Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

ArmA 2 US Helicopters Import to A3

I literally don't give a fuck I don't have time to read 30 pages of post! Why don't you Literally read what I wrote TROLL!

Uh...okay?

I heared some rumors the makers of this mod are infact working on it right now. (Between real life obligations)

Just want to list some things missing, even when discussed before:

- Helicopters sliding due to lack of PhysX

- Gunners/Co-pilots can't take control of the aircraft

- Apache can't lock ArmA3 vanilla laser designator

- AGM114 search area is far too narrow

- Apache's Camera turret ain't ground stabilised

- Apache (and the others) can't be rearmed at Arma3 vanilla rearm stations/trucks

Where it says 'Apache' It should apply to the AH-1 Cobra aswell.

Helos don't get rearmed with A3 service vehicles most likely because service vehicles have a ridiculously low capacity.

That problem happens even with regular A3 helos. You have to script them to have infinite supplies.

Originally Posted by 87th_Neptune

The co-pilot function should work but the controls should not be able to be passed to a gunner. Makes no sense.

The co-pilot function should work but the controls should not be able to be passed to a gunner. Makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense. In both the Cobra (or whatever the Zulu is called now) and the Apache, the gunner has flight controls. They're not as ergonomically optimized, but it's possible for them to fly. Both people are pilots, so it's certainly realistic.

I heared some rumors the makers of this mod are infact working on it right now. (Between real life obligations)

Just want to list some things missing, even when discussed before:

- Helicopters sliding due to lack of PhysX

- Apache can't lock ArmA3 vanilla laser designator

- AGM114 search area is far too narrow

- Apache's Camera turret ain't ground stabilised

- Apache (and the others) can't be rearmed at Arma3 vanilla rearm stations/trucks

Where it says 'Apache' It should apply to the AH-1 Cobra aswell.

Many thanks for rumors. This mod is essential!!!!

The gunner is the PIC (pilot in command) in the RNLAF. He also has a rudder, cyclic and collective. They swap controls whenever required. And trust me, it happens now and then.

I was growing tired of people continuously talking about how they don't work, so I edited the config file to stop the helicopters from sliding around.

You can download the fix here

The only issue I ran into, is that the Huey and Venom don't work properly with the new settings. I wouldn't recommend using them until I/Someone gets them properly fixed.

Working Helicopters:

Chinook

Blackhawks

Appache

Viper

Disclaimer: I do not take credit for this mod. All I did was edit the config file and make new keys/signatures.

f3b77a25051a2a5d092bcdcd1fdce5dfe90f34078a95bdce6f051751f4803fed.jpg

Combine Ahles3's fix with THIS

It's Shadow's RWCO, where I removed some debug stuff of making it a little more polished than it was.

Killer combo for a great port/mod!

Here is the current complete list of features:

- Transfering controls from pilot to gunner

- Automatic zeroing of 30mm cannon

- increased Hydra fire rate

- Kilo and Lima hellfires (4x4 on the Apache)

- Kilo Hellfires:

--- Self laser and remote laser capability

--- LOBL and LAOL modes with Direct, Low and High flight profiles

- Lima Hellfires:

--- Semi active radar; needs a constant radar lock for accuracy. Especially on moving targets

--- Cant be locked by any other means but radar

--- Can lock on enemy visible by team mates but not by you (Non tested)

Edited by 87th_Neptune

Wouldn't the replacement config be better? If you edited only the config.cpp it is unnecessary to download the whole mod again.

Anyway really appreciate the fix, these sliding problems were pain in the ass.

Wouldn't the replacement config be better? If you edited only the config.cpp it is unnecessary to download the whole mod again.

I don't have access to the HAFM private bikey. So verified signatures wouldn't have worked. Which would've created a problem.

So for these who don't want to download the whole mod again, I made replacement config of Ahles3 fix.

Dropbox - so bassicly load this addon with hafm helis and the sliding issue should be fixed. It's also signed and bikey included.

Hydra rockets are not available in the dev build.

Maybe something for the mod makers to look into. This problem could occur with a next arma update.

I don't get it

it is unnecessary to download the whole mod again.

^this

What's the different with

Ahles3's one? seems like both have one .pbo file. i'm just asking that i really didn't know what's the different about this

- Kilo Hellfires:

--- Self laser and remote laser capability

--- LOBL and LAOL modes with Direct, Low and High flight profiles

Sadly this LAOL is not working properly, i shoot over the mountain and my friend laserguide from the over the mountain but the missile just go fly away and ignore laserdesignator's laser :(

I don't get it

it is unnecessary to download the whole mod again.

^this

What's the different with

Ahles3's one? seems like both have one .pbo file. i'm just asking that i really didn't know what's the different about this

I'm not sure i get what you're asking, anyway you don't need to download anything again.

What you download is just a 20kb pbo with a config file inside.

It's just a text file.

You launch that mod along with Hafm Helos (assuming you already have it) and the new Pbo updates the properties of already existing vehicles.

That's it.

There are no other models inside as far as i can tell.

Good job on the fix by the way.

I'm not sure i get what you're asking, anyway you don't need to download anything again.

What you download is just a 20kb pbo with a config file inside.

It's just a text file.

You launch that mod along with Hafm Helos (assuming you already have it) and the new Pbo updates the properties of already existing vehicles.

That's it.

There are no other models inside as far as i can tell.

Good job on the fix by the way.

Thanks for your kind reply, my confuse is released.

Its working fine. You just need to keep the seeker head's FOV in mind. The seeker's FOV closely represents the AGM114A.

Plus you have to make sure you have the target locked up with a valid launch sollution. I.e. the beeping diamond.

Its working fine. You just need to keep the seeker head's FOV in mind. The seeker's FOV closely represents the AGM114A.

Plus you have to make sure you have the target locked up with a valid launch sollution. I.e. the beeping diamond.

But as you know the maning of LOAL it dosen't need that beeping diamond lock on. it supposed to be find the laser target and strike it self :(

Here is the video mate.

Note that I need to come up to aquire the laser first. Yes thats still Armaish.

HOWEVER in multiplayer you can start locking up the laser before you are anywhere near the target. So you can then stay behind your cover the WHOLE time. Where ever your budy is slewing it then, you will still be locked onto it.

Once you fire, the missile will go to its apex point and IF the laser is within the missile's LOS it will home in on it.

I demostrate here that within 2km you HAVE to go to LOAL-LO otherwise the target will be outside missile's LOS. This 2km is a bit variable ofcourse depending on the elevation different between the aircraft and the target.

Edited by 87th_Neptune

There are obviously still a few issues with the helicopters. I was just wondering if you guys could shed some light as to what you guys think the biggest problems are (excluding the issue with the huey and venom).

There are obviously still a few issues with the helicopters. I was just wondering if you guys could shed some light as to what you guys think the biggest problems are (excluding the issue with the huey and venom).

By the "issue with the huey and venom" what exactly do you mean? The huey itself handles fine in my opinion, from the few times we've used them for shits and giggles, but the venom's flight characteristics are jacked up beyond belief and I feel that those same issues extend to the Apache (not nearly as severe) and the Cobra (it could use some tweaking) as well. The Venom has been the most glaring issue for me with this mod.

Not an error with performance or dynamics, but I get this error on screen (I have "Show script errors" enabled):

apache_error.jpg

And repeatedly in my ArmA rpt log when using the Apache:

apache_error2.jpg

Anyone else getting this? Doesn't happen when I load the Viper or Chinook.