Sign in to follow this  
Raid

M1A1 MBT A2 Port

Looking nice Raid, would definitively like to see a version with a plow! Is there any chance we could get one with the additional TUSK armor from the M1A2 until the whole M1A2 itself sees a release?

Could you also look into making the textures less shiny/reflective? Had the same problems with the L86A2 and managed to tone it down by editing the .rvmat's.

Other than that i'd just like to say thanks for this port, it's an absolute beauty to drive, way smoother than the vanilla armored vehicles!

Thanks for informing us of the update and sorry for the delay before posting :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

G'day Raid. I think I have found a problem with your M1A1. It appears to conflict with the BIS M1A1 if using All in Arma. Running your M1A1 and All in Arma earlier today I found that when an empty M1A1 (1 of yours and 1 from BIS), were placed using the editor, neither of them had ammunition for the main gun or the commanders machine gun. Removed your M1A1 and Bis M1A1 had ammunition. Removed AiA and your M1A1 had ammunition. Can you investigate why this is so? As for the M1A2, would love to see them ingame. Keep up the good work.

Hi Raid

Do you plan to include the M1A2 Abrams anyday ?

His posted pictures bro

G'day Raid. I think I have found a problem with your M1A1. It appears to conflict with the BIS M1A1 if using All in Arma. Running your M1A1 and All in Arma earlier today I found that when an empty M1A1 (1 of yours and 1 from BIS), were placed using the editor, neither of them had ammunition for the main gun or the commanders machine gun. Removed your M1A1 and Bis M1A1 had ammunition. Removed AiA and your M1A1 had ammunition. Can you investigate why this is so? As for the M1A2, would love to see them ingame. Keep up the good work.

Are you using V1.6?

I believe so, downloaded from Play with Six. Will try download from Armaholic and try again.

---------- Post added at 06:49 ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 ----------

Just downloaded V1.6 from Armaholic and tested. Both tanks do not have main gun or .50cal ammunition onboard. Running latest version Arma3 and CBA only along with last patched version AiA SA and no other mods.

Edited by Wansec_6

I believe so, downloaded from Play with Six. Will try download from Armaholic and try again.

---------- Post added at 06:49 ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 ----------

Just downloaded V1.6 from Armaholic and tested. Both tanks do not have main gun or .50cal ammunition onboard. Running latest version Arma3 and CBA only along with last patched version AiA SA and no other mods.

It may be caused due to both M1's using the same Class name. Don't worry V1.7 should fix this issue. Sorry about that.

No worries at all. It can't be easy to detect every possible conflict when you are attempting to turn out the quality of work that you are on your own. I would love to be able to help, but I have no skills as a modder. Could I offer my services as a play tester?

No worries at all. It can't be easy to detect every possible conflict when you are attempting to turn out the quality of work that you are on your own. I would love to be able to help, but I have no skills as a modder. Could I offer my services as a play tester?

As I don't have AiA I will send you a version of 1.7 to test if I fixed the problem :)

That would be good. Happy to be able to help. Good luck with it.

I think the texture is too "clean". You may dirty it to make it real IMO.

I think the texture is too "clean". You may dirty it to make it real IMO.

I kind of like the clean look. Sure you can get in trouble with a clean looking one where it ends up looking cartoony, but as long as you put some love into the detail, it should be fine. Thats just my opinion

A question on the M1A2 your adding, will it have the loader position, or at least a 4th passenger position to operate the loaders MG? Or is that going to be a weapon if the gunner turns out?

A question on the M1A2 your adding, will it have the loader position, or at least a 4th passenger position to operate the loaders MG? Or is that going to be a weapon if the gunner turns out?

At the moment it has a Loader and I have allowed him to turn in. I have set it up so that he will see the commander's optics. However doing this will put the range and elevation UI when you ADS of the Loader's M240. I am currently trying to add the TWS_MG to it so that this will not be an issue. However I have not done any weapon modding and I am a tad confused.

At the moment it has a Loader and I have allowed him to turn in. I have set it up so that he will see the commander's optics. However doing this will put the range and elevation UI when you ADS of the Loader's M240. I am currently trying to add the TWS_MG to it so that this will not be an issue. However I have not done any weapon modding and I am a tad confused.

He will see the commanders optics as in he will see exactly what the commander sees, and rotate with his view? Neat.

I take it the commanders independent viewer is inactive? I never played arma 2, so I don't know if someone had use of it then, as I know the Commander will look down the remote weapon, but if that thing worked and was easy to code in, it would be a neat sight to give him, to serve as another set of eyes for the tank rather then be slaved to look at what the commander is looking at.

He will see the commanders optics as in he will see exactly what the commander sees, and rotate with his view? Neat.

I take it the commanders independent viewer is inactive? I never played arma 2, so I don't know if someone had use of it then, as I know the Commander will look down the remote weapon, but if that thing worked and was easy to code in, it would be a neat sight to give him, to serve as another set of eyes for the tank rather then be slaved to look at what the commander is looking at.

I understand but I did what I did because

1. If the Loader was always turned out. Well stuff that.

2. If the Loader turned in he would be looking at nothing. Stuff that too.

3. So I gave him the commander's sight to look through so he would not get bored.

I understand but I did what I did because

1. If the Loader was always turned out. Well stuff that.

2. If the Loader turned in he would be looking at nothing. Stuff that too.

3. So I gave him the commander's sight to look through so he would not get bored.

No No, I'm not saying it's a bad idea. It's a great idea.

I was more just thinking out loud/somewhat suggesting if there were other vision devices he could use on his own, however having now played the demo of arma 2 that has the A2 TUSK, I'm fairly certain the commanders independent viewer is just a prop anyways, so it doesn't matter.

Edit - For the bug you've listed on the main page, the thing you link to has you and someone talking about an issue with if you aim down the sight you can get a thermal view? For the loaders MG that shouldn't be a problem, as it's the TUSK variant, I'm fairly sure the loader has a thermal sight attached to the gun, so that wouldn't be an issue. As for the A1's M2, I got nothing.

Edited by Unit757

Hi Raid,

Nice work. I was wondering if you could possible to upscale the textures for the Abrams to 2k(2048*2048) at least from the default 1k(1024*1024) resolution? (A new paint job/textures would give the model new life.)

Comparison with ACE 2 Abrams Texture.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28653790/Arma/abrams%20tex%20comparison.jpg (661 kB)

Hi Raid,

Nice work. I was wondering if you could possible to upscale the textures for the Abrams to 2k(2048*2048) at least from the default 1k(1024*1024) resolution? (A new paint job/textures would give the model new life.)

Comparison with ACE 2 Abrams Texture.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28653790/Arma/abrams%20tex%20comparison.jpg (661 kB)

I would but I'm not exactly the best Texture Artist.

I would but I'm not exactly the best Texture Artist.

Yeah, doubling the texture size from 1024 to 2048 is quite a task to get right, you can do it just with the diffuse/co texture but having a low res normal/nohq behind it results in the same sort of low quality appearance. To get a decent result you have to start with an upgrade of the normal map, removing a lot of the crap deformations that are on BI's originals which to me make it look more like a piece of warped plastic than a solid piece of metal plate, the good thing is, the specular and others additional maps seem to be all right at the lower resolutions. I did this the the ADF ASLAV, took me about 12 hours solid to redo the normal map using the original as a template and complete the texture, im going to give it a go with the M1A1 starting right now, will see how it goes................ohhh it will be 4096 just to get some more detail.