Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

ArmA 2 US Helicopters Import to A3

Yes, and make sure you don't have any previous fixes present in the mod folder.

Got It working after some downloading and re-downloading. Still not sure what the problem was but im guessing CBA wasn't functioning properly. As you might have guessed im new to modding an therefore very ignorant. Anyway, thanks a lot its much appreciated! Btw did you upgrade the choppers? I noticed a lot of dust when hovering near the ground. I remember when flying them previously not seeing very much especially when landing. Now it seems closer to arma 3 quality.

Got It working after some downloading and re-downloading. Still not sure what the problem was but im guessing CBA wasn't functioning properly. As you might have guessed im new to modding an therefore very ignorant. Anyway, thanks a lot its much appreciated! Btw did you upgrade the choppers? I noticed a lot of dust when hovering near the ground. I remember when flying them previously not seeing very much especially when landing. Now it seems closer to arma 3 quality.

I am new to modding for ArmA 3 as well; this is my first release to the community! Perhaps the particle effects that you are seeing are from the new helicopterx simulations, because CBA Versioning and soundTypeIndex for the weapons the only other things added and they shouldn't have had any affect on dust (I think... still not too familiar with the engine). Glad to hear you've got it working!

The dust effects have always been on Altis and Stratis. A3MP maps, however, don't have dust effects...At All.

The dust effects have always been on Altis and Stratis. A3MP maps, however, don't have dust effects...At All.

That should be fixed if you use the addon made by reyhard.

Thanks for your fixes, however replacing the original pbo is not the best way (the original key will not work etc.).

So again, for these who don't want to download the whole mod again, I made another replacement config. This one has DevinGn fix, where are also previous SimulationX fixes.

Dropbox - so bassicly load this addon with hafm helis and the sliding issue and sounds should be fixed. It's also signed and bikey included.

BTW, UH1H Huey and UH1Y Venom are still not working correctly.

Huey and Venom still broken as in that awkward face down ass up / vice versa pose they assume on the ground?

yeah, I've never had that issue.

You gotta modify the mass distribution if that happens.

Just create 4 boxes and distribute all the weight among them instead of using default BIS settings.

It used to happen with the cobra even back in Arma2 when it spawned on the LHD/LPD.

Yes, with the mod mentioned above installed there is more dust effects even on Arma 2 maps. Very nice! Now, if the Cobra was more maneuverable it would be even better. It's handling seemed a lot better in Arma 2 IMO. The Cobra's main benefit, which gave it an advantage over the Apache was its agility. Now it seems to fly like a rock similar to the heavily armored Apache. Any of you magicians up to that challenge?

EDIT: Also, congrats Devin on your first release being a success. It has improved my gameplay dramatically. I really missed flying these choppers. Thanks!

Edited by SouthernSmoke

Yes, with the mod mentioned above installed there is more dust effects even on Arma 2 maps. Very nice! Now, if the Cobra was more maneuverable it would be even better. It's handling seemed a lot better in Arma 2 IMO. The Cobra's main benefit, which gave it an advantage over the Apache was its agility. Now it seems to fly like a rock similar to the heavily armored Apache. Any of you magicians up to that challenge?

EDIT: Also, congrats Devin on your first release being a success. It has improved my gameplay dramatically. I really missed flying these choppers. Thanks!

I'm just happy that I could contribute! Thanks man!

Thanks for your fixes, however replacing the original pbo is not the best way (the original key will not work etc.).

So again, for these who don't want to download the whole mod again, I made another replacement config. This one has DevinGn fix, where are also previous SimulationX fixes.

Dropbox - so bassicly load this addon with hafm helis and the sliding issue and sounds should be fixed. It's also signed and bikey included.

BTW, UH1H Huey and UH1Y Venom are still not working correctly.

Ahh thank you sir! I actually wanted to do exactly this, but I couldn't figure out how to do or so or what to search for. Could you possibly point me in the right direction, so I can do so in the future? It would be greatly appreciated!

