pettka

Tools Development Branch Discussion

Nothing is planned, I will investigate it, but I'm afraid it might imply too many changes.

Thanks for checking into it :)

Precisely :D Be amazing if there was a function!

Hm, I've found BIS_fnc_exportCfgWeapons. I think that's the one I read about. It can create items and then take screenshots of them for the community wiki. Problem is it seems like it's for the devs only. It requires the "Render" terrain we don't have.

Does anyone have more information on this? Anyone used that already? Google turned up empty on this function.

Problem is it seems like it's for the devs only. It requires the "Render" terrain we don't have.

Does anyone have more information on this? Anyone used that already? Google turned up empty on this function.

Render terrains are in the RenderWorlds folder in the tools directory. You run them as a mod

Render terrains are in the RenderWorlds folder in the tools directory. You run them as a mod

Really?! Ah, that's great! Will try this ASAP, thank you!

Duh, that function actually does what I want. But, it requires the command diag_screenshot which is not available in stable and dev branches, only in BI's internal version. Maybe I can alter the function to at least spawn the items in the render world and take the shots by myself. I know, I'm looking for the minimum effort way here as I don't want to take the time to edit the existing 3D UI pictures. (Which is not possible for DLC weapons anyway because of encryption.)

As a modder with only little experience (only re-textures so far) I wonder: How do other modders (or BI) produce their UI pictures?

Duh, that function actually does what I want. But, it requires the command diag_screenshot which is not available in stable and dev branches, only in BI's internal version. Maybe I can alter the function to at least spawn the items in the render world and take the shots by myself. I know, I'm looking for the minimum effort way here as I don't want to take the time to edit the existing 3D UI pictures. (Which is not possible for DLC weapons anyway because of encryption.)

As a modder with only little experience (only re-textures so far) I wonder: How do other modders (or BI) produce their UI pictures?

If you use this:

http://killzonekid.com/arma-extension-scr_cap-dll-screen-capture/

You could alter the function to replace the diag_screenshot with a call to that extension. Just be sure to add a bit of delay before and after taking the screenshot. It sometimes takes a while for the models to load completely and the OS needs some time to write the screenshot to the HD.

I think it's silly that we don't have access to diag_screenshot though, the only reason I could think of is performance.

Duh, that function actually does what I want. But, it requires the command diag_screenshot which is not available in stable and dev branches, only in BI's internal version.

arma3diag.exe comes with the Dev Branch installation. Run that instead of arma3.exe (or Arma3GU.exe, arma3launcher.exe or whichever other .exe you use) and see if the command exists there like the diag_toggle and diag_enable commands do

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Diagnostics_Exe

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179508-Arma3diag-exe-%28includes-diagnostic-tools-excludes-MP%29

Thanks chaps, helpful as always!

I will give your ideas a try as soon as possible and report back, thanks again!

Tom,

Getting a "flicker" issue regarding weapons and methinks it's a baking issue with the model.cfg. This started around... a week ago before 1.48 was released, and it's showing up, and sometimes it's not. So given its happening to me and everybody, methinks somethings glitching, and not glitching when packing the PBO for the weapons (vehicles work fine though).

Sorry for the confusion - we're not referring to the DLC icons - as Indeedpete says, it's the UI inventory icons we would like :)

I hope that we have provided the right kind of icons with an update today, feel free to let us know if it's what You need :icon_twisted:

arma3diag.exe comes with the Dev Branch installation. Run that instead of arma3.exe (or Arma3GU.exe, arma3launcher.exe or whichever other .exe you use) and see if the command exists there like the diag_toggle and diag_enable commands do

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Diagnostics_Exe

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179508-Arma3diag-exe-%28includes-diagnostic-tools-excludes-MP%29

Actually, if you use Game Updater, you should use Arma3GU.exe /diag. Otherwise, you take the risk to start the given exe with the wrong data (addon folder).

