SGT Fuller

United States Air Force

Do you like the Air Force mod  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Air Force mod

• Yes, I love it
    • It's meh
    • No I hate it

Hey Guys, Just attempted to download AFSOC units and Dropbox has suspended the download. Just thought you should know.

Dropbox has a download quota per month so somehow or some other if Sig [uSMC] allows it, can be uploaded somewhere else. Which is why I'm glad the people from PWS and Foxhound uploads my stuff, it eases that limit and so forth.

Also for an update did some tweaks to the guns as well, added some refinements so will get that to fullerpj ASAP for 0.3

I currently have it uploaded to my Google Drive, which has no bandwidth limitations. If FullerPJ or Sig gives the OK I will share the link until a more permanent home can be found.

Yes you can share the link as long as it has not been altered at all. I'll send you a pm when you can take it down

Here it is.

Removed due to Sig posting permanent link below.

Edited by RAIDER3
Removed Link

With this quality maybe there will be some good PJ units to come out of A3.

What are the chamces of us getting an F-35 from this mod?

Only one? Check a few pages before...

I am currently modifying the model of the f35 a,b, and c so it won't look like the x35. The f35c now works with the Nimitz(tailhook, etc). Fuller and I have been discussing about putting in the helmet tech feature from the real f35. These fighters will be released in v04 but its not guaranteed.

---------- Post added at 10:31 ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 ----------

Here is a video of the f35's helmet tech thingy lol

Get my plug today yay!!! I can get back to work. Expect v0.3 very soon

God cant you do a bit of research before asking...

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

Get my plug today yay!!! I can get back to work. Expect v0.3 very soon

Great news :D

With this quality maybe there will be some good PJ units to come out of A3.

http://www.flashbangsandgrenades.com/downloads/afsoc_v02/promo_pj01.jpg (325 kB)

http://www.flashbangsandgrenades.com/downloads/afsoc_v02/promo_jtac_dcu.jpg (287 kB)

http://www.flashbangsandgrenades.com/downloads/afsoc_v02/promo_cct01.jpg (748 kB)

Changelog:

- Added new class ACU (Based of research data when AFSOC airmen were integrated into US Special Forces Units in Afghanistan)

- Added ACU Uniform, Helmets, Vests, and Combat Pack

- Added TACP Vests in ACU/M81/OCP/OD/TAN/COYOTE

- Changed Font for Nameplates

- Added PARARESCUE Nametape to PJ

- Rebalanced weight and armor protection values based of real world data

- Updated Readme and PDF with new information

Standard Edition:

http://www.flashbangsandgrenades.com/downloads/afsoc_v02/AFSOC.zip

Taskforce Radio Arrowhead Edition:

http://www.flashbangsandgrenades.com/downloads/afsoc_v02/AFSOC_ALT.zip

the units looking good you gone do just the weapons you posed the other day or you gone do more ?

Thanks for the update, Sig! These units are amazing! I have several bits of feedback for you. Firstly, these units aren't configured for Zeus. Secondly, there are no groups configured for these units. I realize these guys embed with others units but could you add a AFSOC group or two? Finally, for the regular vests with US flags on them, they are fabric patches instead of IR flag patches. Any chance you can retexture them to IR flags or add IR flag variants? Every picture I see of AFSOC guys, they have IR flags on their vests and no fabric flags, and on top of that, you did an awesome job with the IR flags on the uniforms. These are just my little nitpicks about the units, regardless of them the mod is still amazing. I can't wait to use them with the HH-60 Pavehawk and all the other .3 goodies!

the units looking good you gone do just the weapons you posed the other day or you gone do more ?

There is a ton of work left to do on these guys including the weapons pack they should make the next release hopefully.

Thanks for the update, Sig! These units are amazing! I have several bits of feedback for you. Firstly, these units aren't configured for Zeus. Secondly, there are no groups configured for these units. I realize these guys embed with others units but could you add a AFSOC group or two? Finally, for the regular vests with US flags on them, they are fabric patches instead of IR flag patches. Any chance you can retexture them to IR flags or add IR flag variants? Every picture I see of AFSOC guys, they have IR flags on their vests and no fabric flags, and on top of that, you did an awesome job with the IR flags on the uniforms. These are just my little nitpicks about the units, regardless of them the mod is still amazing. I can't wait to use them with the HH-60 Pavehawk and all the other .3 goodies!

Thanks for the feedback, all are on my list to do and will be applied to the next USAF Mod release.

New mod v0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@afsoc_alt.png

New mod v0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@afsoc.png

@ Shockley;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

This is so awesome! I've been waiting for TACP units for a long time! Time to "9-line" T100s out!!!

excellent quality, thank you very much fullerpj and all the others involved! That must have been tons of work so far!

I saw you added hiddenselections to the C130 cargo/transport.

Since I am not so sure about licenses I better ask for me and others who might like to retexture planes for missions:

Are we allowed to put other textures on it in missions which might run on dedicated servers (with setobjecttexture, mission file only)?

Incase we are - Would it be possible for you to put the new USAF Decals 'below' the hidden selection in some future update? I hope that's not inappropriate to ask.

Reason is because I'd love to use some of the textures I made for OA in A3 missions : )

some examples:

C130 CoastGuard

C130 Fat Albert sorry I know it's navy but I like it : )

C130 RedCross

Edited by Sabre_Dust

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

excellent quality, thank you very much fullerpj and all the others involved! That must have been tons of work so far!

I saw you added hiddenselections to the C130 cargo/transport.

Since I am not so sure about licenses I better ask for me and others who might like to retexture planes for missions:

Are we allowed to put other textures on it in missions which might run on dedicated servers (with setobjecttexture, mission file only)?

Incase we are - Would it be possible for you to put the new USAF Decals 'below' the hidden selection in some future update? I hope that's not inappropriate to ask.

Reason is because I'd love to use some of the textures I made for OA in A3 missions : )

some examples:

C130 CoastGuard

C130 Fat Albert sorry I know it's navy but I like it : )

C130 RedCross

I believe he did mention that if the aircraft was in the USAF he wouldnt mind about textures from others like navy, marines or army. I believe we get a marines CV-22 as well

Hey I wrote you a PM a month or so ago about fixing the geometry LOD for the wheels on the C-130. They are not round enough for ArmA3, a common problem with aircraft models imported from ArmA2. That is why there is so much friction on the ground and sometimes they get so damaged you cannot raise them. In my PM I had offered to do all of the work for you. I am curious as to why there is no reply and if otherwise you are willing to take my advice onboard and do it yourself. The C-130 will never function or take off from a rough or shorter runway as it should without wheels with more sides.