Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

Ragdoll'd

Is there any way to make them fly less? That's the only thing stopping me from downloading this. I'm seriously tired of the AI doing breakdance moves with every hit.

Yes. Demand that BIS add support for ragdoll scripting commands.

Edited by zooloo75

Is that the part where they always fly off to the left if hit not killed? That's what happens to me at least, still i love using this mod :)

@Daggett

Exactly THIS! Looks like they're being pushed by some invisible force or ghost or whatever :D If only this could be fixed....I'd love to use this awesome mod!

@Daggett

Exactly THIS! Looks like they're being pushed by some invisible force or ghost or whatever :D If only this could be fixed....I'd love to use this awesome mod!

And that's exactly what is happening; an invisible mass being accelerated. You have to understand that there is a technical limitation here...

Vote on the ticket on the tracker regarding ragdoll scripting commands (link in my sig) if you want see actual progress.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Edited by zooloo75

Zooloo a quick idea about said weird effect of being thrown perpendicular to the bullets direction of travel... It would seem that straight (front / back) shots and side (left / right) shots yield movement in the direction of the bullets travel. This is to be expected

However, as noted at any angle in between 270, 180 and 90 and zero the movement of the ragdoll is perpendicular to the movement of the bullets travel...

Your using Sin and Cos. Is it possible that a negative value maybe gumming up the works. I am thinking / suggesting the possible testing of an absolute function that will return the absolute value of a number rather then the actual number, assuming you know what "absolute" means..

So anywho what im thinking is there has to be something in the math that is causing this behavior of the invisible steelplate. It has to be a result of the math in the set Pos command and the velocity command. Because at 180 deg and 90 deg all the math works out but any dividend in between causes this perpendicular ragdolling

Edited by Lordprimate

Zooloo a quick idea about said weird effect of being thrown perpendicular to the bullets direction of travel... It would seem that straight (front / back) shots and side (left / right) shots yield movement in the direction of the bullets travel. This is to be expected

However, as noted at any angle in between 270, 180 and 90 and zero the movement of the ragdoll is perpendicular to the movement of the bullets travel...

Your using Sin and Cos. Is it possible that a negative value maybe gumming up the works. I am thinking / suggesting the possible testing of an absolute function that will return the absolute value of a number rather then the actual number, assuming you know what "absolute" means..

So anywho what im thinking is there has to be something in the math that is causing this behavior of the invisible steelplate. It has to be a result of the math in the set Pos command and the velocity command. Because at 180 deg and 90 deg all the math works out but any dividend in between causes this perpendicular ragdolling

I'll look into this tonight. In the meantime, try unhiding the collision object and see if it looks right.

Btw, I know what absolute value is :P

As a comp sci major, higher-level math is expected of us (not saying absolutes are higher-level math though.) :D

ok so I commented out the setTexture, and watching for the irregular behavior.

im doing some AI vs AI testing right now.

Edited by Lordprimate

Did some testing with my favorite CQC mission yesterday and found that Ragdoll'd doesn't work too well inside buildings. The units keep breakdancing on the walls. Maybe there's a way to alter the behavior once inside buildings or maybe near walls? Maybe has to do with AI set to "dostop this", will give it some further evaluation.

Second, is there a moment of invulnerability? Makes it impossible to kill enemy units with small caliber weapons switched to auto.

And last, is there a way to activate Ragdoll'd for players only? I very much like to get thrown down when hit instead of the feared BIS stutter till death.

Thanks for your great work!

Second, is there a moment of invulnerability? Makes it impossible to kill enemy units with small caliber weapons switched to auto.

Could this be the round impacting on the hidden mass instead of the soldier?

the script does make units invulnerable for a very short moment, then switches it off. at least it used to. so if you shoot in full auto there's a big chance some bullets just don't do any damage

When you shot someone driving a car, sometimes the vehicle tend to slightly "bounce". I guess it is something not fixable unless ragdoll is disabled when someone is inside vehicles?

Hey zooloo75 ,

i think your Ragdoll mod works not correct with the new Version (Bootcamp-Update), no flying bodys by shots and explosives :(

I simply cannot get this to work. I have another ragdoll mod that works fine but with this one installed the same way as the other and after disabling all other mods that have any animation functionality the ragdolls are still always vanilla Arma 3. Any ideas/help would be appreciated...?

EDIT: I noticed zooloo75 is also the creator of "FFIS" (@zooloo75_FFIS.pbo) which I use and it seems to work fine. Units will perform the "evasive animations" when under fire. I cannot figure out why Ragdoll'd just wont work.

EDIT 2: My working theory is that CBA wasn't functioning properly before the bootcamp update which is perhaps why Ragdoll'd wasnt working and now that I have got CBA running right its 1.24 thats the problem...?

Edited by SouthernSmoke

I simply cannot get this to work

It stopped working for me since the damn bootcamp update. I'm so pissed, it was my favourite mod.

@zooloo75 ,any chance to run that thing , realy frustrated Arma3 playing without this amazing mod:cry2:

@zooloo75 ,any chance to run that thing , realy frustrated Arma3 playing without this amazing mod:cry2:

Been very busy lately. I just got a GTX780 and should get back into playing A3 some more. I may look into it this weekend.

Been very busy lately. I just got a GTX780 and should get back into playing A3 some more. I may look into it this weekend.

Fantastic news ,dear Lord :worship:

Great news, I have lost interest in A3 since your mod stopped working.

Sad news, I won't be able to do anything for about a week. Found out that 2 of my DIMMs aren't working on my motherboard anymore.

Just ordered the MSI Gaming 5 and the i7 4790K in midst of my total upgrade.

Edited by zooloo75

Sad news, I won't be able to do anything for about a week. Found out that 2 of my DIMMs aren't working on my motherboard anymore.

Just ordered the MSI Gaming 3 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 and the i7 4790K in midst of my total upgrade.

Argh ...good luck with this

Argh ...good luck with this

+1 gl, I can't wait to be able to play again with your mod sonny jim <3

Good news: PC is built now!

MSI Gaming 5

i7 4790K 4GHz

GTX 780 Dual FTW 3GB

8GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz

GTX660 SC 2GB

Allow me a few days to get situated with this beauty :)

Good news: PC is built now!

MSI Gaming 5

i7 4790K 4GHz

GTX 780 Dual FTW 3GB

8GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz

GTX660 SC 2GB

Allow me a few days to get situated with this beauty :)

rejected ^^

first the work, then the fun^^ (just kiddn)

Good system, do you use the 660GTX for PhysX ?

rejected ^^

first the work, then the fun^^ (just kiddn)

Good system, do you use the 660GTX for PhysX ?

Ha, and yes, the GTX660 SC is my dedicated PhysX card.

P.S. Nice signature :P