Sign in to follow this  
zeealex

Female heads Mod (yes, another one)

that actually reminds me, if it does go open source can me and my partner try to incorperate it into our USMC mod

heres 2 reasons

-Campaign reasons with a female news reporter

-Female soldiers

of course you can use them, i'd love to see your USMC mod complete with them in.

all of my mods, present and future, unless stated otherwise, will be free to use and tweak, no permissions just credits where they are due ;)

UPDATE moved this down a post :) :

Female soldier base model is in the works:

fem_soldier_base_zps38aab75c.jpg

need to tone down the breasts a bit, but that's easily done in 3ds.

yea i can see what you mean there, even my ex didnt have that big of a set

haha! yeah, they didn't look so bad then it was ported and they were huge! XD mind you the backround doesn't help

Some references with Combat gear for you...

thank you! :D

Jacob is correct. You just need to adhere to BIS ToS regarding forward porting of A1/A2 assets. Must stay within a newer game, not back to an older game, and must be freely distributable - no way to profit from it.

AFAIK, all those DayZ mods are using Dr Annie from British Armed Forces DLC model for the female PMC so you can at least use the mesh, heads and modify the clothings to fit Arma 3 universe. Then modify the face to have a few varieties.

Edited by Valken

in that case.

a quick mockup of a female PMC uniform. uses the PMC headgear(will be replaced with the A3 rangemaster cap), baker hoody and trousers from a model from the internet

Render_fem_1_full_zpsd6a08f1f.jpg

head is in there as a placeholder.

gonna collapse the meshes together, edit the UVs accordingly and then rig it in O2 and import it. should be done tonight if all goes well.

Awesome...finally....women in the game

It was getting creepy pulling patrols through male infested cities....

Who would think I would miss that strange jogging chick from Arma 2.....lol

looks nice, i would say maybe a little more skinny because she looks a little thick on the front side

yeah, she does actually, thanks! :)

I'll modify that in O2 once i know it works, hate to get really far with the remodel and then find out it doesn't work.

looks nice, i would say maybe a little more skinny because she looks a little thick on the front side

A large coat and somewhat baggy pants will do that.

Looking great, I do hope you go with more of a PMC type model rather than something with a big..bust, from a combat perspective it just makes no sense.

imagine running a marathon in a normal bra and having them bouncing around, it would be rather painful. Ulimately though you are the author so we'll respect your work

and not interfere unless you ask for suggestions.

Now if perhaps you would be going for a civilian version vs a military or athletic then that makes sense.

True, True. But IRL women do not take combat infantry roles until recently. At least in the US. They mainly take pilot and airforce roles where they don't really have to wear a plate carrier all the time, hence why their breasts might actually be fuller.

Except that female pilots in the military still have to wear vests (same as males) with all kinds of equipment inside for personal storage and in case of emergency,

and lets not forget that even rotory pilots have to deal with G-forces.

http://albertadiel.edublogs.org/files/2011/11/uscaptelizabethmcnamara-2i9sipo.jpg

http://www.ourupstatesc.info/myimages/memorial_1.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/80/Ulrike_Flender.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=furaffinity&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=rDdYU5f6GIbO8wGk_YHwAw&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=934#q=female+military+pilot&tbm=isch

The fact that you guys are talking about breasts and hips (and strip clubs? seriously guys?) basically sums up why 90% of us don't want female models in the game.

The topic in and of itself is not a problem, the problem comes from how one addresses it.

Saddly enough I've seen more mature discussions in forums wherein people are recreating from images of nude models to learn proportional modelling.

Far more than I ever have seen with this community dealing with clothed female models, especially on the tracker.

Edited by NodUnit

in that case.

a quick mockup of a female PMC uniform. uses the PMC headgear(will be replaced with the A3 rangemaster cap), baker hoody and trousers from a model from the internet

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee423/Zeealex/Render_fem_1_full_zpsd6a08f1f.jpg

head is in there as a placeholder.

gonna collapse the meshes together, edit the UVs accordingly and then rig it in O2 and import it. should be done tonight if all goes well.

Most awesome work! Just make some color variations of the hoody, variation of heads, make some configs to use shemags, caps and etc... like the Irregulars mod and ready to go! Great job!!!

Most awesome work! Just make some color variations of the hoody, variation of heads, make some configs to use shemags, caps and etc... like the Irregulars mod and ready to go! Great job!!!

thanks!

colour variations are already down my friend, hoping to do the hoody in default blue, black, tan, and OD, maybe some camos as well and so far the trousers have black, tan and green colors.

I imported the model to check how the animations looked, they worked, but the LODs and character heads and hands aren't configured properly, so there's quite a few big issues, namely how the model looks and the character just kind of sits there and swims... XD

model_test_1_by_zeealex-d7fpcu5.jpg

just booting up Maya, hopefully i'll be able to paint the weights a lot quicker in there, and I'll be able to properly configure LODs so I don't have to paint weights for every single one in O2.

it also doesn't help that the mesh isn't closed. that's been sorted now ;)

This is really exciting zeealex. I can't offer you anything other than my encouragement and thanks, and the promise that the moment you release some female civs they'll be incorporated into my various ambient civs mods so we can get A3 gender balanced again.

This is really exciting zeealex. I can't offer you anything other than my encouragement and thanks, and the promise that the moment you release some female civs they'll be incorporated into my various ambient civs mods so we can get A3 gender balanced again.

