SGT Fuller

United States Air Force

Do you like the Air Force mod  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Air Force mod

• Yes, I love it
    • It's meh
    • No I hate it

Hey I wrote you a PM a month or so ago about fixing the geometry LOD for the wheels on the C-130. They are not round enough for ArmA3, a common problem with aircraft models imported from ArmA2. That is why there is so much friction on the ground and sometimes they get so damaged you cannot raise them. In my PM I had offered to do all of the work for you. I am curious as to why there is no reply and if otherwise you are willing to take my advice onboard and do it yourself. The C-130 will never function or take off from a rough or shorter runway as it should without wheels with more sides.

We took what you said into consideration just because I don't respond doesn't mean that I am very busy lately and so are the other devs. Thank you. As for other skins for the c130 the official USAF skin will be the primary and that will not change as it is for this mod. Now with saying that I have no issues with others editing the c130 only for there missions on there dedicated serves. it is not to be released in any shape form or fashion. Now if you submit your textures to us then we will add it to the service menu and everyone can use it.

At this time Im going to say this. I am currently going to school full time and working full time. I am still unpacking my belongs for my new apartment. My kids start school also and I am tending to all of this first. Me and the other devs are in agreement that we will always take care of business before this mod. If you cannot afford to wait then by all means pick up the stuff and get started modding. I am not trying to make hate towards myself or the other devs but for the past two weeks I have gotten PMs asking where the hell is v0.3 and other things. One member who I wont name went as far as to curse me out demanding the the update link. THERE is no update link for v0.3. I promise you you will see it first here. Sunday and Monday are my off days and I will do my best to release it on one of those two days. DO NOT MESSAGE me nor my team about updates and chastising us saying we're not working fast enough. Ok I'm done with my rant

Please be patient we will get it to you in a timely manner.

A message to all: The mod makers are not required to make the mod for us. They can put out an unfinished project and ditch the whole thing after that. That would be their decision, and there is nothing you can say or do about it. They are using their free time to make something for people they will never see or meet. They are taking the time that you use play a game with your friends to construct something so you can play a game with your friends with another cool plane and some neat soldiers to go with it. The time they spend searching their messages for anything of use from anyone and deleting the messages of complaining leeches is time you take away from them releasing your precious addiction hit. They have already worked on this mod and added plenty of work into this mod. They could stop and call it a mod right now without have to slap any nice service menus and never bother to do any bug fixing or anything. They can spend time with their families, or they can work on the mod. If tomorrow(or now, or whenever) Fuller said this mod wasn't worth his time, I would be a incredibly disappointed at what we are losing, but by God, I would understand where they might be coming from and I would sit back and wait for someone else out there to come and deliver a similar project that has chunks of what I desire in it. This mod is currently what I come on the forums for, and everyday I sigh when there is no update, but I don't moan about how they should have it out already. I am actually more relaxed because of the fact that we have seen screen shots and are getting contact from multiple members of the team. It shows progress is being made. Fuller even gave us a date before his problems came up, which should tell you that the project is so close to your hands that on his schedule, it would have been ready by then. So stop panicking because it isn't out yet. You will get your mod and will be all the happier for it when it does come out. For now, support the team and send them reference videos (which I am sure they have plenty of.) and maybe make some skins to submit when the time comes. /Rant over

TL: DR PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

But yea this is me to be honest: http://memecrunch.com/meme/2PX7W/intensity-intensifies/image.jpg?w=400&c=1

Edited by Dragonblade117

Wow! I'm astonished. :eek:

I don't understand anything.

Do people understand that mods are made as a hobby, and that people put lot's of hours of their personal/free time just for fun.

Well, in fact, even if we were talking about professional developers there is no logic in that kind of harassment through PMs, etc. Besides that is counterproductive ( harassing them is only make them send everything to hell, after all they have no obligations with you ).

I'm personally impatient as hell, but my solution for long waitings is to do things to make the wait "shorter": learn Languages, play other games, go for walks, spend time with my wife, etc.

What Dragonblade said: Patience is a virtue

Fuller, I hope I can talk for the majority of your mod fans: I/we hope you can get everything straight home and then if you can and want, you can work with the mod.

Thanks to all that understand. The mod will continue I promise you that. I always talk with the team and say man I can't wait to see some YouTube videos of our babies In action in some fashion Ya know. We also have plans for other mods army, navy, marines..it is the bases of why randomslap made the 3 versions of the F35. While we will deliver them in this pack they will eventually be removed and put on the mod It belongs to. We have all these great plans but as dragon and ronin said we got loved ones and such..hell dez takes honors courses..super smart. me Peral and sig are married with kids and slap bout to graduate. So we gotta remain focus on our dreams first, but thanks to all that support us and truly understand. Everyone else go kick rocks or suck a lemon or something to occupy yourself

Are you planning to change the Geo lod on the C-130 to be more rounded?

Already did that....

Hi fullerpj, thanks for the quick reply!

... Now if you submit your textures to us then we will add it to the service menu and everyone can use it. ..

Awesome, I will polish them up a bit more and send you a dl link with the textures sometime in the near future.

