Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Charles

World Cup 2014

Saw people posting, so put a little meme together

3kKURBA.jpg

He's suspended for 4 months. He'll have to find something else to bite then.

+ the next 9 games with Uruguay.

And for liverpool, although he was most likely off to Barca anyway so just means 4 months chilling in the Catalonia sunlight.

Germany vs USA was not the most interesting match ive seen, still the Germans played very good IMO.

I hope they were just trying to play safe not risking injuries and cards.

That last minute action of the US team was pretty awesome though.

Germany vs USA was not the most interesting match ive seen, still the Germans played very good IMO.

I hope they were just trying to play safe not risking injuries and cards.

That last minute action of the US team was pretty awesome though.

That group was complicated :D, too much good teams in it :)

Qualified countries by zones :

AFC (Asia) : Iran, Japan, South Korea, Australia. 0/4 (0%)

CAF (Africa) : Nigeria, Algeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast,Cameroon. 2/5 (40%)

CONMEBOL : Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Uruguay, Ecuador. 5/6 (83%)

CONCACAF : Costa Rica, Mexico, USA, Honduras. 3/4 (75%)

UEFA : Germany, Netherlands, France, Swizterland, Belgium, Greece, Spain, Portugal, England, Italy, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Russia, Croatia. 6/13 (46%)

Second round:

Brazil Vs Chile (Should be Good)

Colombia Vs Uruguay (Should be Good)

Holland Vs Mexico (Should be Good

Costa Rica Vs Greece (God dammit England!)

France Vs Nigeria

Germany Vs Algeria

Argentina Vs Switzerland

Belgium Vs USA (Should be Good)

Qualified countries by zones :

AFC (Asia) : Iran, Japan, South Korea, Australia. 0/4 (0%)

CAF (Africa) : Nigeria, Algeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast,Cameroon. 2/5 (40%)

CONMEBOL : Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Uruguay, Ecuador. 5/6 (83%)

CONCACAF : Costa Rica, Mexico, USA, Honduras. 3/4 (75%)

UEFA : Germany, Netherlands, France, Swizterland, Belgium, Greece, Spain, Portugal, England, Italy, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Russia, Croatia. 6/13 (46%)

South america is winning the cup right now. Do the fans in the stadion really have such an impact? It seems so.

South america is winning the cup right now. Do the fans in the stadion really have such an impact? It seems so.

European teams in World Cups held in the Americas have always struggled compared to the teams from that continent. I think it's more to due with the weather/climate. It gets as hot around the Mediterranean, but the humidity is significantly worse than in Europe and the difference in altitude between stadiums is a factor (i.e. Ecuador plays it's qualifying matches at high altitude and won all but one of it's home games).

What a sensational and breathtaking game. Chile played a tremendous game against favored host - Brazil. Just imagine, Brazil losing during 1/8 finals (strange isn't it)? I'm sure their president would call for a national mourning day if not a week! Hopefully Julio Cesar saved the whole country for a disaster :)

That player Cuadrado is just awesome ! Colombia is a serious outsider this year !

IMHO Chile should have won that. the referee turned a blind eye on Brasil a few times....

IMHO Chile should have won that. the referee turned a blind eye on Brasil a few times....

Brazil getting knocked out would have made public interest drop to virtually zero and the social unrest would have resurfaced. Two things FIFA really doesn't want to see.

Now that was a great match, feel sorry for Mexico though, IMO they played a bit better.

Brazil getting knocked out would have made public interest drop to virtually zero and the social unrest would have resurfaced. Two things FIFA really doesn't want to see.

Why? Giants getting knocked out of tournaments is part of the allure. I do agree with your second point though but it's most likely gonna happen anyways

Why? Giants getting knocked out of tournaments is part of the allure.

I mean in Brazil. More empty spots in stadiums, life in Brazil going on as if there isn't a WC being played, commercial ventures in Brazil coming to a halt etc. Brazilians love football as long as Brazil wins.

Now that was a great match, feel sorry for Mexico though, IMO they played a bit better.

Once again, a very doubtful penalty. It's amazing that FIFA doesn't understand that video recording and arbitrage is absolutely necessary for such major décisions. It works a treat for Rugby, there isn't any reasonable reason that it can't work for Football.