Jump to content
warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

Recommended Posts

On 6/21/2019 at 5:14 PM, payne2010 said:

I don't know if this has been though of or if its even possible given arma's physics, but It would be cool for the Soar birds to have the option to carry a zodiac like this (go to 2:15 to see what im talking about)  

I couldn't find any pictures (probably looked up the wrong thing lol)

 

I've been working on a helocast/kangaroo-cast system (although I've been slacking recently due to work). 

 

 

Warlord: I'd just need classnames & vehicle-relative coordinates for the attachTo command to make my mod work with yours (if you're interested, that is).

 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My vacation starts today. Just saying.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@fat_lurch

Sounds easy enough. I'll provide those details when its finalized

 

@typhoontiger

Going great sir. I'm also super excited about mh47, prolly more so than hawks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh doorguns at the back of the MH47 😢

 

What's the deal with the minigun on the MH6? Doorgun for the copilot? Doorgun for the passenger?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jonstyle said:

Ooh doorguns at the back of the MH47 😢

 

What's the deal with the minigun on the MH6? Doorgun for the copilot? Doorgun for the passenger?  

 

I was wondering the same thing. It looks like the gun is meant for the person on the bench. I would bet the gun could be locked into a forward position, and fired by the pilot as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "door guns" are for the person on the bench.  Intent is to give MH6 teams very close in roof top suppression capability.  It is a 5.56 mini-mini-gun.  That is what the vendor told me.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, very minor request but something amazing that I noticed recently on the RHS UH-1Y - the Venom passenger seats are set up as "left/right 1, 2, 3 etc" which means that when you get into the bird and sit in a "left" seat you get out on the left side, which is nice to prevent the squad-size cluster**** you normally get when everyone tries to exit the bird, allows you to keep fireteams together etc.
Think you could look into that perhaps?  Like I said super-duper minor, but quality of life things are always nice. Keep up the great work! 🙂
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 8:34 PM, jaaxxxxon said:

Hmm, very minor request but something amazing that I noticed recently on the RHS UH-1Y - the Venom passenger seats are set up as "left/right 1, 2, 3 etc" which means that when you get into the bird and sit in a "left" seat you get out on the left side, which is nice to prevent the squad-size cluster**** you normally get when everyone tries to exit the bird, allows you to keep fireteams together etc.
Think you could look into that perhaps?  Like I said super-duper minor, but quality of life things are always nice. Keep up the great work! 🙂
 

 

an option for "Dismount Left" and "Dismount Right" would be very handy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things are hopefully close to release, don’t think we’ll be needing WIP photos right now. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldnt hold my breath for a release man, people said the same thing about the USAF mod a year ago.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PotionSeller said:

I wouldnt hold my breath for a release man, people said the same thing about the USAF mod a year ago.

That's true, same with the literally finished CH-46. Shame, I understand why people get upset, modding is something people do for free and for fun, I get that absolutely, but don't promise the community if you can't deliver. Oh well. I'm still hopeful for this mod, the guy is busy with kids and I'm in the same boat so I understand that struggle as well, but at least he's kept us up to date for the most part since the beginning. Thanks for everything Warlord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, typhoontiger said:

Shame, I understand why people get upset, modding is something people do for free and for fun,

then how can you get how some random people on the internet get upset for not receiving something that some other person is doing for his own personal enjoyment, for free, in his spare time? don't you find that contradictory?

 

Quote

I get that absolutely, but don't promise the community if you can't deliver.

promise the what? please...
the few people that are still modding for their own enjoyment, not someone else's. and you wonder why people do not pose anything in relation to release dates anymore...

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PuFu said:

then how can you get how some random people on the internet get upset for not receiving something that some other person is doing for his own personal enjoyment, for free, in his spare time? don't you find that contradictory?

 

promise the what? please...
the few people that are still modding for their own enjoyment, not someone else's. and you wonder why people do not pose anything in relation to release dates anymore...

 

You're a hero. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 10:40 PM, PuFu said:

and you wonder why people do not pose anything in relation to release dates anymore...

 

 

It was four weeks till Alpha like eight weeks ago 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Warlord is comfortable to release it he will do so.

If he is not he wont.

