Jump to content
Dwarden

Official Zeus servers from Bohemia Interactive

Recommended Posts

just to be sure, is the same problem on all ZeuS servers ?

US 01-04 and EU 01-04 and EU A-D ?

trying to be sure if it's config related or something else so need to know if it's everywhere or just somewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just to be sure, is the same problem on all ZeuS servers ?

US 01-04 and EU 01-04 and EU A-D ?

trying to be sure if it's config related or something else so need to know if it's everywhere or just somewhere

Earlier this week is was on US 02/03/04 

Right now it's only on US 03/04

I don't play on the EU servers due to ping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just to be sure, is the same problem on all ZeuS servers ?

US 01-04 and EU 01-04 and EU A-D ?

trying to be sure if it's config related or something else so need to know if it's everywhere or just somewhere

 

 

Try it. Go on to the US Zeus servers as admin and try to switch the map from 48+2 to 16+2. It will switch back to 48+2 after the "loading" screen. Its bugged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

will see after 1.66 update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 

Empty objects and compositions are still missing from Zeus interface in 1.66 ...

 

I read that it would be fixed in the next update. But it's been a few updates already, and 1.66 stable just came out.

 

What's going on?

wCoziZQ.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2016 at 9:51 AM, silentghoust said:

Zues cannot spawn intel objects, AA tanks, CTRG(apex) soldiers/groups, small bases/buildings, ect.

 

I am pretty sure the cause of the issue are "Set costs" modules in official Zeus scenario (or "Set costs" internal functions). I have unpacked official Zeus PBO file, removed "Set costs" modules from scenario and ran it on my own dedicated server. And no bugs after that in official Zeus game. I think it could be possible temporally (or permanently) remove costs system from official game scenario, because it absolutely useless function, and all zeuses switch it off always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/01/2017 at 8:42 AM, Bocaj said:

What happened to admin debug console on official servers?

http://i.imgur.com/Lf3GO8D.jpg - Parameter set to enabled

http://i.imgur.com/QPL4X4n.jpg - Not in menu

http://i.imgur.com/o7QJj7z.jpg - Exec field not available

http://i.imgur.com/JKs47lC.png - EU#4 official server

The debug console is for logged-in admins, not voted admins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pwner said:

The debug console is for logged-in admins, not voted admins.

I don't see a reason for this to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2017 at 0:39 AM, Bocaj said:

I don't see a reason for this to be honest. 

There is definitely a reason for this.

Y'see, the debug console essentially allows anybody with access to it to acquire high-access control over the server, in a way.

In other words, you can definitely use it to, say, crash the server. And with the ability to actually enable it, it gives Hackers(who hack using scripts) the ability to access it if they want to and make things like Nazi-symbol Quadbikes with flying abilities appear.

 

On another note though, to the Devs, is there any possibility of you fixing the broken scenario on the servers, which prevents the Zeus from spawning buildings or objects, or is it just not high on your priority list at the moment?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, as of now Anti Air tanks are now missing from Game Master's menu in Official Server on the Zeus Stratis 48+2 scenario. So we cannot place down a Cheetah or the Tigris. 

We can't place down empty objects, now we can't place down some tanks. Please fix ASAP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, as it currently stands, official Zeus missions still lack empty objects, like sandbags and razor wire. This is incredibly frustrating. We were told it'd be fixed 2 months ago, yet nothing. Has BI just given up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, A. Lietuvis said:

Hey, as it currently stands, official Zeus missions still lack empty objects, like sandbags and razor wire. This is incredibly frustrating. We were told it'd be fixed 2 months ago, yet nothing. Has BI just given up?

 

as there still wasn't update to 1.68 then nothing changed, i suggest you test 1.68 RC before commenting state of old 1.66

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi BI team.

 

is there any reason that @cliantside mods that dont affect overall gameplay are prohibited on "OFFICIAL SERVERS" most notably:

 

-any mod that adds ability for Zues to use his own custom compositions

-soundscape mods like Dynasound and Blastcore.

-Ares and achlies (these only add functionality for zues)

-YOUR OWN "OFFICIAL ADR-97 MOD"

-Radio mods

 

is there any reason or just because the servers require a SPECIFIC GAME VERSION and any added mod alters the game version.

can this be adjusted, can you add whitlisting keys to mods that would not give the individual an unfair advantage.  

i feel that adding this functionality to any official server would be a great boon to the players and the overall game experiance

in relation to accessability

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2017 at 1:53 PM, darkdrift3r said:

-YOUR OWN "OFFICIAL ADR-97 MOD"

This was to show off the Arma 3 Steam Workshop. Soundmods are anybody's guess, the Ares/Achilles functionality should eventually be included into the vanilla zeus interface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2017 at 3:53 PM, darkdrift3r said:

Hi BI team.

 

is there any reason that @cliantside mods that dont affect overall gameplay are prohibited on "OFFICIAL SERVERS" most notably:

 

-any mod that adds ability for Zues to use his own custom compositions

-soundscape mods like Dynasound and Blastcore.

