.kju

All in Arma Standalone (AiA SA) - A1/A2/OA content in A3

When I launch Escape From Chernarus i get a crash to desktop with the following message: include file ca\editor\data\scripts\dikcodes.h not found. I have@AllInArmaStandalone and @CBA_A3 as a startup parameter.

@ the chief

With the next IFA3 patch yep.

@ solarliving

Thanks for the report. Fixed in the next version. :)

i suppose there is no chance of getting a regular http or ftp link for those of us behind aggressive firewalls?

@ ithedog

Do you mean conflict?

If so, while I haven't tried it, it should not be recommended. If you use AiA SA, you no longer need A3MP.

@ k0rd

Play withSIX should work just fine even behind firewalls.

Anyone can put up a http/ftp mirror, however due to the size and expected traffic,

it would either work just for very few people or get expensive..

;2639139']@ Corporal_Lib[bR]

I recommend you to try the A1 campaign ports by SHJStudio instead:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171469-ArmA-Rearmed-2-Modifikation-v1-1

.Kju' date=' the ArmaRearmed v1.1 didn´t work with AiA SA, and this error poped up [url']http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=236272661[/url]

All a2 and A1 models are "headless", without skin texture (are as white as Prometheus´s Engeneers or white walkers (GoT)...) and the game CTDs after a few seconds =/

at least I can play it with A2, but as it seems, A1 missions are a no go for AiA SA!

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

;2639960']@ ithedog

Do you mean conflict?

If so, while I haven't tried it, it should not be recommended. If you use AiA SA, you no longer need A3MP.

yes, I did mean conflict. Thank you for answering my question. :)

@.kju - thanks, I didn't know that it was available with PWS - I'll check it out.

How will you release updates ? What will be their sizes ?

Because 18gb is quite intimidating, even if i understand that the content inside them is massive i don't want to redo the whole process often.

@ Corporal_Lib[bR]

I will look into the mod when I find the time.

Basically you are only to load the campaign/mission pbos and not the rest.

If the data is mixed in one pbo, ask the author to split it to multiple pbos.

@ k0rd

AiA SA is not yet available in PWS as explained, but it should be soon.

@ Drakenof

Patches will be available as torrent. Full pbos packed with 7z.

As said before someone else is free to provide a different mirror.

Kju, the mod is needed as they use project RACS units (which should be replaced by the AiA configs), weapons and vehicles to reproduce the A1 campaign (just like CWR2, quite professional work... played a little on A2 and I was jawdropped by their work...), maybe some addon could be deactivated (probably the one that messes with the head.config), as the missions loaded up, but the models where messed up (without skin texture and heads, and in the Royal Flush case, had Pomigit´s clothes and gear, but the body was an A2 model = alien spider bug) and then CTD.

I´ve once tried to load only the missions and campaigns (as the mod is 6 gb) with AiA SA, and it was a no go, and then - when I´ve finally dl the mod and added up to AiA SA - had these issues... both with and without the replaments addons.

Maybe it´s all down to one pesky addon or some config lines... take your time (I´ll be enjoying their work through A2, but it would be even betetr in A3 with AiA SA), but please don´t forget it as it is indeed a great addition to All in Arma concept! Thanks for the atention ;)

cheers!

@ Corporal_Lib[bR]

I see. Unfortunately they've chosen a bad approach. The use of replacement configs would have been the right one.

You could create a class mapping and mass replace the definitions back to A1 or A2 standard infantry/weapon/vehicle class names.

To port their configs to work with A3 is fairly complex and quite some effort. I doubt anyone will do that.

Also its quite unlikely that BI (is able to) make A2/OA infantry units work in A3 unfortunately..

So, the workaround would be almost redoing the config job for this whole mod... that´s a pitty, but it goes back to original question: there are dummy addons and the DBE1 and other original files from A1, but why AiA doesn´t recognizes A1 campaign or SP missions? (does it works with MP)? Maybe it is better to left it off completly (I know it would only spare 2 gb worth of download, but if it is a dead weight, why bother anyway)...

