Sign in to follow this  
Raid

M1A1 MBT A2 Port

Thanks for informing us of the new update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Cheers for the TUSK. Just ambushed a platoon on Kellu with a squad of RPG7 troops.. Maybe the armour value is still understated? ;P or maybe the crew bails even when the tracks are hit. Is there a script yet that prevents this?

Nice. But the Driver pos no longer has NV capabilities. Intended?

Nice. But the Driver pos no longer has NV capabilities. Intended?

Ohhh man. Not having any luck today. No it was not intended. :/

why is the loader sight a TWS when you can only use the NV mode on it?

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

also thanks for the M1A2s, they are OP like i like them.....i had a 10v10 on the saltlake with AI and i was a bystander, only 2 abrams were disabled(not even destroyed), and the t-100s got owned, ABRAMS 4 LIFE

Ohhh man. Not having any luck today. No it was not intended. :/
Any ideas why I can no longer load my mp map after the update? I was using 1 US tank and 1 AUS tank. Thanks

Any ideas why I can no longer load my mp map after the update? I was using 1 US tank and 1 AUS tank. Thanks

The class names were changed!

Ronin, I'm pretty sure you can fix this 1.8, no need to feel so bad about only 2 problems ;)

The class names were changed!
Sorry I'm a newb. Shouldn't I be able to load the map in the editor, delete the tanks then update to the new version and re apply them to the map? This won't work ether.

Sorry I'm a newb. Shouldn't I be able to load the map in the editor, delete the tanks then update to the new version and re apply them to the map? This won't work ether.

no you have to go into the mission file itself via notepad or something of that sort.

I dusted off my account here just to say I think you've done a fantastic job with this mod. Thank you so much for going the extra mile and making sure everything works smoothly for ArmA 3.

I saw a couple things that other folks have already mentioned, but I don't know if anyone's noticed that the commander's 12.7mm MG on the M1A2 Tusk 2035 sounds the same as its 6.5mm coax, but it sounds beefier on the M1A2 Tusk and M1A2 Tusk Tan.

Compared to the MBT-52 Kuma and M2A4 Slammer UP, the M1A2 Tusk and M1A2 Tusk Tan commander's MGs sound the same. However, the M1A2 Tusk 2035's commander MG shares the same sound as all of the other tanks' coax guns.

One thing I thought odd, which isn't due to this mod, is that Bohemia used the same sounds for both the 7.62 and 6.5mm coaxial guns. In the meantime, this results in the M1A2 Tusk 2035 having the same weapon sound for the 6.5mm gunner's coax, 7.62mm loader's MG, and 12.7mm commander's MG.

This doesn't detract from what I think is an otherwise solid mod, I just thought I'd make the observation. Again, thank you very much for putting the work in and providing this to the community.

If you load V1.6 up. Yes you will be able to delete the tanks and Save.

---------- Post added at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

I dusted off my account here just to say I think you've done a fantastic job with this mod. Thank you so much for going the extra mile and making sure everything works smoothly for ArmA 3.

I saw a couple things that other folks have already mentioned, but I don't know if anyone's noticed that the commander's 12.7mm MG on the M1A2 Tusk 2035 sounds the same as its 6.5mm coax, but it sounds beefier on the M1A2 Tusk and M1A2 Tusk Tan.

Compared to the MBT-52 Kuma and M2A4 Slammer UP, the M1A2 Tusk and M1A2 Tusk Tan commander's MGs sound the same. However, the M1A2 Tusk 2035's commander MG shares the same sound as all of the other tanks' coax guns.

One thing I thought odd, which isn't due to this mod, is that Bohemia used the same sounds for both the 7.62 and 6.5mm coaxial guns. In the meantime, this results in the M1A2 Tusk 2035 having the same weapon sound for the 6.5mm gunner's coax, 7.62mm loader's MG, and 12.7mm commander's MG.

This doesn't detract from what I think is an otherwise solid mod, I just thought I'd make the observation. Again, thank you very much for putting the work in and providing this to the community.