I just downloaded it today, and some of the helicopters wont land on certain surfaces. So far it had happened with the Chinook and Black Hawk, but I haven't tested out all the others. I was tryin to land on a slightly sloped surface simulating inserting ground troops right into battle. The Chinook kept acting like it was hovering and moving into some trees. Same thing with the Black Hawk in the same location. Once I landed them both on a flat surface though they were fine.

You need the addon fix.

Check a few pages back and you should find it.

You gotta modify the mass distribution if that happens.

Just create 4 boxes and distribute all the weight among them instead of using default BIS settings.

It used to happen with the cobra even back in Arma2 when it spawned on the LHD/LPD.

Chairborne are you able to make a fix for this ?

It would be really great dont wont to miss the helis, cause i hate the future setting of a3.

I am but i'd prefer to explain whoever is handling the project right now how to do it rather than doing it myself.

It's really simple.

If it's you send me a PM and i'll get back to you.

Srry i have nothing to do with this project and i think after the leaving from aplion there is no one really who supports this mod.

Thx anyway mayby you find the time for a hotfix, or anyone else with better technical skills ask you how to make it.

Srry i have nothing to do with this project and i think after the leaving from aplion there is no one really who supports this mod.

Thx anyway mayby you find the time for a hotfix, or anyone else with better technical skills ask you how to make it.

There are several people who have stepped up to support this mod, actually. Numerous hot fixes have been released in light of the things that game patches broke and one other modder has even re-released the entire pack with an overhaul of basic funtionality and flight physics. Don't be such a debbie downer about it.

Handicap very helpful answer ;).

Srry for my bad english but i try it again since the mod is not offical supported by its owner aplion or someone from his team HAFM.

I know the community is doing enough in all ways you dont have to clear things up for me, but we want this mod without that the helis kiss the sky on the ground and so i asked someone who wrote that he know how to do it, srry when i hurt your feelings it was not my intention.

so BTT

Ps.: Whats a debbie downer ? (plz via Pm thx)

Handicap very helpful answer ;).

Srry for my bad english but i try it again since the mod is not offical supported by its owner aplion or someone from his team HAFM.

I know the community is doing enough in all ways you dont have to clear things up for me, but we want this mod without that the helis kiss the sky on the ground and so i asked someone who wrote that he know how to do it, srry when i hurt your feelings it was not my intention.

so BTT

Ps.: Whats a debbie downer ? (plz via Pm thx)

a debbie downer is someone who looks at the bad side of things instead of the good. Someone who is always pointing out the negatives.

Secondly, these are not OWNED by Aplion, he got permission From Bohemia to port those over to arma 3... As did anyone else, because they released their content for arma 2 to be ported over, via licensing. So basically your assumption that Aplion Ownes these is wrong. Dont be such a debbie downer :) , man....

Basically, (correct me if im wrong here) ANYONE can port over arma 2 stuffs into arma 3 because BIS said they could...

As long as you do it under their licenses, you can do pretty much whatever you want with them, not just port them.

You can read all about it on their license page:

http://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses/arma-public-license

edit: this is just APL which covers the vehicle and weapon models, other things like islands use different licenses if i remember correctly.

Thx for clarification, yeah and sometimes i `m ;).

To fit the picture "its so sadly that no one will fix this anoying bug, but there are some people out there who know how to do it oh man the world is so bad" ;)

Hey, awesome addon ! Really ! It's a pleasure to see these helicopters in ArmA III ! But, it is possible to have only the Black Hawk in the addon ? Or just two helicopters ?

Maybe possible to open the pbo file and remove something to just have the black hawk ? If the author authorize this !

Edited by Sartax

Hey, awesome addon ! Really ! It's a pleasure to see these helicopters in ArmA III ! But, it is possible to have only the Black Hawk in the addon ? Or just two helicopters ?

Maybe possible to open the pbo file and remove something to just have the black hawk ? If the author authorize this !

You'd have to rearrange configs, but here are links to the source files (does not include subsequent improvements by any other modders).