+1 that and i'd suggest making muslim ones too if TPW is gunna use that cause his mod has takistani civs as a option

you got it, i might forward port the muslim women from OA, they'll be really easy to set up and work with.

in other news. I can confirm, the PMC model is now working fine aside from misassigned textures and still no sign of any head. I'll fix the texture now and provide screenshots of the model at work! :) the head probably just needs adding to the model itself.

heck yea keep it up..we have female pilots in the air force also :) for the USAF asset mod

okay the model is now working to a good extent. the heads in, forgot to add the proxy.

the rigging is very basic, I did it in an hour or so, just to see if it worked okay with all LODs active, and it does, so i'll spend more time and effort on the rig tomorrow, but here's a little teaser screen.

test_2_working_rig_by_zeealex-d7fqg4n.jpg

i'll also be replacing those big man hands with a female variant at some point, for the PMC I'll probably add a pair of these:

Oakley%20Factory%20Pilot%20Gloves%20Foliage%2010113%2001.jpg

sweet

---------- Post added at 04:34 ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 ----------

i have a reccomendation for the mods name

ArmA III:Zee Femalez

Edited by AngelWingGamingJacob

Looks awesome so. If you find a female frog suit, you can then add camo for a variety of units! I would love to see Kryptek Female operators, or even some paramilitary (mixed civvie military) units.

It's awesome. Hope it will work out good. At least female civilians are a must have, imo.

the PMC model is now as good as I'm going to get it, there's some slight problems that can be ironed out later, mostly the textures need putting in properly, the right foot and proverbial "bingo wings" when prone, theses are just simple weighing issues that can easily be sorted and/or looked past, and the trousers clipping through the hoody (i had to move the legs up to resolve a skeletal issue.)

she's configured to use OFP_WomanSkeleton_Pivots.p3d, I can see slight differences in the way the animations look and the shoulders aren't broader than an aircraft carrier.

when armed, with no vest the body deforms a bit (the animation set presumes that if the user is armed then they will have a vest on) but if you're armed, you're likely to be wearing a vest anyway.

few more recent testing screenshots:

Unarmed run check:

run_animation_check__unarmed_by_zeealex-d7fswfi.jpg

(yes I cheated on the shadow. sorry about that)

unarmed walk check:

walk_check__unarmed_by_zeealex-d7fsx4c.jpg

unarmed crouch check:

unarmed_crouch_test_by_zeealex-d7fsxcw.jpg

(some slight leg weighting issues)

so she'd be okay as a civilian hiker definitely, maybe an aid worker or even a newswoman, and she'd work well as intended (PMC)

i have a reccomendation for the mods name

ArmA III:Zee Femalez

i like that name... i like it a lot! :)

Looks awesome so. If you find a female frog suit, you can then add camo for a variety of units! I would love to see Kryptek Female operators, or even some paramilitary (mixed civvie military) units.

I'll start looking for one ;) if not i've got a database of old models from 2001 that I can modify.

It's awesome. Hope it will work out good. At least female civilians are a must have, imo.

yep, definitely!

next up: a civvi model

This is pretty exciting. Even the A2 female models were almost useless since they didn't have all the config work done.

Words...

As usual NodUnit nails it. Even the bustiest of individuals tuck that stuff away when wearing a vest...any vest (except maybe a float coat). Honestly it's not the 13 year old giggle fest in real life when a chick shows up to do her job, unlike it can be here.

This is pretty exciting. Even the A2 female models were almost useless since they didn't have all the config work done.

As usual NodUnit nails it. Even the bustiest of individuals tuck that stuff away when wearing a vest...any vest (except maybe a float coat). Honestly it's not the 13 year old giggle fest in real life when a chick shows up to do her job, unlike it can be here.

yep, he nailed it alright, I genuinely wasn't expecting that original model to be so busty, though, it looked fine in the preview.

but yeah when it comes down to the female soldiers (and possibly pilots) themselves, I'll take into mind what NodUnit says, as it rings true. I want to add in and possible model practical female units that are as realistic as I can get them. I mean come on, Arma 3 is a simulator of sorts, the best i can do is provide my gender with some justice on that part there are probably a lot of female arma players who have served in the military, they know how it feels, and they know what they should be seeing. I think a lot of people would be offended if i were to add "sexualized" models to the game, and to be honest, that's not what I've set out to do.

for modelling's sake and for respect's sake, busty soldiers, no go.

civillians yeah fine, they come in all shapes and sizes, if i can get 'overweight' models to work they're going in too, because no person is the same. i might do some fat male civilian models as well, just to spice it up a little.

yep, he nailed it alright, I genuinely wasn't expecting that original model to be so busty, though, it looked fine in the preview.

but yeah when it comes down to the female soldiers (and possibly pilots) themselves, I'll take into mind what NodUnit says, as it rings true. I want to add in and possible model practical female units that are as realistic as I can get them. I mean come on, Arma 3 is a simulator of sorts, the best i can do is provide my gender with some justice on that part there are probably a lot of female arma players who have served in the military, they know how it feels, and they know what they should be seeing. I think a lot of people would be offended if i were to add "sexualized" models to the game, and to be honest, that's not what I've set out to do.

for modelling's sake and for respect's sake, busty soldiers, no go.

civillians yeah fine, they come in all shapes and sizes, if i can get 'overweight' models to work they're going in too, because no person is the same. i might do some fat male civilian models as well, just to spice it up a little.

ok that brings up an earlier comment by someone,

why do i have a feeling someone is gunna make a strip club or a campaign where your character is trying to get laid one mission

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

can you also try a screen to see what the press vest looks like on the model without a custom one

well i don't plan to add any strippers or naked models, so that's going to be pretty hard to replicate ;)

how do you mean, just get a screenshot of the PMC with a press vest on?

UPDATE:

just finalizing the import of the first Takistani female model, so far she's looking pretty good, just need to change the hands (unfortunately) it's either that or i remove the rig on the current hands so they don't move.