I had a look at the files themselves to confirm but Yes, A3's Coax are derived from the same base class. It turns out so is the 2035 Com Gun. I'll take a look at it later and might include a change in a future update.

Yeah! Update! Big thank you Raid, your awesome!

You're welcome buddy,

-Raid

Ronin, just out of curiosity I noticed some writing on the barrl on the M1A2 2035, its slightly blurry so I can't make it out what does it say?

Thanks

Ronin, just out of curiosity I noticed some writing on the barrl on the M1A2 2035, its slightly blurry so I can't make it out what does it say?

Thanks

I'm Guessing you are talking to me.... It says Collateral Damage.

-Raid

Oh thanks, I thought your name was Ronin for a second, I'll male sure to call you Raid from now on :o

I think the textures have to be darker by a fair amount. The woodland version should not be brighter than the forest it stands in, and especially the Australian version should be darker, the grey must be nearly black and the too bright yellow must be a reddish brown. Check photos like this: http://www.forte.jor.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/M113AS4-e-Abrams-M1A1-na-Chong-Ju-foto-3-MoD-Australia.jpg or http://www.forte.jor.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/M113AS4-e-Abrams-M1A1-na-Chong-Ju-foto-MoD-Australia.jpg I know it's never easy to port colors from a photo in game, but notice how it compares to the environment, in the same way the in-game environment should be the reference for the vehicle textures. And by that reference, the current textures are definitely too bright. Also the 2035 version with the dull olive color is definitely brighter than the BIS Merkavas etc.

In general, the texture should appear too dark in Photoshop, then it turns out quite ok in game.

Maybe you even have to tune down the diffuse map (the blue channel in the smdi file) a bit so it doesn't reflect so much. But instead of a complete darkening, it might be better to just darken the bright areas (roof etc.).

I can send you changed versions I made for my personal use, if you are interested in taking a look at those:

mflrnpd3.jpg

Edited by Brainbug

I think the textures have to be darker by a fair amount. The woodland version should not be brighter than the forest it stands in, and especially the Australian version should be darker, the grey must be nearly black and the too bright yellow must be a reddish brown. Check photos like this: http://www.forte.jor.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/M113AS4-e-Abrams-M1A1-na-Chong-Ju-foto-3-MoD-Australia.jpg or http://www.forte.jor.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/M113AS4-e-Abrams-M1A1-na-Chong-Ju-foto-MoD-Australia.jpg I know it's never easy to port colors from a photo in game, but notice how it compares to the environment, in the same way the in-game environment should be the reference for the vehicle textures. And by that reference, the current textures are definitely too bright. Also the 2035 version with the dull olive color is definitely brighter than the BIS Merkavas etc.

In general, the texture should appear too dark in Photoshop, then it turns out quite ok in game.

Maybe you even have to tune down the diffuse map (the blue channel in the smdi file) a bit so it doesn't reflect so much. But instead of a complete darkening, it might be better to just darken the bright areas (roof etc.).

I can send you changed versions I made for my personal use, if you are interested in taking a look at those:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140615/temp/mflrnpd3.jpg

I don't know much on texturing for games let alone A3's Super Shader. These texture were for A2 and I know that they always turn out wrong in A3. If you have anything to contribute to the project you are always welcome to PM me with changes you decide might be more effectual. This goes to everyone, if you wan't to contribute to the project just ask. Sounds / Effects / New Textures / HD Normal maps. There is an extensive list of features this project doesn't have. Before you ask yes all credit would be appointed correctly.

-Raid

Edited by Raid

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140615/temp/mflrnpd3.jpg

holy helicopter on a tuesday morning the A3 2035 style abrams you texture updated looks like BIS would have made it.

that was the goal, the 2035 version was supposed to blend in with the other vanilla blufor vehicles after all.

@Raid: sent you a pm.

i working on enhancing the Map icons, just cause why not, if they look good ill send'em over

Great work Raid! Gives some classic armor to play with in combo with RDS tank pack. :)

Raid, i got some icons i was wondering if you would want to be the new abrams map icons (more detailed)

here they are

Icons_zps927307f0.png