.kju

All in Arma Standalone (AiA SA) - A1/A2/OA content in A3

i wanted to download it but i'm confused atm.

1.)Non of the vehicles are working now because of PhysX and other little problems?.

2.)Arma Unifmorms and Weapons didn't work or didn't work well, arma 2 duplicates of guns and gun no optimization and customization?

3.)CUP tries to fix these problems with the help of the community (making reskins and porting over guns and vehicles)?

i'm sorry but i had lost the thread of the conversation... :(

Looks alright. Sorry to say but I have no other ideas and deeper insights.

I believe only BI can fix it as explained in the above ticket.

Alright thanks anyways. One last thing though, I want to try these solutions,

Two solutions I can see:

1) Set access=4 in core configs

2) Remove all non A3 recoil definitions from a3\weapons_f\config.cpp/cfgRecoils and make sure A3 weapons have new/unique names (_F tagged).

But I'm not sure how to 'set access' or find the core config, and for the second one I don't know how to access the weapons_f file, any help?

any mirrors yet or is this still torrent only? i'd love to play with this but am (still) heavily firewalled

@ DGrab

Well this means you need to modify BI A3 Pbos.

The first one is in A3\dta\bin.pbo and the other in A3\addons\weapons_f.pbo.

You need a pbo extraction and packing tool like eliteness.

@ k0rd

Still torrent only.

Thank you so much for this miracle. Noticed that when you switch maps in the editor game crashes. Is it possible to remove only maps leaving weapons and equipment? What files to be deleted?

@ Sammael

Please submit the crashes in the A3 feedback tracker from BI.

Thank you so much for this miracle. Noticed that when you switch maps in the editor game crashes. Is it possible to remove only maps leaving weapons and equipment? What files to be deleted?

.kju,

this is something I have been getting a lot with the SA version. I never got this problem with the non-standalone AiA. but yeah, Ill submit the report to BI.

Incidentally, how's it going with reload animations? :)

Can the standalone AiA be used to bring Take on Helicopters content to Arma? As far as I understand, the old non-standalone could. But there are no mentions of TKOH in the description of standalone. So what?

@ Stelok93. No. You must use the previous AllinArma mod to bring Take On Helicopters into the game. I wish it can and even if it could, BIS still needs to unlock the models in AllinArma for full fidelity. Same for the ToH Hind DLC.

@ GvsE

With crashes modders often can't do anything.

At times one can find the source by endless trial and error testing, yet basically its a waste of time as we have no tools at all to narrow it down.

@ Strelok93

TKOH support will come eventually to AiA SA, yet currently it has low prio.

The reasons are some of what Valken mentions: No FM, no DLC support, no way to upgrade to the content.

The only real use are the terrains and the helicopter models with the standard FM right now.

However the problem is loading TKOH would involve also a complex modline again..

@ Valken

@ .kju

That's a pity. BTW i managed to load seatle with AiA SA, but without half of the buildings. I'll wait for official support, I guess.

BTW, .kju you are doing a great job, thank you.

Ah yes forgot about that - BI also needs to activate the TKOH technology for large objects in A3..

Hi .kju - I noticed something weired with AIASA vs AIA with regards to ARMA user missions.

When I play the old ARMA Aliens mod mission on Sahari map:

With AIA SA, it works.

With AIA, and enabled the path to ARMA 1 in the bat file, I would get ERROR:

CANNOT LOAD WORLD 'ca\sara\sara.wrp'

If AIA, disable ARMA 1 path, but load CAA1, I would get error:

Addon 'caa1_c_cti_buildings' requires addon 'caa1_p_cti_buildings'

What is difference between the two? I still use AiA to be able to access ToH.

Can I play user made missions from Arma 2 with this on Arma 3? I uninstalled Arma 2 a while back and don't really want to install it again.

Yes you can.

Make sure you download the correct mods if any are required, but note some mods may not work. Such as those that use CBA2/CBAOA and etc... There are some compatibility issues but if you can ignore the error messages, you can play simple missions and mods.

Yes you can.

