Sign in to follow this  
Raid

M1A1 MBT A2 Port

That's why there has been the convention since years to prefix all class names with a modder specific tag, not content specific... if I make a mod, everything I do is prefixed with FHQ_

Honestly, since Arma 3, a lot of modders didn't do that anymore but instead made the class names have content related prefixes (like the ADF_ thing for example), or completely avoided ANY prefix.

Modders, PLEASE:

Go to OFPEC and register a tag for yourself. Then, USE THE TAG. People that came before you made this a convention, and it is a good one that totally avoids such a CF

THIS.

I have had multiple requests to change the class names of my M4's or Accessories so that "they would work with VAS", but seriously, not using a prefix IS asking for trouble. It has worked for near on fifteen years now, so I seriously wonder when it started to be a good idea to throw it all overboard. It's asking for excrement to hit the fan.

do you think you can modify the abrams to make it a M1A3 (tougher armor with A3 weapons) to fit in with the timeline

do you think you can modify the abrams to make it a M1A3 (tougher armor with A3 weapons) to fit in with the timeline

Maybe. If I have some time somewhere. Hows that Winter Camo?

Edit: Even better get altin to help me with the M1A2 Animations of the Loader and I'll turn that into the M1A3.

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

That's why there has been the convention since years to prefix all class names with a modder specific tag, not content specific... if I make a mod, everything I do is prefixed with FHQ_

Honestly, since Arma 3, a lot of modders didn't do that anymore but instead made the class names have content related prefixes (like the ADF_ thing for example), or completely avoided ANY prefix.

Modders, PLEASE:

Go to OFPEC and register a tag for yourself. Then, USE THE TAG. People that came before you made this a convention, and it is a good one that totally avoids such a CF

I understand what you are trying to say but I did name them as I did so that the tank will fit in conjunction with ADF Uncut.

As for Altis DF thats not my fault.

@Shep_FR | As for Altis DF If what you say is true that means it conflicts with ADF Uncut as well...

@Raid So you should contact the AlDF and solve the problem.

I understand what you are trying to say but I did name them as I did so that the tank will fit in conjunction with ADF Uncut.

As for Altis DF thats not my fault.

No of course not. I didn't want to put blame on anyone, actually. Just pointing out. It's not the first time I've seen this, so I think it's a good idea to actively promote the tag system.

anyway Raid I'm going through the config.cpp

I discovered this at line 358, it was empty gunnerOutOpticsModel, here is a link to what it does.

When looking through the old M1A1 it was \ca\Weapons\optika_empty I believe that is incorrect. Hope this helps.

Edited by Lala14

anyway Raid I'm going through the config.cpp

I discovered this at line 358, it was empty gunnerOutOpticsModel, here is a link to what it does.

When looking through the old M1A1 it was \ca\Weapons\optika_empty I believe that is incorrect. Hope this helps.

You have lost me? I no what this does and it is supposed to be empty.

Also while looking through the T-100 Line 739 has stabilizedInAxes = 3; while the M1A1 has StabilizedInAxes = "StabilizedInAxesNone"; line 338? could this be referring to the gyro for the commander? link

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

You have lost me? I no what this does and it is supposed to be empty.

But isn't this to allow for aiming down sights when turned out?

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

anyway it seems like when you have stabilizedInAxes = 3; set the commander gun will not move when the gunner turret moves, I do not know if you would like this in.

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

anyway discovered for gunnerOutOpticsModel the ArmA 3 equivalent of this from ArmA 2 is "\A3\weapons_f\reticle\optics_empty", when this is placed you are now able to aim down sights but, you have the same zoom capability and also you still have the distance thing appearing. so I hope this helps for the investigation, also one more thing is that when as gunner and you reload to the HE it says in the action 16 but its 20. Hope this info helps

@Lala14 GunnerOutOptics is to do with the Gunner not the Commander. Optics model is usually just an overlay. It is what the Driver uses when turned in. The stabalizedaxis had no idea what that was. I'll look into it if I must.

