Sign in to follow this  
IanSky

Ghillie concept

So I'm currently exploring some concept work by an artist named Alex Jessup - His Blog

There are a few things that caught my eye, but one in particular is a helmet and Ghillie concept that I thought would suit the near-future Arma 3 setting.

Helmets.jpg

Recon+Team.jpg

How would you guys like this modelled and put into the game?

It'll be a while though as I plan to revive my scope mod and continue its development...

Let me know on your thoughts!

• Like 1

I have always loved this guys work, the stuff he comes up with looks amazing.

The things I'd like to see are the Ghillie, the Recon Helmet with Scrim around it and the neck, and all the main Helmet variants.

XC210+logo.jpg this baby would defenetly be cool to fly :D but Gillie suit is what we need diferent types of branches etc.. :D

variation D's NVGs actually exist today, rather than using a photo cathode, they are digital.

Paulson AD2V they are called.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bROgChgfnw

modelling something like the helmets would be complex, but it could be done well in mudbox and then imported into 3ds for optimization, and then into O2/RV4.

variation D's NVGs actually exist today, rather than using a photo cathode, they are digital.

Paulson AD2V they are called.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bROgChgfnw

modelling something like the helmets would be complex, but it could be done well in mudbox and then imported into 3ds for optimization, and then into O2/RV4.

I like to think that I'm fairly competent with subd modelling, a little booleon and cleanup should do the trick...

Cheers for the link, I'll check it out.

I think all these pics is how BIS should have done it to begin with!!

Here here!

This addition would be awesome, especially the operator helmets. Im digging 'em!

I think all these pics is how BIS should have done it to begin with!!

I bet: If BI would have taken those as a guide, there'd still be a huge amount of complainers shouting "hurr durr, arma is ruined, damn science fiction-stuff, hurr durr."

A suit which actually did merge with the environment you were lying in would be great. With a lower thermal profile too. Similar to how the sahrani RHS sniper was very hard to see on thermals.

I like weapons from it, also the armor soldiers are wearing is preatty nice.

there is also a pointman with bizarre carrier rig.213bf2613e8cd94931814143d5b72e51.jpgPlease put this in the game. All 3 of this images

I like this. Since modern USMC is less modernized than the US Army. there could be apoint between today and Arma 3 setting that USMC started to get the more modern gear before army does, and USMC becomes a more elite branch than it already is. In vanilla Arma 3 there is no USMC. you can introduce them using this mod. I will even pay to have this mod.

This addon has probably been abandoned a long time ago, but everytime I see this artwork I'm saddened by BIS not fully embracing future warfare. There was so much potential with power armor, advanced sensors and all sorts of crazy tech. Instead we got contemporary tech with a slightly futuristic skin. Well, atleast we got those NVGs with APEX I guess. 

• Like 3

IanSky, i hope you haven't abandoned this idea to make it a mod. This really is bizarre. i wish alex jessup would make concept art of vehicles too. like Mraps, tanks, APCs, IFVs, stationary artillery or mobile artillery, stationary and mobile AA, Jets, helicopters etc.

Closing - 

No spam or advertising:

Advertising of any commercial or personal project, product or service on these forums is not permitted. Chain letters and pyramid schemes are similarly prohibited. This includes the Personal Message service and clan recruitment outside of the Clan Recruitment forum. Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. Please do not post duplicate threads in more than one forum and do not "Bump" threads. Posting "any news", "is it out yet" or asking for a release date type posts are also spam.