Sign in to follow this  
zeealex

Female heads Mod (yes, another one)

thanks dude, I can't wait until exams are over, I'll be able to put more time into getting this working and working well. if you mean it about donations, just donate what you can, I'm not going to complain either way ;) I'll PM you with the paypal account I share.

Just a little update: I relaxed the shoulders a little bit, and I've had to manually texture the model thanks to mudbox not liking Roadkill UVWs, not that that is an issue i love doing textures from scratch! :D the model's causing some slight problems on with the arms when animated, the polygon count is a little too high for me to accurately assign weights to in Object builder, so I'm going to use 3DS max instead and import the 3ds model with all of the selections assigned into Object Builder that way hopefully it'll work slightly better than doing it all in Object Builder, The update to 3DS max version 2015 has helped things run a little smoother as well.

all righty! proper update with pretty pictures time!

the most part of the female body is implemented and in a working state using mockup textures, the shoulders look a little funny but they'll be fixed (hopefully) within the hour, I'm going to change the legs, the location of the pockets and the leg size is not ideal, too small in diameter, so I'll update the current mudbox model, thankfully the.p3d file is modular, so it makes it easier to modify select areas.

femal3_full_body_model_working_by_zeealex-d7jfa3c.jpg

femal3_full_body_model__vest_clipping_test_by_zeealex-d7jfcja.jpg

femal3_full_body_model_working_2_by_zeealex-d7jfazp.jpg(clipping on shirt will be fixed)

the model was made specifically for the female heads, while male heads do work, they don't work very well, clipping occurs etc etc.

Mostly compatible with the default A3 vests, only the shoulders clip, hopefully that's an easy fix.

textures are going to be updated, grunged up and normal mapped properly over the weekend as well.

thankfully the shoulders don't look too broad ingame.

Looking great! The only suggesting I would make is to shorten the female a tad. I know there are tall girls out there but most are not 6' and up, regular forces or special operations.

Can you post a front shot side by side with a male soldier with vest on?

I'll get the front shot for you now... sorry i have a tendency to get side on shots xD

I'll try shortening her, I'm not sure if the skeleton or the proxies would respond well, but it's worth a shot i'll report back with the result

I would advise against that because not only do you get into the possibility of skeletal and animation problems (some parts akwardly stretching, not sitting in vehicles correctly, etc.)

It would also require hit points to be relocated and that could cause even further problems.

I would advise against that because not only do you get into the possibility of skeletal and animation problems (some parts akwardly stretching, not sitting in vehicles correctly, etc.)

It would also require hit points to be relocated and that could cause even further problems.

precisely my fears ;)

In that case, forget it. Its just weird to see all the troops the same size. :P

Then again, this is 2035 so the Universal Soldier Program may be more consistent that Van Damm and Ludgren lead us to believe. :D

I think we can hang with having 6'0" tall Valkyrie ass kickers just fine. Keep up the good work! Making awesome progress!

tall girls do in fact exist as everyone knows, albeit rare, but there are girls taller than guys or same hight

So even not only the heads? Wow. Finally! Most welcome initiative. Good luck! :)

danke freund! :)

i'll admit it's taking longer than i thought to get these body models right, I'm moving onto version 6 of the bodies, version 4 (the one pictured earlier) was out of proportion and doesn't look great. Version 5, while it looks good thanks to a better structure and working normal maps, the polygon count is too high which can cause slow loading/poor performance, its UV co-ordinates arent great and its more prone to graphical errors.

So what I'm going to do, is work on these heads, primarily, as the heads are foolproof, and are easier to implement.

once the heads are finished, I will release them as a standalone mod.

This will be the first (BETA 1) version

Then further work begins, with two body models being created, using edge loop and box subdivision modelling techniques then being processed into normal map detail with mudbox. this should hopefully allow more control of joint location and polygon count as they will be modelled around the Arma 3 example model.

the models will be textured with multicam, AAF camo, and CSAT camo.

these models will also include new hands both bare and gloved.

this will be the second (BETA 2) version.

