laxemann

Laxemann's "Enhanced Soundscape" (L_ES) - Gun reverb and echo based on terrain

Bin using that for 2 days now on a server and some times it the mod seem to stop working and then picking up a gain bit so far it is dam cool when a lot of shooting is going on

That might be due to you having low fps.

Check the userconfig, you can determine at which fps it stops working.

thx will test new v. any plans with bwmod and other Arma3 weapons (no ports)?

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey dude,

I actually wanted to do that but I have no clue how to check for the surrounding trees.

Nearestobjects just returns the classnames of pretty much everything and I can't filter it by the baseclass because... well, I don't know the base class :P

Could anyone help me with that?

I wish i knew more about the coding of the game. I'm still learning the basic structure of scripting ammo weapons and units.

Hey dude,

I actually wanted to do that but I have no clue how to check for the surrounding trees.

Nearestobjects just returns the classnames of pretty much everything and I can't filter it by the baseclass because... well, I don't know the base class :P

Could anyone help me with that?

It might be a bit of a longshot, you could use the value of which surface the player is standing on and if I dont remember incorrectly forest/woodland has a "specific surface".

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/surfaceType

@LAxemann

You are doing (you 've done) a wonderful job there.

I m really impressed!

And thanks again for the feedback! :)

Good an bad news, let's start with the good ones:

• The next version will utilize the new commands for handling arrays (deleteAt etc.), meaning there'll be a theoretical performance increase. This may also fix a current issue that causes some elements not to be deleted.

• The next version will get it's own server keys due to popular demand. :)

• New soundsets, maybe.

As for mod soundsets:

I might do some, but I plan to write a little, quick tutorial on how to create own soundsets so that you guys can finally go insane finding good reverb sounds yourself! :D

The bad news:

The next version will only be released as soon as the new array commands make it into stable - sawwy! :)

Greetings!

What testing this to day with J s r s 2.2 and it is nice as nice can be so much more fun to play like that

There are also Ambient Parameters, which should be exactly what you are looking for. But I don't know if and how you could make them work, only animals use them I think.

There are also Ambient Parameters, which should be exactly what you are looking for. But I don't know if and how you could make them work, only animals use them I think.

This indeed looks interesting, saw that in some sound configs, too, right. Thanks dude! :)

Also:

Currently there are three distance steps (close, mid, far).

I'm thinking about lowering the volume of mid-and far distance reverbs.

What do you guys think?

If you want to reproduce a situation where this is clearly audible, just place a CSAT and NATO squad close to eachother and spawn yourself ~500m away.

I'd be VERY happy about opinions on this one! :)

I don't know about volume mid range but far range doesn't need lowering at all.

You rarely hear far distance reverbs during a firefight, because the firefight is louder, you can only hear it when you single fire and there's silence afterward, so it's already something quite rare.

I find general volume really good right now, but it's just my opinion :)

like i bin saying works like a champ but would like to see a bit more performance increase if that is posibile.

bin playing domi mission and some times starts lagging bad if lots of shooting is going on

like i bin saying works like a champ but would like to see a bit more performance increase if that is posibile.

bin playing domi mission and some times starts lagging bad if lots of shooting is going on

I've been testing the newest version (which will be released as soon as the new array commands make it into the stable branch) and had pretty much no fps difference during a firefight.

Stay tuned ;)

I've been testing the newest version (which will be released as soon as the new array commands make it into the stable branch) and had pretty much no fps difference during a firefight.

Stay tuned ;)

Amazing. LAxemann I want to say this is one of the best mods going right now, the effect on immersion is huge, and if the array commands can take out the performance hit it'll be a must-have like JSRS, blastcore, etc. Great work.

Amazing. LAxemann I want to say this is one of the best mods going right now, the effect on immersion is huge, and if the array commands can take out the performance hit it'll be a must-have like JSRS, blastcore, etc. Great work.

Thanks! :)

Yup, I'll update the current functions in DragonFyre and 2.2 in order to make it run faster aswell, I guess. Mr. Jarhead likes his performance :D

Bad news guys, something's wrong with my PC (probably the mainboard/CPU) so I'm on hold until I found out what it is exactly and fixed it.

No clue how long this will take, but I guess I've lost no data.

I would pull your hard drives and toss into a friends computer and try and get the data off just in case... We are sadly notorious for hard drives failing and all of our mods being lost ;)

Anyways regarding the coming version you say it has no FPS loss during a firefight with the new commands in dev build? :)

Anyways regarding the coming version you say it has no FPS loss during a firefight with the new commands in dev build? :)

Yup, I checked with diag_fps and it was pretty much the same with 18 units shooting at eachother :)