@Lala14 GunnerOutOptics is to do with the Gunner not the Commander. Optics model is usually just an overlay. It is what the Driver uses when turned in. The stabalizedaxis had no idea what that was. I'll look into it if I must.

alright so I'll explain it again

The GunnerOutOpticsModel is in the CommanderTurret or as you called it NewTurret at line 358, now if we insert this "\A3\weapons_f\reticle\optics_empty" it will allow NewTurret to Aim down sights of the weapon when turned out but it basically acts like inside but still can get shot, so this allows for the commander to zoom in as much as he would be able to when turned in and the range will pop up towards the bottom.

stablizedInAxis is basically a gyro for the tank, if we set it to 3 it allows for you to stay aiming at where your aiming when the vehicle is moving around which was one of the main features of the M1 Abrams.

we could also since defined up at the top of the .cpp as stabilizedinaxesboth

If you want I can hop onto the Day0 ts, got nothing to do right now.

alright so I'll explain it again

The GunnerOutOpticsModel is in the CommanderTurret or as you called it NewTurret at line 358, now if we insert this "\A3\weapons_f\reticle\optics_empty" it will allow NewTurret to Aim down sights of the weapon when turned out but it basically acts like inside but still can get shot, so this allows for the commander to zoom in as much as he would be able to when turned in and the range will pop up towards the bottom.

stablizedInAxis is basically a gyro for the tank, if we set it to 3 it allows for you to stay aiming at where your aiming when the vehicle is moving around which was one of the main features of the M1 Abrams.

we could also since defined up at the top of the .cpp as stabilizedinaxesboth

If you want I can hop onto the Day0 ts, got nothing to do right now.

Fair enough bro, you will find me on the Day0 TS all the time. 39th Channel.

Upon some combat tests, i really say a upgrade to their armor strenght and accuracy is needed, 3 BTRs took down 2 out of 3 abrams in a head to head battle on near flat ground

note: without use of rockets

Quick question. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you be willing to make a desert M1A1 (identical to the ADF Tan one currently included), but simply without the ADF marking on the side? Or is there some way to remove that emblem in-game that I don't know about?

Quick question. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you be willing to make a desert M1A1 (identical to the ADF Tan one currently included), but simply without the ADF marking on the side? Or is there some way to remove that emblem in-game that I don't know about?

V1.6 has a US Tan Camo. You would know this if you read the Update Notes.

Hey, Raid, have you tried to use the FV-720 Mora crosshair as the M1A1 gunner crosshair? It is exactly the same as a real Abram crosshair - except it is used on a 30mm gun, but I doubt it has been scalled for that weapon ballistic...

Just take a look -> 1024x576.resizedimage

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3280056242824426148/EA1436789ADC072CC98F358170E1DEED495454F2/1024x576.resizedimage

cheers!

;2692899']Hey' date=' Raid, have you tried to use the FV-720 Mora crosshair as the M1A1 gunner crosshair? It is exactly the same as a real Abram crosshair - except it is used on a 30mm gun, but I doubt it has been scalled for that weapon ballistic...

Just take a look -> [url']http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3280056242824426148/EA1436789ADC072CC98F358170E1DEED495454F2/1024x576.resizedimage[/url]

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3280056242824426148/EA1436789ADC072CC98F358170E1DEED495454F2/1024x576.resizedimage

cheers!

No I haven't. I'll have a look at the code and inform.

-Raid

Any chances a possible increase in the capacity of the coax for the next update? And the commanders sights/MG getting the stabilized setting in config?

Any chances a possible increase in the capacity of the coax for the next update? And the commanders sights/MG getting the stabilized setting in config?

Oh yes forgot about that. The stabilizedaxis has already been done. As for the Coax any ideas as to how much munition it holds?

Wiki says,

1 × .50-caliber (12.7 mm) M2HB heavy machine gun with 900 rounds

2 × 7.62 mm (.308 in) M240 machine guns with 8,800 rounds (1 pintle-mounted, 1 coaxial)

So I imagine 4x1000 round boxes is more then enough.

Wiki says,

1 × .50-caliber (12.7 mm) M2HB heavy machine gun with 900 rounds

2 × 7.62 mm (.308 in) M240 machine guns with 8,800 rounds (1 pintle-mounted, 1 coaxial)

So I imagine 4x1000 round boxes is more then enough.

The one place I don't look haha. You see I had it at 1200 Rnd's because I knew that was the case size just didn't know how many cases. Thanks for that.

So I was working on the M1A1 today and thought about adding a Mine Plow. However it would be completely aesthetic. I have modelled something up. It's not accurate at all but just write something if you would like it in game or not.

http://i.imgur.com/dqTECpB.png (110 kB)

Edited by Raid

The Bobcats mine plow "works", in the sense that it will detonate mines and not cause damage to the vehicle. Perhaps there is some kind of code in it's file that will cause it to take no damage from mines if detonated from the front?

The Bobcats mine plow "works", in the sense that it will detonate mines and not cause damage to the vehicle. Perhaps there is some kind of code in it's file that will cause it to take no damage from mines if detonated from the front?

When I said Aesthetic I mean I am in no position to animate it from up to down.