Anxious for the new replacement addons! Thou the A2 campaigns are buggy, at least the woking missions will be best savoired with them!

Cheers!

@ Corporal_Lib[bR]

Did you ask the the author yet, if he has an addon free version or a replacement table for the infantry/weapon/vehicle class names?

If not, creating one would be just a few hours, while converting the content to work in A3 would be a weeks work.

I left the A1 campaigns and missions out on purpose as they don't work at all. His A2 port is the only reasonable base.

The A1 content adds mostly the terrains and a few additional vehicles and weapons. Well worth the 2 GB for most people - Sahrani is very popular. :)

;2640896']@ Corporal_Lib[bR]

I left the A1 campaigns and missions out on purpose as they don't work at all. His A2 port is the only reasonable base.

The A1 content adds mostly the terrains and a few additional vehicles and weapons. Well worth the 2 GB for most people - Sahrani is very popular. :)

Gosh, I could swear I´ve read somewhere (devhub instructions I think) that the A1 missions and campaings worked somewhat and the A2 were screwed, in fact is the other way around... yeah, I´ll ask the author for an addon free version or the replacement table, and I´ll get back to you...

I´ve been using the A2 Sahrani version (more stable with AiA ??? Use it with A3MP...), I know the original is popular (love the A1 campaign and the tropical island theme) and just ignored the fact that some A1 vehicles would be functional, you´re right, shouldn´t be scrapped... silly me! ;)

cheers!

.kju,

are you going to announce the patch in the first post of this thread? Im asking cause I think you ceased to do that after some time in the old aia thread, and I'd hate to miss something.

As usual, thank you kindly for your continuing support!

Tried it but I'm back to A3MP because the lighting (Chernarus) is not right... Very dark and dull (not a small difference but really a difference between day and night). I'm afraid it needs some serious tweaking.

EDIT: Just noticed there's no sun, so no sunlight (only the dull, flat ambient light) and therefore no shadows...

Great work though. As soon as the lighting is OK, I will use this.

Edited by peewee678

;2640845'] Maybe it is better to left it off completly (I know it would only spare 2 gb worth of download' date=' but if it is a dead weight, why bother anyway)...[/quote']

Hello there

Dead weight????!!!111!!?

Heresy! Arrest the non believer!

Sahrani, whilst not the most realistic of BI's maps is well loved by many and have some really interesting terrain. It is a bit long in the tooth but is still welcomed, even if just for the great FPS most people get with it. As to the A1 Vehicles I really miss them. They may not be as high definition as A3's lovlies but many of us prefer that timeline to the ultra modern one.

Ill hunt kju down and sick a porcupine up his nightshirt if he removes them.

Definitely worth the 2GB of data.

Rgs

LoK

Hold the linch mob! As I´ve replied after my naive statement - I wasn´t aware the A1 terrain and some vehicles were usable, only the missions were FUBAR... - it is totally worth it, but if I may, orlok, could you help seek out the author of ArmARearmed and ask if he has an addon free version or a replacement table for the infantry/weapon/vehicle class names? Two or more ppl asking for the same thing may encorage him to - if it is of some hassle - help us with...

I´m having a blast with that mod on A2, but the crappy mouse accelaration and buggy freeaim bothers me (I´d love to play it with A3)

cheeers!

Hello there

Firstly, anyone having lighting issues in Sarahni? *Ive just noticed one poster above* Im not seeing any shadows. Everything appears overcast no matter how I set the weather/time. Nothing about it in the bug tracker that I could see. Apologies in advance if this is already a known issue.

Secondly, Ill happily help you locate the author and you can add my name to any PM you send, but I dont want to badger him unduly. Dont want to encourage spam! :)

Getting A1 missions etc to fully work form A1 is going to be a pain. Id recommend Patrol ops or DUWS moved to Sarahni as a quick fix solution.

Rgds

LoK

If someone could tell me who all else needs to be contacted for permissions to create the replacements, let me know i'll do my best, ive taken a very big interest in this.