pettka

Tools Development Branch Discussion

Yes please do so. The old settings create way too many problems when importing/exporting models....

On another note:

The Virtual Garage includes vehicles where you can see the damage done.

Is it planned that a dummy is released so we can check it out, how that works?

Can we have an update on Ticket 0023685 please ?

Adam asked for repo steps, got them and there's been no update since ...

The Virtual Garage includes vehicles where you can see the damage done.

Is it planned that a dummy is released so we can check it out, how that works?

There is no plan to add such sample, then, I'm not sure we will have enough time to do so. I will investigate a little on the topic but at a first look, if it happens, it will be on long term.
Can we have an update on Ticket 0023685 please ?

Adam asked for repo steps, got them and there's been no update since ...

Like I said before (previous page), Terrain Builder is complex software and your issue requires additional investigations, the ticket will be updated as soon as we have more info to share.
unrelated to the current Publisher discussion:

is there a way/chance to update the FBX SDK/plug-in in O2 so you can import selections sets (neither verts, edges and faces work at this moment). It's really not ok to import everything as individual objects when fbx can save selection sets. (the selection sets are not saved even for objects, not only for sub-objects/elements)

Nothing is yet planned about that but I agree that it would be nice to have it updated.

Okay still getting failed uploading via Publisher.

This is what I'm doing:

- I'm assuming the "root" directory is the Arma 3 installation folder correct? If so then I'm getting an error saying it has to be in the root directory, and after reading the Wikia topic: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCYQFjAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.bistudio.com%2Fwiki%2FArma_3_Publisher&ei=8lI9VYfKEcanggSBqIGIAg&usg=AFQjCNFeit2TNcmpLrhscKOYrbbrPphfhA&sig2=SyJ6f1G56x03uAAWPEQ48g&bvm=bv.91665533,d.eXY itself does not specify the "root directory" which can mean anything, such as the root directory being C:\ itself, so what is the root directory?

- Putting said upload in the A3 install folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\ folder) I guess this is the root directory? Still tells me that the root folder is some mythical folder which it needs to be placed in so how can I upload it correctly if I don't know where to place it so it does? Once if finally upload Publisher hangs (not freezes) for a good ten minutes (just sits there with the progress bar fully to the right) and then says it can't publish. Given that I tried this last week and this week still no worky.. what's the solution?

Any idea when the examples of the new colimator tech will be available in the A3 dev tools? :bored:

Like I said before (previous page), Terrain Builder is complex software and your issue requires additional investigations, the ticket will be updated as soon as we have more info to share.

Thanks Tom, I'm glad to hear it's being looked into :)

Any idea when the examples of the new colimator tech will be available in the A3 dev tools? :bored:
The new colimator technology needs the new Binarize which is currently under fire (tests). If everything goes well, both, Binarize and the sample could be released soon. In other words, this is planned in the short term :yay:

So far Publisher works, thanks!

Great to see the new PSD files for DLC weapons! :D Very exciting! Can we get something to retexture the gorgeous vests too? Just itching to make an OPFOR variant!

Can we get something to retexture the gorgeous vests too? Just itching to make an OPFOR variant!

Wanted to ask the same thing but I was afraid to be the first one sounding like an ungrateful brat. Glad Kydoimos took that role so kindly. :D :P

Wanted to ask the same thing but I was afraid to be the first one sounding like an ungrateful brat. Glad Kydoimos took that role so kindly. :D :P

lol, ah, I know! 'Give us more - more!' cries the community :p Massive thanks for the existing photoshop DLC support! It's hugely appreciated! We'll do lovely thing with them - we promise!

So anyeay.

Been trying to get the inbuilt bipods working... and I'm stumped after about four hours. I got it to animate but it doesn't want to simply flip down. I think the issue is that the model orientation is set for a model that faces to the right in the Front View, like an attachment. I'm thinking that since a weapon faces to the left in the Front view it's somehow messing it up. Or am I missing something obvious? Like a model example maybe?

Because the attachment bipod worked slicker than snot on a doorknob but it shouldn't take this long for an inbuilt one...

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm just retarded, figured it out :D

Edited by EricJ

Okay again Publisher crashed on me:

- Uploaded it the same way last time, had a specific folder setup with just "@Name" with and Addons folder with the PBO and bisign, again chose to fix the path or root directory issue and it uploaded and hung (non-freeze) and then it told me uploading failed, and then it crashed..

Logs sent via PM.

Is the publisher ever going to support publishing scenarios, or are we doomed to only use the ingame method?

Can we get the vests too? They were shown in the tweet announcing the PSD samples.

That'd be cool too.. or at least make a stripped down MTP vest rather than just the Green one...

"Test_Tank_01.p3d" seems broken.

I just get "Unable to load file. Load error" when trying to open it.

It was the same with todays update and the one before. Not sure exactly when it was broken, but it was working at some point in time.

Same thing with binarizing new models. Once I click on it in Arma 3 Virtual Arsenal instant CTD.

I just tried with the current main branch (1.44) and from my side, it's working. May I ask what type of Addon did you packed and with what tool? Perhaps the packed data.

Some work I'm dong somebody and Addon Builder, running 1.42 Stable Branch game, Dev Branch Tools.

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

Err... the download just started... I'll let it update and re-run...

"Test_Tank_01.p3d" seems broken.

I just get "Unable to load file. Load error" when trying to open it.

It was the same with todays update and the one before. Not sure exactly when it was broken, but it was working at some point in time.

The P3D is indeed broken for an unknown reason, I will take care of it soon ;)
Can we get the vests too? They were shown in the tweet announcing the PSD samples.
This is planned and will be available in the next TECHREP (and soon in the dev branch) :)

Hm, is the new binarize capable of doing the new collimator sights?

Okay it was a patch reason, so models are working fine in-game.

Hm, is the new binarize capable of doing the new collimator sights?
Yes, it is, I just need to gather all the needed stuff to make a proper sample ;)
Okay it was a patch reason, so models are working fine in-game.
Glad to read that :)

Yes, it is, I just need to gather all the needed stuff to make a proper sample ;)

Great! Thanks for the info.