pettka

Tools Development Branch Discussion

That's what I figured, may be for Nexus rather than for Stable, but again I had the same problem with Stable Tools as well, so I'm not sure if it's just that reason.

Any chance to get "WorkDrive.exe /mount" working during Windows login? I tried by setting a scheduled task to run it as admin on login but it doesn't seem to work (something about parent process).

Any chance to get "WorkDrive.exe /mount" working during Windows login? I tried by setting a scheduled task to run it as admin on login but it doesn't seem to work (something about parent process).

Agreed. Would be nice to have that back, seeing as automatic mounting of P:\ drive was a part of the ArmA2 tools. I realise that Workdrive is somewhat different to the old P:\ drive bat file of the ArmA2 era, but it would certainly be a nice option to have.

Can we have /purgeGameData on the GUI? ExtractGameData is there, but I have to use the command line for purgeGameData. Just seems a really silly option to leave out...

This is something I have on my list but I had no time to do it. I hope I will have it ready for the next update.

Can we have /purgeGameData on the GUI? ExtractGameData is there, but I have to use the command line for purgeGameData. Just seems a really silly option to leave out...

Good point, I will add it soon.

• Like 1

Both are in since today's update :292:

• Like 3

Is there any chance we could have a setting for the default outline width (colour would be good as well) for polylines? Gets tedious when your making roads etc and have to keep changing width and colour lol 

Is it possible to include the settings for the GripPod for use in the model.cfg for the samples?

Also will you in the future add a sample for the new VTOL systems? I have an OPF-era UD-4L from Nephilim that is collecting some dust.

• Like 1

I would like it very much if WorkDrive would support starting via the task scheduler. I'm getting fairly annoyed with the UAC popup every logon.. :(

Getting the following message when I setup an elevated scheduled task:

0x30098001 STARTUP_ELEVATED_NO_PARENT: Elevated process without parent.
This may lead to unexpected behavior.
Mounting the work drive from "D:\ArmaWork"
Child Started: FileName: WorkDrive.exe - Arguments: /mount P "D:\ArmaWork" /parent=10168
Work drive mounted from D:\ArmaWork

By default Work Drive will show a warning if it's started as elevated, because doing this means that the drive won't be mapped for non-elevated users / applications. 0x3 is a warning so, if you're sure of what you need, you can ignore it.

Ah so that's why it appeared to not work properly, it's just not visible as a non-elevated user. I guess I'm stuck with the UAC prompt then. Thanks anyway. :)

Anyone else getting bad lag in TB after today's update? My Win 10 done a big update as well, so not sure if its windows or TB...

Can someone else reproduce that A3 publisher is unable to connect to steam when you switch focus immediately after starting it?

Can someone else reproduce that A3 publisher is unable to connect to steam when you switch focus immediately after starting it?

I tried a few times with no issue on Windows 10.

I tried to reproduce it earlier today without luck. It happens fairly regularly though.

I've sent Tom via discord the previous logs. If you don't find it in there, I will try to catch it again with a smaller log file.

• Like 1

Hey! 

I've been working on a method to import object positions and rotations from Blender since we have huge compilations of objects that need exact positioning and for our custom objects we can have all the necessary data easily. 

Problem occured on import though as TB apparently treats the pitch & roll on world axis rather than on object axis and such translated values are hard to come by. (Talked with silola from x-cam and he faces the same issue as object oriented rotation values are easy to export so im not only one with this issue)

Now then to the point:

1) What is the center of this world axis TB calculates the rotations from? Knowing that might be possible to calculate translation for object rotations and position adjustment.

2) Would it be impossible to get new import values for X/Y/Z rotation around object center or like with the relative/ absolute terrain height, the pitch/yaw/roll could be imported as object center related values via import option.

By the by Tom, the Helicopter Compass entry in the model.cfg is wrong, as instead of:

class IndicatorCompass: Rotation
            {
                source="direction";
                selection="compass";
                axis="axis_compass";
                memory="false";
                minValue=-3.141593;
                maxValue=3.141593;
                angle1="rad -360";
            };

Should be:

class IndicatorCompass: Rotation
            {
                source="direction";
                selection="compass";
                axis="axis_compass";
                memory="false";
                minValue=-3.141593;
                maxValue=3.141593;
                angle1="rad 360";
            };

Specifically the angle1 is simply reversed, changing it from -360 to "360" fixes the rotation as if negative, when you're heading West, the compass says E, and vice versa. N and S are fine just fixes the W and E directions. Changing it to the positive number fixed the issue fine.

Deleted, turns out original comment was correct....

The last update doesn't include any change on TB or around it. Can you offer some detail about these "lags"?

Think it must have been my pc, as I did a restart not long after that post and got 3 beeps (memory problem). Was most likely that :(

Any chance of Prowler templates given we can't open the .ebos?

Any chance of Prowler templates given we can't open the .ebos?

I remember Apex templates had been announced to be "just around the corner" about a week after release. I wonder what happened to them.