Then civilian clothing will be modelled, this will include the original PMC, remodelled to a higher quality.

this will be the third (BETA 3) version.

The mod will then be compiled into either a single PBO file or 3 depending on how big the mod ends up, there will be coloured and wrinkled reference uniform templates included to allow for easier custom texture assignments for those wishing to do camo mods.

This will be the first Release Version, further development will continue.

Zeealex this is fantastic news. I reckon I'm looking forward to this release more than any other mod or even DLC. Speaking of which, make sure you put a Paypal donation button when you do release because your mod will be just as worthy of $ support as any DLC.

Now stop reading this and get programming! :)

Awesome news! Yeah, I'd be so down to drop some mulla into your paypal for donation. My usual Arma Crew would be super excited to use this! (We have a few ladies who play and would love to sport this).

I would play as a girl. Just make sure the model is hot and I'll get free stuff.

So so you have any plans for Persian, Greek, black, and Asian heads as well?

Zeealex this is fantastic news. I reckon I'm looking forward to this release more than any other mod or even DLC. Speaking of which, make sure you put a Paypal donation button when you do release because your mod will be just as worthy of $ support as any DLC.

Now stop reading this and get programming! :)

woah! really? great news to hear! I'm glad you're looking forward to it! :D I will get down to it immediately sir! *salutes*

Awesome news! Yeah, I'd be so down to drop some mulla into your paypal for donation. My usual Arma Crew would be super excited to use this! (We have a few ladies who play and would love to sport this).

yeah? awesome! when it's all done I'll drop a link to the paypal account I use so people can donate, donations would be awesome, it would help get some more RAM to make any future arma 3 modelling workflow a little quicker, I plan to stick around if this proves successful.

if that's aimed at the comment above you, my thoughts exactly... :P

So so you have any plans for Persian, Greek, black, and Asian heads as well?

of course! there are currently 10 planned head variations, with headgear friendly variants totaling at 20 selectable head options

stands at 2x European/American Caucasian, 2x East Asian, 2x Persian, 2x Sub Saharan, 2x Greek.

as the mod progresses, more heads will be added, and more variety of shapes sizes and colors will be available. you could expect a total headcount (including helmet friendly ones) of around 32.

I also have plans to model a Hijab as usable headgear.

This project looks awesome! I'm also looking forward to some cool female characters, it's just a must have in this game. Keep up the good work!

I don't think there was ever a military FPS with a female protagonist. :) I think I'll try my hand at making some custom missions with this mod. Though my idea for a storyline involved a female Marine, so I might have to wait for some MARPAT cammies for her. ArmA 3 could use more Marines, TBH. Sometimes, Army just isn't badass enough. :)

@Dragon01: Exactly my idea! Female CSAT officer fighting her way up in a male-dominated military world! :)

I don't think there was ever a military FPS with a female protagonist. :) I think I'll try my hand at making some custom missions with this mod. Though my idea for a storyline involved a female Marine, so I might have to wait for some MARPAT cammies for her. ArmA 3 could use more Marines, TBH. Sometimes, Army just isn't badass enough. :)

my marine mod is planning to be compatible with this

I had an idea for a game design, similar to yours actually dragon01 in terms of the central character. the design is an rpg fps hybrid involving a former female marine, currently writing out the narrative in my free time. I hope to develop it into a game eventually, i've got some experience with unreal 4 so it should be a reality.

so this is your first look at the first sub saharan addition, pretty much successfully implemented, needs a few position and texture tweaks, but that'll take no more than 10 minutes to resolve.

so without further ado!

femal3__smith_showcase_by_zeealex-d7kss6l.jpg

unfortunately the heads wont do much other than blink, I plan to get a full rig in and working in the final version.

following on from those tweaks, I'll be adding the first east Asian head.

oh, and it's also confirmed that there will be a "girls just wanna have fun" music video. one of my friends wants to do it XD

Edited by zeealex

oh, and it's also confirmed that there will be a "girls just wanna have fun" music video. one of my friends wants to do it XD

I do want and support this. ;)