Awesome, I will polish them up a bit more and send you a dl link with the textures sometime in the near future.

These are great news! I really like the textures you showed, and would make a nice addition to this already outstanding mod.

Hey Fullerpj, when you eventually do that U.S. Army mod, you should put in an OH58 Kiowa :) I think that would pretty cool... Not to mention using the service menu, it could really be used effectively with different weapons systems put on it. I keep getting notifications and hoping its you guys pushing out the new version lol :) Keep up the awesome work on this mod! I have no doubt its only going to get better with every release.

You better release the update soon, Ive waited long enough!! JK. You could take it as a twisted compliment that people are harassing you to get it out because its so good.

If I may offer a suggestion to the people complaining about the wait- direct that anger at BI. They are responsible for screwing up all the mods so you could run in slow motion, sway like a drunken sailor caught in a hurricane at sea when trying to shoot and be overcome with exhaustion by jogging for 15 seconds.

Thanks to all that understand. The mod will continue I promise you that. I always talk with the team and say man I can't wait to see some YouTube videos of our babies In action in some fashion Ya know. We also have plans for other mods army, navy, marines..it is the bases of why randomslap made the 3 versions of the F35. While we will deliver them in this pack they will eventually be removed and put on the mod It belongs to. We have all these great plans but as dragon and ronin said we got loved ones and such..hell dez takes honors courses..super smart. me Peral and sig are married with kids and slap bout to graduate. So we gotta remain focus on our dreams first, but thanks to all that support us and truly understand. Everyone else go kick rocks or suck a lemon or something to occupy yourself

Isn't that too much? USAF its so far a WIP addon for realistic aircrafts, and if what you say its real even to this day then the development will be slow, making plans for even bigger things on the future can screw the moral if the development is stuck.

Its easier to make an addon when you just think you are gonna make an aircraft than when you know you are basically gonna make gbs and gbs of addons.

Isn't that too much? USAF its so far a WIP addon for realistic aircrafts, and if what you say its real even to this day then the development will be slow, making plans for even bigger things on the future can screw the moral if the development is stuck.

Its easier to make an addon when you just think you are gonna make an aircraft than when you know you are basically gonna make gbs and gbs of addons.

I don't think its about making just another mod. Its more about a diffrent setting and pace. I can imagine that working on USAF aircraft all the time could get a little tiring after a while. They can always come back with a new mindset and fresh creativity, otherwise it becomes a meat grinder where everything is supposedly broken and need fixing, I've seen in happen to other mods before, its not pretty. Taking the focus of it for a while can be good. Its can be a more effective way of working in the long run.

I don't think its about making just another mod. Its more about a diffrent setting and pace. I can imagine that working on USAF aircraft all the time could get a little tiring after a while. They can always come back with a new mindset and fresh creativity, otherwise it becomes a meat grinder where everything is supposedly broken and need fixing, I've seen in happen to other mods before, its not pretty. Taking the focus of it for a while can be good. Its can be a more effective way of working in the long run.

I agree.

Sometimes doing something different when you get stuck, lose motivation etc. can be really helpful. We're all looking forward to the next release of USAF, but quality stuff takes time. Besides I like the way this group is coming up with new ideas for mods and/or just expanding the USAF mod.

Truthfully I'm probably as impatient as anyone in here, but I'd rather wait for a release with few, or no, errors to be complete, than having the mod team rush a release filled with errors.

Keep up the good work guys, I'm especially looking forward to the Pave Hawk :-)

I agree.

Sometimes doing something different when you get stuck, lose motivation etc. can be really helpful. We're all looking forward to the next release of USAF, but quality stuff takes time. Besides I like the way this group is coming up with new ideas for mods and/or just expanding the USAF mod.

Truthfully I'm probably as impatient as anyone in here, but I'd rather wait for a release with few, or no, errors to be complete, than having the mod team rush a release filled with errors.

Keep up the good work guys, I'm especially looking forward to the Pave Hawk :-)

Amen brother, it was the main driving force behind coming up with the AFSOC units. Retexturing these aircraft has become a little monotonous over the last couple of months, so during Fuller's downtime and pending the next release we gave you guys a little something to say thanks for supporting us.

Hey guys. Has PWS caught up to @USAF 0.3?

I think that people at PWS are waiting until it's released.

I think that people at PWS are waiting until it's released.

:rofl:

Hey guys. Has PWS caught up to @USAF 0.3?

I think you should wait too... Seriously if you wouldve read the couple previous pages you wouldve known we just discussed about this. The authors are busy with real life stuff and are tired of people asking for updates. Plus theres a PWS link above your post...

Wait, aren't we waiting for the 0.4?

Not really, they were supposed to move to 0.4 after releasing 0.3, which didn't happened because Real Life issues happened so 0.3/or 0.4 will be released.... when it's released.

Ok guys i am all settled into my apartment. I will resume work tommorow after my class at 1050 Hrs. I will have 0.3 out as soon as i can. Thanks for staying interested

Well as long as the V-22 is better than hotshitmike's I'll be happy...