Sign in to follow this  
Janez

Far Cry 4

tpw: have a look over google for stuttering fix. it is a simple .ini line to manual edit, had the same issue on my i72600k@4gh/gtx780/16gb Ram

i would direct you to it but i am on phone

Thanks PuFu, I actually made .ini and numerous other changes early on and there's still a bit of stuttering. The mipmap=0 change actually makes the game look a bit crap with the lower textures, so I reverted it.

Thanks PuFu, I actually made .ini and numerous other changes early on and there's still a bit of stuttering. The mipmap=0 change actually makes the game look a bit crap with the lower textures, so I reverted it.

I still get a bit of stuttering but changing nvidia control panel to 3 pre rendered frames and changing the options xml to pre rendered frames =1 eliminated 95% for me... I now have a weird issue where it keeps downloading the same 5 GB update over and over...

I still get a bit of stuttering but changing nvidia control panel to 3 pre rendered frames and changing the options xml to pre rendered frames =1 eliminated 95% for me...

That's what I did too, as well as running MSI afterburner and limiting FPS to 45.

I now have a weird issue where it keeps downloading the same 5 GB update over and over...

Hmm, never encountered that bug. Steam or uplay?

Really love getting attacked by eagles, wolfs, snakes while some hunter is shooting arrows at ya... wooot. really?

lol, yeah, that first encounter with the hunters is really annoying.

But you just have to sneak for it to be easier. It gives some sort of satisfaction after killing one with a bow headshot as he's own wolf comes up and starts to chew on the body...

The eagles are f'ing infuriating though, not the smartest ideas ever to add those..

lol, yeah, that first encounter with the hunters is really annoying.

But you just have to sneak for it to be easier. It gives some sort of satisfaction after killing one with a bow headshot as he's own wolf comes up and starts to chew on the body...

The eagles are f'ing infuriating though, not the smartest ideas ever to add those..

I had all 4 attacking me at the same time, impossible to do anything. Maybe they added just a bit too much wildlife.

Yea that fucking eagle - that was the most annoying thing ever , for example been clearing the tower there were bad guys near by so i clear them up and all the sudden random eagle attack ! :D

Is the eagle this agressive? i mean irl ye i know he hunts rabbits or similar animal but attacking people? lol

I had all 4 attacking me at the same time, impossible to do anything. Maybe they added just a bit too much wildlife.

Same here. I almost mashed my keyboard to bits after at least 3 retries until I decided to try go very slow and crawly..

Is the eagle this agressive?

Really doubt an eagle would attack grown human unless the person was violating it's nest or something.

AFAIK there has once existed an eagle that was prone on attacking humans though but it's long extinct.

The eagle is very infuriating. But I've found that if I ever hear one of them (They always make the same sound before attacking.), I always hide under a tree or try to shoot it out of the sky just as it is diving down at me.

The eagle is very infuriating. But I've found that if I ever hear one of them (They always make the same sound before attacking.), I always hide under a tree or try to shoot it out of the sky just as it is diving down at me.

The best way to deal with the Eagle is to take a nice LMG/MG and spray and pray ;)

I read a bit about the game and it seems the eagles are the real enemies(and the most annoying),they kinda went overboard with the wildlife now.Reminds me of Morrowind Cliff Racers.:z:

I read a bit about the game and it seems the eagles are the real enemies(and the most annoying),they kinda went overboard with the wildlife now.Reminds me of Morrowind Cliff Racers.:z:

Imagine having a Predator Drone on your ass.

I liked Far Cry 2 very much and you can see, that since then the cultural Creations of Heart of Darkness and Apocalypse now, mixed with the actual popcultural situation heavyly influenced Far Cry.

This shows basicly in two things: 1. There are no good guys. 2. You are part of the Problem.

[spoiler alert]

Sadly, but not surprisingly, most people don't get any of that till the point where the situation is totaly FUBA. Both Golden Path Ends show you how further more down south a country can get. Forced Labour, drafted Child soldiers, Opium Fields and mass exicutions are basicly the event that should break the 4th wall to the player, because non of this would have happend without him doing what he did. This time there is even the 3th option, this time you have the possibility do not do any of that, not becoming the greater evil by just staying where you are, waiting at the dinner table. Basicly the game is pointing at the player saying " You did this ".

Never has a game made me feel bad about my decisions and how they affect virtual people :(

I wish in the super secret ninja alternate start where you wait instead of leaving, and place the ashes of your mother with Pagan - then the game ends that you could fight with Pagan against the Golden Path

Basicly the game is pointing at the player saying " You did this ".

Oh man, another one of those. What is it with the recent trend of guiding the player down a single path and then going "YOU BASTARD!" when the scripted shit hits the fan? I don't mind a little guilt trip as long as I have the feeling of actual complicity in the event. I've been thinking about Spec Ops: The Line and it's the same deal. If the developer doesn't really offer you a choice in the matter, it's losing a lot of that emotional impact (for me). The choice "put down your controller and stop playing" seems similarly pointless to me since you've spent money on it, meaning you're invested. Might just be me, but the "welcome, noble player, thanks for the money now fuck off" attitude just isn't making me feel guilty for being a crazy violent psychopath that supports nuclear jingoist sexism or whatever it's stylish to oppose these days.

Of course, you could argue that this is a very roundabout implementation of the Milgram experiment and that you shouldn't be blindly following orders from above (ie. the plot). I suppose it all depends on whether or not the player notices the plot strings and invisible walls.

This game is beautiful ... but the gameplay is dumbed down to hell, it was already too easy on previous titles, but now it's even worse.

The scenario is a total mess, it really has no depth or progression, characters are too mad that they don't make sense anymore, dialogues are poor ... once you stop being amazed by those graphics, you start feeling dumb playing this.