Dont hold them for release estimates they give.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, easyeb said:

 

It was four weeks till Alpha like eight weeks ago 😂

 

We've been waiting for five years. You can wait a while longer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 8:48 PM, easyeb said:

 

It was four weeks till Alpha like eight weeks ago 😂

yeah so? even if there is no release in the end, why would you care all that much?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PuFu said:

yeah so? even if there is no release in the end, why would you care all that much?

 

Look, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to step on any toes. I know you guys are real sensitive about this stuff and I should know better. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PuFu said:

yeah so? even if there is no release in the end, why would you care all that much?

Because it shows you can't take their word? I've never understood why people use that as a way to shut down argument. Obviously free mods are just a hobby for everyone but even still, if its not done or close to being done why say it is and get all of your supporters hopes up? Just makes everything else you say after that have less weight. And why are we faulting people for being rightfully disappointed? Just because its a hobby doesn't mean you get a pass for missing self imposed deadlines and getting people's hopes up. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LJH_1 said:

Because it shows you can't take their word? I've never understood why people use that as a way to shut down argument. Obviously free mods are just a hobby for everyone but even still, if its not done or close to being done why say it is and get all of your supporters hopes up? Just makes everything else you say after that have less weight. And why are we faulting people for being rightfully disappointed? Just because its a hobby doesn't mean you get a pass for missing self imposed deadlines and getting people's hopes up. 

 

"Rightfully disappointed" and "free mods" are the key terms here. You have no idea how many modders are driven away from the community by this kind of self-entitlement. Nobody is more disappointed to miss a release than the modders themselves. They don't set a deadline and miss it because they want to disappoint you. They dedicate inane amounts of their free time and effort to bring these mods to the community, free of charge, which used to mean that you are thankful for what is given to you. Then when they end up committing to a release, they're inevitably bombarded with ceaseless requests for new or modified content. It's a lose-lose scenario for so many of them, which is why harping on modders for a release date and requesting new content is frowned upon. Or at least it used to be.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gilatar said:

You have no idea how many modders are driven away from the community by this kind of self-entitlement.

First off, that's not self-entitlement. Being disappointed by a mod missing a release date for like the 3rd time after its been hyped up by the developer is not being self-entitled. I worded what I said very specifically and do not support people that just beg for mods to be released. Don't try to twist my words to suit your own arguments please.

 

5 minutes ago, Gilatar said:

Nobody is more disappointed to miss a release than the modders themselves. They don't set a deadline and miss it because they want to disappoint you.

I never said that they aren't disappointed by missing a release date. I am sure that they are when so much of their free time gets put into it. Why does that mean the supporters should be faulted for being disappointed as well?

 

8 minutes ago, Gilatar said:

They dedicate inane amounts of their free time and effort to bring these mods to the community, free of charge, which used to mean that you are thankful for what is given to you.

Again why does this mean supporters can't be disappointed by a mod missing a release date? Why should mod developers be entitled to everyone's praise even when they repeatedly fail to make deadlines they set? As I said before, just because its free doesn't mean you are a saint or that you are entitled to peoples praise. Just because you are making something for free doesn't mean people can't be disappointed when you miss a self imposed deadline. People have emotion and supporters get invested into projects as well and to get pissed at disappointed supporters after the developer messed up a deadline is just dumb.

 

14 minutes ago, Gilatar said:

Then when they end up committing to a release, they're inevitably bombarded with ceaseless requests for new or modified content.

How is this a bad thing? People see the quality work and effort that is put into a released project and they want to see their dream vehicle, gear, weapon, etc. done by that person since they believe it will have the same quality as the already released mod. Sure it might be annoying having to answer that all the time but to make it out to be a bad thing is just silly. Why would you not feel some sense of flattery that people respect your work enough that they want to see you do their dream mod?

 

17 minutes ago, Gilatar said:

It's a lose-lose scenario for so many of them, which is why harping on modders for a release date and requesting new content is frowned upon. Or at least it used to be.

I don't think anyone here is arguing that its good to harp on mod devs to release something. If you believe that was what my argument was about then you need to re-read what I said. I was very carful with my words and I do not think its good to push a mod developer to release something. My entire argument is that its stupid to argue that supporters of a project can't be disappointed by a missed release date just because something is free and that its stupid to argue that because a project is free the developer is entitled to praise even after messing up.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×