pettka

Tools Development Branch Discussion

Just the one in the Samples.

The thing is that it's not so much an error since I take a working one, and it still jams up, but I'll see what the issue is as it may be something else.

Missing autocenter = 0 property from the geometry LOD?

That's usually what the problem is if bones are rotating around what seems like some arbitrary axis away from the model, instead of the ones defined in the memory LOD

• Like 2

That'd probably help if I like, had one in the first place... Lol I'll add that and see if that fixes it...

And.... I'm an idiot, thanks da12thmonkey, doh!

• Like 2

Does this bug include no files in the P: Drive (even though Windoze says there are), or no files are showing in the P: Drive, even though they're not hidden?

Does this bug include no files in the P: Drive (even though Windoze says there are), or no files are showing in the P: Drive, even though they're not hidden?

I'm afraid there's some missing context here, could you offer some details?

Well, I mount the P: Drive as normal (bottom right command) and after the P drive is mounted Windows shows that there are files there, but when I go to the drive, there isn't anything displayed.

Well, I mount the P: Drive as normal (bottom right command) and after the P drive is mounted Windows shows that there are files there, but when I go to the drive, there isn't anything displayed.

You mean in 'My Computer'? Because mine does that too as it reflects the space/usage of the drive where your P:\ drive is linked to (in my case my 'G:\Buldozer' folder).

P_drive_hdd.jpg

The fact your P:\ drive is empty means its linking to the new default location (i.e. where you don't have any files yet).

• Like 1

Lol thanks, I've been out of the mix for a bit man, thanks.

Is there any chance of the roads bug ever being fixed in Terrain Builder? The one where when you move the shape for a road and it bugs and flies miles off the map. Then you have to delete it or reload. It really slows down your map making, if you have to save every time you want to move a bit of road. then it bugs and you have to close your project, then reload.

Okay I'm retarded. Do I put my files in the "Arma 3 Projects" or where do I put this stuff? I tried packing and Addon Builder doesn't want to pack now even though I point it towards the My Documents folder?

Okay I'm retarded. Do I put my files in the "Arma 3 Projects" or where do I put this stuff? I tried packing and Addon Builder doesn't want to pack now even though I point it towards the My Documents folder?

My guess would be you'd put the files in whatever folder your P:\ drive is linked to:

P_drive.jpg

Okay... got it sorted... sometimes simple operations shouldn't be so difficult...

I'm getting a Bad file 71 error when packing P3ds now. This is both Development and Stable Tools (tried both, same issue), or is it the lack of path to the Poseidon Tools that causes this?

What version of the game are you using? Could you provide a RPT from the game?

I'm on 1.60.136470 Main Branch, and will PM the .rpt files.

Poseidon Tools is not at fault, it's just a third party config/script editor. But I may have missed the point, from where do you this error? (I initially thought it was with the game but turns out it's not the case)

I know, it is way too early to ask that question, but is it planned to pursue the same approach as with the DLCs with regards to official texture templates as part of the Samples? In order to make re-texturing of (encrypted) expansion content a possibility for modders?

Indeed, it's a bit early. I will share some more information as soon as I can ;)

Poseidon Tools is not at fault, it's just a third party config/script editor. But I may have missed the point, from where do you this error? (I initially thought it was with the game but turns out it's not the case)

I just pack the PBOs, I assume that I put my mods (source files) in the Arma 3 Projects folder and then point Addon Builder to there and pack.

Indeed, it's a bit early. I will share some more information as soon as I can ;)

Yeah, that's what I expected.^^ Nontheless, even the plain textures (ideally plus NOHQs and ASs) would be sufficient to create simple re-textures based on the expansion models.

Okay still getting that Bad Version 71 with my packed P3ds:

- Running development tools

- Running Main Branch Arma 3 game

- Source files are in the Arma 3 Projects folder

- Seems to be mirrored in the P: drive when mounted.

When I pack I point Addon Builder to the P: drive and pack there.

Or is there something in my steps that I am screwing up by accident?

- Running development tools

- Running Main Branch Arma 3 game

Wasn't Binarize updated? Doubt the DEV tools will work with STABLE branch...

Ive been using Dev with Stable for a couple years now, and this is the first time it's gone screwy.

Its probably the first time Binarize has been updated to use a "new" type of P3D (type 71) out of sync with the stable branch support for the new type...Either way, you'll need to either run dev branch of the game or revert to stable branch of the tools most likely, unless Tom et al can provide a solution