Any news on O2script exporting mass taggs for PhysX LODs ? When not directly using Object Builder but rather, like, anything else (Blender, 3D studio, etc) that exports via O2script, this is a major pain the rectum as it requires you to re-load the object in Object Builder and save it again.

Just seen the new tools update, does anyone else (using the FSM) have a problem with syntax highlighting. The main problem that it doesnt seem to be working at all (before you ask, I have downloaded the update :) ). Was under the impression it should look something like this:

CHsuYeYWUAEnFsn.jpg:large

Anyone know whats going on, or a fix for this?

Bull

Any news on O2script exporting mass taggs for PhysX LODs ? When not directly using Object Builder but rather, like, anything else (Blender, 3D studio, etc) that exports via O2script, this is a major pain the rectum as it requires you to re-load the object in Object Builder and save it again.
Nothing yet, I want to dig up a bit more on related topics before anything ;)
Just seen the new tools update, does anyone else (using the FSM) have a problem with syntax highlighting. The main problem that it doesnt seem to be working at all (before you ask, I have downloaded the update :) ). Was under the impression it should look something like this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHsuYeYWUAEnFsn.jpg:large

Bull

This indeed is the expected result after today's update. Do you have any other installations of FSM Editor, from BI Tools 2.5 or Poseidon Tools perhaps?

I hope that we have provided the right kind of icons with an update today, feel free to let us know if it's what You need icon_twisted.gif [/Quote]

:bounce3: Ah! Wonderful! Thanks ever so much for that! That's just what we were after! :D Really, hugely appreciated!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHsuYeYWUAEnFsn.jpg:large

This indeed is the expected result after today's update. Do you have any other installations of FSM Editor, from BI Tools 2.5 or Poseidon Tools perhaps?
We've found the cause and we will fix it soon. In the meantime, there is a workaround:

1. Open FSM Editor
  2. Go into "Options" >> "Change edit font"
  3. Set another font, consolas for example and click Ok
  4. The syntax highlighting should appear :)

Edit: Now fixed :)

Edited by tom_48_97

Anyone noticed that the addon builder doesn't output files in the correct dirs? Packed addons several times yesterday and today with paths like "(A3 Dir)\@AddonFolder\addons\". Instead of giving me the overwrite prompt the builder just drops created PBOs into "(A3 Dir)\@AddonFolder\". Then I need to manually copy the output to "(A3 Dir)\@AddonFolder\addons\" in order to make it work.

Oh, and thanks for the UI images! Though I'm still looking for efficient ways to bypass editing these with PS and use generated ingame shots instead.

Anyone noticed that the addon builder doesn't output files in the correct dirs? Packed addons several times yesterday and today with paths like "(A3 Dir)\@AddonFolder\addons\". Instead of giving me the overwrite prompt the builder just drops created PBOs into "(A3 Dir)\@AddonFolder\". Then I need to manually copy the output to "(A3 Dir)\@AddonFolder\addons\" in order to make it work.

Yeah, I think it started doing that for me 2 or 3 dev builds ago.

It's a known issue which appeared with the version 0.91.1, a fix will released in a near future ;)

Alright, thanks! I've switched back to stable for the duration.

Could anyone confirm if .rtm binarization works right now as I can only get deformed animations with both addonbuildet and pboproject.

Made new hand animations for guns and thought I did something wrong but as I tried weapons with older custom hand animations they've become broken too. (same weapon.pbo and the old ones got repacked)

After a few attempts+tool integrity check+ reloading the offending rtm into object builder again I now managed to export working rtm again. Weird but not complaining.

Edited by HorribleGoat

Anyone else having problems with the game updater ? I tried to download the dev branch seperately, but it says that my Steam password is wrong. ( Guess what? The password works okay with Steam)

Suggestion: When importing objects onto a terrain can you please give what model wasn't in the library rather than just giving the error that "something" isnt in the library? the dreaded "txtimport" error is grueling and time consuming since theres not a log or model listed that causes the error.

Thank you.