that is a nice nose though XD

would you happen to know how to get the material file working on the uniform model?

I've tried to use Material = "path\path\path\material.rvmat" in the config but it doesn't pick up the line, I don't get any sort of error or anything it just doesn't load the material.

The material is assigned in the model.p3d with the textures under "Face Properties", shortcut "E" in O2. The only place to find materials in the config is under "class wounds" for the wound textures, there it's always a group of three, first normal blah.rvmat and then two (or twice the same) blah_wounded.rvmat

awesome! thanks for that elaboration, I was getting confused, the heads have a material definition in their config which works, but the body model doesn't act the same way. odd little things eh?

In the meantime:

facial rigging is going well, at the moment the hilarity of some of the faces she makes is uncanny, I've dedicated a testing gallery here. however, her blinking is not at all bad, I'm able to cope with it at the level it is. I just need to modify her eyebrows and nose a little bit to avert these hilarious problems, oh, and add her teeth to the texture

along with that, the body material now works(unlike in some of those images in that gallery)

mason_s_new_rig_and_gear_by_zeealex-d7zuycr.png

body_model_ti_map_testing_by_zeealex-d7zuybl.png

until you see it ingame you probably won't be able to see the changes.

the shadow LOD is now working in harmony with the model as well

some minor changes are planned today, changes that won't really affect what you're seeing now, but will affect how the body model works. It'll be a new UVW map, to break off the arms and hands completely and make them separate textures (I was screaming at myself when I forgot to do that) I'll also be adding some edge loops into the trousers model to see if I can reduce the texture stretching towards the bottom and to make the back less rectangular.

basically what this will mean is that the arm model doesn't share the same material as the gear, making the skin behave more like skin than clothing. It'll also mean a higher resolution glove texture can be added, which I feel is important if you play in first person, currently the glove texture on it's current map is 630x760 (something like that) the new UVW will enable a glove texture of 2048x2048 pixels resoluton.

It'll be fun to set up, but it won't mean too much in terms of work as I'll only really need to replace the Viewpilot and LOD1 maybe LOD 2 with the new model.

Great works and also respect what u already did, but can I ask u about future plan?

Do u have a plan for Female voice also??

hey acta143!

i have plans to, however at the minute I have attempted to create a radio protocol and asked for help configuring the sounds several times and no one has responded, until I know how it needs to be set up, the sounds cannot be configured.

I actually love the facial expressions (ok, they may be a little bit too overplayed for some)! I think it's a huge step forward in comparison to the totally lame/neutral expressions we have to bare with in the actual game...

hey acta143!

i have plans to, however at the minute I have attempted to create a radio protocol and asked for help configuring the sounds several times and no one has responded, until I know how it needs to be set up, the sounds cannot be configured.

you should look for RDS civilians by reyhard or something (can't remember now) on armaholic. it's a port of the arma 2 chernarus civs and it has a russian radio protocol addon in its requirements. should be a good template for what you are trying to do.

made a big boo boo with the hl, the new UV would mean that the heads wouldn't work with vanilla models. well, not very well anyway.

there's a quick (hopefully) way around this so I'll try that, it won't need an entire reimport I shouldn't think.

the new high resolution gloves look kind of nice though XD... The specular maps weren't working on anything at the time of testing so do excuse the whiteness and shininess, and that weighting issue on the thumb.

107410_2014_09_22_00004_by_zeealex-d80zbol.png

I was doing this at something ridiculous like 5am :P

oh and that's an arma 3 hl on the old UV, it's part of the leg texture you can see, hence why I realised incompatabilities would occur.

In the meantime, I did once or twice look at external voice configs, even used one as a template, but the voice would either be silent or just use the default male voices. it's made especially harder when the feale voice for Arma 2 OA doesn't have everything the Arma 3 guys say and it would be the height of tediosity to try it again... one day maybe, perhaps not for a little while.

Edited by zeealex

I had a go at doing a voice for one of the other female mods that never got finished a while ago, all I managed to do was silence her, I thought at the time I had the file structure wrong, or had forgotten to config something, but I don't really know what I'm doing.