-Ares and achlies (these only add functionality for zues)

-YOUR OWN "OFFICIAL ADR-97 MOD"

-Radio mods

 

is there any reason or just because the servers require a SPECIFIC GAME VERSION and any added mod alters the game version.

can this be adjusted, can you add whitlisting keys to mods that would not give the individual an unfair advantage.  

i feel that adding this functionality to any official server would be a great boon to the players and the overall game experiance

in relation to accessability

If you want to whitelist mods that do not give an individual an unfair advantage, most of the mods you mentioned should not be added;

 

A. Soundscape mods edit the sounds and range of various events and triggers, so, for example, with Dynasound you would probably be able to hear a gunshot better than a person who does not have it.

B. Ares and Achilles, though add functionality, give a LOT more control and power to the Zeus(Ability to execute scripts, teleport players, etc.) and while I would personally support such an idea, giving such a power to the Zeus will just be more of a bother to BI themselves(although you could potentially just add SOME of the functionality and not all of it).

C. In relation to the ADR-97 and such weapon mods, that WOULD give an individual an unfair advantage, because those who do not have the mod would just be seeing a person holding an invisible gun without any sound to it shooting whatsoever.

D. Radio Mods would also give another unfair advantage to clans and groups and further divide the players in the server than is already done. But a good way to counter such thing is if BI would host SPECIAL public zeus servers that use either ACRE or TFAR and require you to do so.

 

The servers do not require a specific game version, they simply check the signatures of all your addons and if they spot additional signatures that are not authorized or compatible with the server the players having those additional signatures will be denied access to the server until they remove said signatures off.(this also includes files, and not just signatures.)

 

And in final, regarding to anything mods, I'd like to remind that the more mods be added, the more divided the server/playerbase would become(especially if you enable the ability for people to use any mod they wish, though not force everybody to have said mods.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2017 at 7:49 AM, lankercool said:

And in final, regarding to anything mods, I'd like to remind that the more mods be added, the more divided the server/playerbase would become(especially if you enable the ability for people to use any mod they wish, though not force everybody to have said mods.)

 

Yes, and this is why @dwarden needs to convince the development team to incorporate the most ubiquitous quality of life mod features out there into the master branch of Arma 3 (for example: the ShackTac UI radar, assigning your own color as a group member a la ACE, a towing ability for jets so they can move in reverse and unstick themselves).

 

They have already done this with Zeus, the stamina system, and the End Game revive system.  They just need to continue doing it for the other most popular mods so that vanilla Arma is a far more playable experience and so that the community does not continue to be divided into this archipelago that we have here.

 

 

 

Also if you're reading this @dwarden -- please incorporate the most useful of the Ares modules into the vanilla Zeus module list!  For example, teleporting individual players would be a huge help as a Zeus on the official vanilla servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be possible to allow admins to temporarily ban people from the server? I recently had a case where two users were teamkilling everyone, getting kicked, and instantly reconnecting. this made it almost impossible to play and took up all of the admins time. And I'm certain the admin didn't log in just to kick people for about 30 mins straight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2017 at 6:49 PM, lankercool said:

If you want to whitelist mods that do not give an individual an unfair advantage, most of the mods you mentioned should not be added;

 

A. Soundscape mods edit the sounds and range of various events and triggers, so, for example, with Dynasound you would probably be able to hear a gunshot better than a person who does not have it.

B. Ares and Achilles, though add functionality, give a LOT more control and power to the Zeus(Ability to execute scripts, teleport players, etc.) and while I would personally support such an idea, giving such a power to the Zeus will just be more of a bother to BI themselves(although you could potentially just add SOME of the functionality and not all of it).

C. In relation to the ADR-97 and such weapon mods, that WOULD give an individual an unfair advantage, because those who do not have the mod would just be seeing a person holding an invisible gun without any sound to it shooting whatsoever.

D. Radio Mods would also give another unfair advantage to clans and groups and further divide the players in the server than is already done. But a good way to counter such thing is if BI would host SPECIAL public zeus servers that use either ACRE or TFAR and require you to do so.

 

The servers do not require a specific game version, they simply check the signatures of all your addons and if they spot additional signatures that are not authorized or compatible with the server the players having those additional signatures will be denied access to the server until they remove said signatures off.(this also includes files, and not just signatures.)

 

And in final, regarding to anything mods, I'd like to remind that the more mods be added, the more divided the server/playerbase would become(especially if you enable the ability for people to use any mod they wish, though not force everybody to have said mods.)

Tbh the developers could probably get permission from the creator of the ares and Achilles expansion mod to modify it a little and take away the things that give the zeus "to much power" or even change the function of certain modules.. like the knock unconscious could make it so that it can't be used on players or completely remove it, the toggle captive can only be used on AI, there are a lot of things they could change to make it more "fair to everyone" and then implement it into the servers. Either way I would love to have the ares/Achilles expansion mod on the official servers.

Edited by Sannin2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Custom difficulty is still broken. Is there an ETA on the fix for that because I want to host games with something between Regular and Veteran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×