.kju

All in Arma Standalone (AiA SA) - A1/A2/OA content in A3

Hello there

Firstly, anyone having lighting issues in Sarahni? *Ive just noticed one poster above* Im not seeing any shadows. Everything appears overcast no matter how I set the weather/time. Nothing about it in the bug tracker that I could see. Apologies in advance if this is already a known issue.

LoK

.kju says the lighting and sun are broken on all maps until the update.

.kju says the lighting and sun are broken on all maps until the update.

Hello there

TYVM, as long as it isnt me doing anything wrong then thats fine. Cant wait till the next update.

Rgds

LoK

I'm with ya there -- waiting anxiously -- even jumping up and down sometimes :)

.kju

Did you figure out how to add muzzle flash to the weapons?

When using your mod any arma 3 units will NOT have weapon sway or recoil.

.kju,

while we are waiting for the update that'd fix the lighting, is there something we can do on our end to temporarily resolve the problem? I mean, could it be as simple as copying some .pbos from the previous, non-standalone, AiA release?

Sorry for the lack of (visible) progress and lack of replies!

Not much time these days unfortunately and still hoping for BI to address some of the issues.

Hopefully once the campaign is finally out, we will see some.

Porting content takes a lot of time, only few people are up to challenge and are doing it.

Also some keys obstacles (vehicle configuration/physx, sound definitions, lighting definitions)

are not possible to overcome without BI's assistance (more and better tools, documentation and engine fixes).

@ GvsE

Will adjust the first post with updates yep.

@ 1212PDMCDMPPM

PWS support will come soon, yet it is not easy and requires work. Please be patient.

@ peewee678, orlok

The lighting issue is very frustrating. Spent several hours trying to find it or even narrow it down.. without success so far.

Data wise AiA SA is basically the same as previous AiA versions (in regards to cfgWorlds). Either its some other definition or some engine problem loading the data from one modfolder/in the current order.

@ yevgeni89

To create replacement configs/addons you don't need to ask for permission, as you are not modifying other people's work.

One should give credits to the addon authors though obviously. :)

@ Grillob3

For the most part it is about modifying the weapon model (adding selections), plus some simple config definitions.

A few people in CUP are porting weapons - models are not my area though.

Vote here to make BI fix the recoil problem: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12419

@ GvsE

You can try to replace the AiA SA pbos with the A2/OA pbos one by one (make sure to remove also the config pair).

If you are lucky, you could identify with pbo is causing the issue.

However it might not help at all either depending on the actual source of the problem (see above).

.kju Thanks!

With your mod the arma 2/oa units have recoil but not the arma 3 ones. I just voted the feedback ticket.

I have been playing some of the missions from arma 2 oa and BAF. Its really nice to have it on arma 3. And i get much better performance with your mod on the arma 2/oa maps than with A3MP. So i cant wait until you have it fully functional!

Big thanks for all the work. :)

.kju thanks for the personal answers!

A little advise: maybe you could ask Alduric (A3MP) how he fixed the lighting?

(I have no idea if you can use the same method for your project).

Me and Kju have our small cooperation team, no worries. Im trying to help and make progress with AiA too :-) Kju got all my major updates from A3MP for AiA.

That's awesome alduric, very pleased to hear it mate

Great to hear indeed. In that case: good luck to the both of you and keep up the good work!

well nothing like downloading this 18gb mod and doesnt work keeps crashing

Hi, the only thing keeping me from using the mod is that it causes all of the AI units to speak English. Totally kills the immersion, especially since there are perfectly good protocols included in A2. Any way to fix this?

---------- Post added at 22:48 ---------- Previous post was at 22:46 ----------

Also consider adding Kaelies's South Zagorian Army mod in for AiAHQ

Hi, the only thing keeping me from using the mod is that it causes all of the AI units to speak English. Totally kills the immersion, especially since there are perfectly good protocols included in A2. Any way to fix this?

You're not supposed to have a deep conversation on ancient Greek theatre with the bad guys. You just have to kill them :p

You're not supposed to have a deep conversation on ancient Greek theatre with the bad guys. You just have to kill them :p

No, haha, I don't want to have deep conversation, but I and all of my friends agree that it's pretty stupid to hear Taliban fighters speaking English in a weird American voice. Just not right. It totally kills immersion.

I know, just kidding. Although I don't use this mod at the moment, I would totally feel the same about it. So good question! (sorry for the topic pollution).

This mod is a work-in-progress and I would expect that such issues will be addressed.

No, haha, I don't want to have deep conversation, but I and all of my friends agree that it's pretty stupid to hear Taliban fighters speaking English in a weird American voice. Just not right. It totally kills immersion.

In Arma 2, I once ran CWR2 and the Unsung Vietnam War mod at the same time, and in the CWR2 missions the Russians were speaking Vietnamese -- now THAT was funny! However, you're right, it was just not right and ruined the immersion, which is what we like about the Arma series.

@ Grillob3

I will try something for recoil with the next update. Lets see if it works out.

@ peewee678

The lighting issue in AiA SA is a very tricky one.

Config wise it is the same as the old AiA version.

Either I am missing something, or its some weird engine behavior.

@ FistoGames

Added a ticket for the issue: https://dev.withsix.com/issues/74286

I will see what I can do. Unfortunately there is hardly any docu on this available.

Please use the thread for the AiA HQ pack to suggest new replacements. Thanks :)