I reckon the breath and wound sounds are more important, some of the default voice can be pitch shifted till they are fairly acceptable, but the manly grunting, burping and farting when wounded or tired will have to go.. :)

Great to see some progress. It's really amazing to see what you're doing here. :)

May i make on minor suggestion? Whenever possible a female flightsuit model would be great for pilots. The default model isnt too terrible but itd be nice to have given the growing role of female pilots for the past 70 years.

I reckon the breath and wound sounds are more important, some of the default voice can be pitch shifted till they are fairly acceptable, but the manly grunting, burping and farting when wounded or tired will have to go..

agreed, it the breathing kind of bugs me... :P

Great to see some progress. It's really amazing to see what you're doing here.

Thank you! :D

May i make on minor suggestion? Whenever possible a female flightsuit model would be great for pilots. The default model isnt too terrible but it'd be nice to have given the growing role of female pilots for the past 70 years.

Heli pilot, yes most likely... jet pilot... there's honestly no point given the respitory gear the Arma 3 default jet pilots wear; there would be a negligable difference.

just texture modifications needed now really, get CSAT, AAF and guerilla versions done and brighten the arms up :

107410_2014_10_06_00007_by_zeealex-d826fdf.png

107410_2014_10_06_00004_by_zeealex-d826flq.png

I'll be modifying the heads module to be more compatible at some point later on. just pushing this into beta ASAP, i've been away from my PC a little more than I'd hoped the past fortnight.

Finally everything works. :) It looks really great, too. Can't wait to try it in-game.

+10 for giving her an AK over others. A woman with an AK, nothing better

yeah, I puffed a sigh of relief when everything started to work properly at at last!

there's still a few glitchy bits with the hands, the hands are really hard to get right, but they work fairly okay so I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist about it.

everything else pretty much works fine, it's not like I can't refine it later on or anything.

@3P0X1 hell yeah! never mess with a woman and her AK!

really?

c1280x720_32.jpg

means a lot dude, thank you :)

just finished a basic coloured version of that glove:

camo_screenshot_by_zeealex-d82g1j7.jpg

I'll look better applied onto the hand I think but any critiques on the colours are welcome!

Okay textures are done at last! I've gone and fixed a few minor errors with the hands while i waited for the textures to save, it looks a lot better when handling weapons now

the specular map needs a good lot of darkening.

NATO

nato_by_zeealex-d82gw7f.png

CSAT

csat_by_zeealex-d82gw9m.png

AAF

aaf_by_zeealex-d82gwfw.png

Completed Glove

gloves_by_zeealex-d82gwii.png

The white heads use a custom hl texture now. I'm in the middle of doing the black Hl, contemplating whether it's actually necessary though.

An improved longsleeve variant is to be added alongside the shirt uniform:

It has a very basic AAF texture at the minute it's just an AAF pattern plonked onto the UV so it's a bit primitive. no bump maps or anything yet, I'm going to process those in quixel and mudbox tomorrow. .

longsleeve_preview2_by_zeealex-d82m19o.jpg

longsleeve_preview_by_zeealex-d82m196.jpg

The trousers were based off the Crye Gen2 combat pants, but they aren't exact, they will have kneepads put in.

really?

of course! the mere fact that this is pretty much the only true female model ever to grace the Arma series with its existence is already enough. but the sheer amount of effort you're putting into it, the quality of the textures alone makes me giddy every time I look at these screenshots.

and then there's the fact that Arma has lacked any variety in body types since forever. and your mod is the only one that changes that. maybe some day we'll have skinny and chubby, tall and short soldiers in Arma next to the mid-height special forces types we've had for a decade

of course! the mere fact that this is pretty much the only true female model ever to grace the Arma series with its existence is already enough. but the sheer amount of effort you're putting into it, the quality of the textures alone makes me giddy every time I look at these screenshots.

and then there's the fact that Arma has lacked any variety in body types since forever. and your mod is the only one that changes that. maybe some day we'll have skinny and chubby, tall and short soldiers in Arma next to the mid-height special forces types we've had for a decade

There were female models in ARMA 2..

---

Zee, keep up the great work. Everytime I come back and look at this thread you've made leaps and bounds in forward progress. Kudos.

There were female models in ARMA 2..

this is where you post a link to a playable female model for Arma 2 that is not just a head swap mod