Make sure you download the correct mods if any are required, but note some mods may not work. Such as those that use CBA2/CBAOA and etc... There are some compatibility issues but if you can ignore the error messages, you can play simple missions and mods.

Cool well just tried it on one mission but the civ's heads were where their feet are. WTF?

Did the mission require "custom" armies or units? If so, there are issues in that you cannot mix A3 and A2 units on the same mission.

AIASA remaps all the DEFAULT BIS units to ARMA 3, but custom addon units are not mapped, so you must revert back to using the original ARMA 2 units.

You need to go into the X:\ArmA 3\@AllInArmaStandalone\addons\ folder and move the file "AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo" out of that folder (I made a BACKUP folder under addons), then you can load up custom units.

Give it some time as most Arma 2 units and mods are being ported natively to Arma 3. Then they can be "remapped" to the Arma 2 calls and used for Arma 2 missions.

I don't know why that mission crashes as I dont have time to try it.

But if you want to use user made A2 models, you just install it to the ARMA 3 folder like ARMA 2, then activate it inside the bat file under the "set _CUSTOM_MODS=xxx" line.

Replace XXX with the unit mod like set _CUSTOM_MODS=@sg_chechen to the Chechen unit mod. You can also add weapons and maps for missions with the semi-colon ;

for example: set _CUSTOM_MODS=@sg_chechen;@rh_aks

Just understand ARMA 3 scripting engine is different from ARMA 2 so some missions will output errors on the screen.

The only way to know which missions work fully, partially or not at all is to try it.

EDit - I just tried the mission in AllinArma (not the standalone version). Besides some CBA XEH script errors, it is working fine.

Edit 2 - I just tried it mission in AllinArmaStandAlone (I have both installed) and it works also withe same CBA XEN errors. I am using the ARMA 3 models for this mission since it does not use any custom units.

Here is my startup bat with JSRS sounds (both A2 and A3 versions since it would map sounds for respective weapons) and the AiASA HQ models (starts at @av_mods) in case you want to use it. Remember to MOVE the "AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo" file back into the ADDONS folder plus download all the custom A3 model replacements to use AIASA HQ models. Or just use play with six utility program to download all the models.

Note that set _CUSTOM_MODS line should be one continuous line. So fix it before you save the bat file.

rem

rem Adjust the path with your local path

rem

set _ARMA3_PATH=D:\ArmA 3

rem set _ARMA1_PATH=D:\ArmA

rem set _ARMA2_PATH=D:\ArmA 2

rem set _ARMA2OA_PATH=D:\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead

rem set _TKOH_PATH=D:\Take On Helicopters

rem

rem Define your additional modfolders

set _CUSTOM_MODS=@CBA_A3;@dfs_3rdperson;@jsrs;@jsrs2.1;@Blastcore-A3;@Blastcore-Anims;@Blastcore-Physics;@Blastcore-tracers;@GL5;@tmr;@tmr_jsrs;@a164_wipeout;@tpw_mods;@a3_daa;@av_mods;@ASDG_JR;@asdg_attachments;@fhq_accessories;@hlcmods;@kio_l85a2;@mas;@pomi_pmc;@rh_m4_a3;@rh_pistol_a3;@sud_russians;@ARC_EUGP;@arc_gerup;@kae_sz;@uk_pack;@STKR;@AllInArmaStandalone;@AllInArmaHighQualityPack

rem

rem Adjust your parameters

rem

set _DEFAULT_PARAMETERS=-nosplash -skipintro -cpucount=4

rem -nosplash -skipintro -world=empty -noFilePatching

set _DEVELOPMENT_PARAMTERS=

rem -window -showScriptErrors

set _PROFILE_PARAMETERS=

rem "-profiles=%_ARMA3_PATH%" "-name=UserName"

rem ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

rem

rem DONT MODIFY ANYTHING BELOW

rem

rem ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

cd /D "%_ARMA3_PATH%"

arma3.exe %_DEFAULT_PARAMETERS% %_DEVELOPMENT_PARAMTERS% %_PROFILE_PARAMETERS% "-mod=%_CUSTOM_MODS%;

exit

Edited by Valken