us from shooting some tight group. The scope sway is really frustrating me :( Could Ruthberg or anybody here do something about this? Is there any possible way to sort out this issue? Or should we start a petition to BI?

I also dislike the scope wobbling. I hope that the Marksmen DLC is going to improve that. Until then you can try using AGM, CSE or VTS Simple weapon resting.

I also dislike the scope wobbling. I hope that the Marksmen DLC is going to improve that. Until then you can try using AGM, CSE or VTS Simple weapon resting.

Thank God I'm not the only one who hates BI's scope sway :D Yes Ruthberg, i've tried AGM & VTS Simple weapon resting but they didn't work :'( The scope just seems to keep on wobbling like hell despite the fact that i've rested it on a bipod and held my breath properly :mad: In real life, when you put your gun on a bipod or sandbag, it relatively holds pretty stable. You just need to level your scope, manage your breath control, and manage your trigger control.

You're right, Ruthberg. The only thing we can do is just hope that BI will redeem their sin by removing this hilarious scope wobbling and providing us some functional bipod through the Marksmen DLC. But Ruthberg, aren't you worried that BI will come up with some new Ballistics system which can ruin Advanced Ballistics? I just hope BI won't mess up the Ballistics coz i'm never gonna fancy their Ballistics. Honestly i only care about your Advanced Ballistics :) it's the greatest mod that should be made an official ballistics for Arma 3 :D I wish BI could just hire you, Ruthberg...

and I hope Marksmen DLC will also bring us some new long range rifle chambered in popular cartridges...

If it goes anything like the Heli DLC it will be good game play features and more futuristic weapons.... I to hope they don't break advanced ballistics. My guess its they will break every weapon addon with the DLC when it first comes out.

If it goes anything like the Heli DLC it will be good game play features and more futuristic weapons.... I to hope they don't break advanced ballistics. My guess its they will break every weapon addon with the DLC when it first comes out.

That's my biggest fear, they're gonna break the Ballistics and Weapon mods :'( No offense to BI, but i have a bad feeling that BI will blow good things up >_<

Thank God I'm not the only one who hates BI's scope sway :D Yes Ruthberg, i've tried AGM & VTS Simple weapon resting but they didn't work :'( The scope just seems to keep on wobbling like hell despite the fact that i've rested it on a bipod and held my breath properly :mad: In real life, when you put your gun on a bipod or sandbag, it relatively holds pretty stable. You just need to level your scope, manage your breath control, and manage your trigger control.

You're right, Ruthberg. The only thing we can do is just hope that BI will redeem their sin by removing this hilarious scope wobbling and providing us some functional bipod through the Marksmen DLC. But Ruthberg, aren't you worried that BI will come up with some new Ballistics system which can ruin Advanced Ballistics? I just hope BI won't mess up the Ballistics coz i'm never gonna fancy their Ballistics. Honestly i only care about your Advanced Ballistics :) it's the greatest mod that should be made an official ballistics for Arma 3 :D I wish BI could just hire you, Ruthberg...

and I hope Marksmen DLC will also bring us some new long range rifle chambered in popular cartridges...

To achieve a tasteful balance of weapon sway and stability I use VTS along with the @Half_sway folder from this pack: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26813.

I'd give it a shot.

Shameless plug. Don't forget guys, I have ZERO WeaponSway in prone posisition in my Sniper Module and only tiny-tiny MicroSway in lowest crouch. Check Sig for DL page. Haven't tried with AGM yet, so that mod may cancel out my Module. Tried with CSE and it works if you do NOT try to rest your weapon while prone.

To achieve a tasteful balance of weapon sway and stability I use VTS along with the @Half_sway folder from this pack: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26813.

I'd give it a shot.

Wow this looks promising, i'm gonna give the @Half_sway a try :) Thanks for the suggestion, George ;)

Shameless plug. Don't forget guys, I have ZERO WeaponSway in prone posisition in my Sniper Module and only tiny-tiny MicroSway in lowest crouch. Check Sig for DL page. Haven't tried with AGM yet, so that mod may cancel out my Module. Tried with CSE and it works if you do NOT try to rest your weapon while prone.

Hi Goblin :) I'm interested in your Sniper mod as well. How can i run your mod along with Advanced Ballistics? ;)

Hi Ruthberg,

take a look at this magnificent PiP scope made by someone called Bad Benson \m/ :bounce3: \m/

It's not yet released afaik but Bad Benson already gave the config to the AGM team

Will it be working for Advanced Ballistic as well? It'd be extremely badass if you could ask Benson to implement this scope into Advanced Ballistics :D

hey, I'm just posting this here to not clutter up two threads. Would it be possible for you to include the kestrel and the ATragMX in the Virtual Arsenal? Would be great if we could add them to stuff via the "+" icon on the right.

Can we expect animated turrets ? :p

Great feature but i think that the fundamental problem for a optic 2D, 3D or Pip scope is always the same on ArmA1/2/3 : a accurate opticsZoom(min/max/discretefov) value for the Magnification in game.

Example with the scyfi "2035" LRPS scope 18-75x (or the SOS, it's the same),

in the "weapons_f" config.cpp, the opticsZoomMin formula is simple : initFov/zoom, so 0.75/75=0.01

Quick try with the first zoom 18x : opticsZoomMax = 0.75/18 approximately 0.04

But 0.75 can't be the "unit of zoom", it's not a 75x Mil Dot or a 18x Mil Dot in game.

It's the same with 0.375, the minFov. Quick calculation to find the zoom with 0.375 : 37.5-9.375x or approximately a 37-9x. Not good too.

In my modest opinion, 0.3 could be a correct "unit of zoom" (approximately 8-30x magnification for the LRPS and SOS scopes)

and i hope that all moders will stop to use the arcadish 0.75 - 0.375 BI values to calculate their opticsZoom.

My two cents of €.

As always sorry for my bad english, have a good day.:)

Edited by J3aLeiNe

Can we expect animated turrets ? :p

this gonna be a good feature, it'd feel like we really dial the knob :)

in my modest opinion, 0.3 could be a correct "unit of zoom" (approximately 8-30x magnification for the LRPS and SOS scopes)

Totally agree with you. The magnification of LRPS is obviously not 18-75x but more like 10-25x :) You can see it clearly from the size of the Mildot reticle.

Here's some picture of Mildot scope magnification (10x 14x 25x)

10x14x25x.jpg~original

I've been looking for the past hour or more, and either I'm blind, or stupid, but...how in the hell can I add all the custom CfgAmmo and CfgWeapons? Where in God's green earth do they go?

Move them to "\Arma3\@AdvancedBallistics\addons"

.pbo's should always be in "addons" folder for the game to load them. That is common knowledge, but may not be obvious to new players I guess.