Sign in to follow this  
randomslap

Boeing C-17 ArmA 3 Mod

Nice work, a modern cargo plane in A3 was a much needed addition.

The only issue I can think about is that the plane still uses the old collision lights. A couple months ago BIS introduced new marker lights which are more vibrant and visible even from very large distances.

I can't find any documentation about those but the US helicopters mod (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173822-ArmA-2-US-Helicopters-Import-to-A3) uses them and they look great.

In 1st person cockpit view you can see the back seats floating in front of the plane:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/598157676149087743/E72825875D6554C05492BD72BE8A7E70E4FE0F63/ (280 kB)

It is also very difficult for the AI to take off from the Almyra salt lake because the plane is bumping around like crazy. Even as player it is still very difficult.

Yes I can thank you for the feedback!

I'd probably suggest using the standard C-130 handling from A2 and trying to export that to A3. I think it's not just the C-17 but the C-130 and Yak airliner that have been imported lack the intentional, sluggish movement that make it a transport aircraft rather than feeling like a big fighter jet.

A small issue I am having, I like to use MCC sandbox and when I use it to put a C-17 in game it will crash my whole game. It is not a big issue because if I use the 2d editor it works great. So I just wanted to let you know that there may be a compatibility issue, or it may just be too big for the editor.

Great work on the mod, works flawlessly despite the personal MCC problem. Keep up the great work :)

Great Job. Anybody got any hints on how to spawn in the vehicle standing up so you open the cargo door and do a HALO jump?

A small issue I am having, I like to use MCC sandbox and when I use it to put a C-17 in game it will crash my whole game. It is not a big issue because if I use the 2d editor it works great. So I just wanted to let you know that there may be a compatibility issue, or it may just be too big for the editor.

Great work on the mod, works flawlessly despite the personal MCC problem. Keep up the great work :)

1.VVS also was crashing when spawning these... I wanted to see what each skin looked like

2. looks as if the cargo seats are in the wall thus you are sitting on air

3. i would agree with handling.

4. i am able to no clip through some walls of the aircraft.

overall this is a great release!!! hopefully my clan will put this into our missions

1.VVS also was crashing when spawning these... I wanted to see what each skin looked like

2. looks as if the cargo seats are in the wall thus you are sitting on air

3. i would agree with handling.

4. i am able to no clip through some walls of the aircraft.

overall this is a great release!!! hopefully my clan will put this into our missions

I appreciate your feedback. I will be making the bisigns and the bikeys hopefully next week. I am currently fixing the loading cargo issue. Many thanks to everyone who is giving me feedback.

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Plans on updating the mod.

Fixing bugs in this order:

1. Fix the vehicles in cargo issue.

2. Fix the glossiness on the plane

3. bisigns and bikeys for servers and fix the "include file wop_gui\data\scripts\dikcodes.h not found"

4. Fix the no clip issue and the performance of the plane.

5. Get rid of the floating seats in co-pilot view.

6. Correct the flare patterns.

7. Fix floating Cargo seats.

As of 20th of March, these are the unofficial order that I will be fixing the C-17 in. There is no guarantee that the mod will be fixed in this order.

Did you play in dedicated server? have you ever seen this error

got this error

include file wop_gui\data\scripts\dikcodes.h not found

in dedicated server

I tested it yesterday and love it. Aside from some of the bugs which i dont really care too much about at the moment, I would say making it feel far more heavy is important. It just turns on a dime.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@c17a3.png

@ randomslap & desktop;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

am i geting a diferent version somehow ? i had to unpack it and change the pilots name and the faction name to arma 3 ones to stop errors form this plane (polit class was still from A2 as was the faction class) damn i realy seam to be geting old i downloaded the A2 version and A3 version but copied the A3v to A2 and the A2v to A3 :p

Edited by supergruntsb78
getting old and senile i think

Great release, I played around with the one from Arma 2 that was just recently re-released last week. Glad to see the port as I am moving primarily to Arma 3 now that the game has more standard air and ground vehicles since the new Win campaign release.

Great work, I'm sure that you and others here will iron out the bugs.

As someone who has lived on McGuire, it looks almost exact to what it did a few years ago! Very well made, man.

Seems like it only crash when it spawned in mcc 3deditor or VVS i hope this inform make you a bit help

And it so vulnerable that can't hard land

Edited by kgino1045

Seems like it only crash when it spawned in mcc 3deditor or VVS i hope this inform make you a bit help
Got it. I won't be able to fix this anytime soon because I have a lot of other issues to fix. Thank you for the feedback.

I believe the cargo issue is being caused by Nvidia PhysX. Apparently the vehicles from All in ArmA can be loaded but the ArmA 3 vehicles do not work. I am currently trying to integrated the IgiLoad Script in order to create a work around.

And it so vulnerable that can't hard land

another report, it seems like same issue as c-130j

The gear dosen't work in sometimes, also when i flap down from engine off and i turn the engine on, the flap automatically up and can't flap down unless i select useraction rather then push hotkeys.

another report, it seems like same issue as c-130j

The gear dosen't work in sometimes, also when i flap down from engine off and i turn the engine on, the flap automatically up and can't flap down unless i select useraction rather then push hotkeys.

I have fixed the gear issue by tweaking the steering sensitivity. I will release a new update sometime this week.

Attention: if anyone figures out how to use the IgiLoad on the C-17, please let me know and credit will be given to you.

I have fixed the gear issue by tweaking the steering sensitivity. I will release a new update sometime this week.

Attention: if anyone figures out how to use the IgiLoad on the C-17, please let me know and credit will be given to you.

The author of that script already included your C-17 in his script, his update is inbound.

up date is out for that

only thing is i cant get anything big in to the c17

ammo box works atv is ok i did cat one mrap in there but it was stickging out of the back

and so far really nice addon

Edited by ICE_AGE0815