Rav_Raven

LIFTER for ArmA 3

@Daantjeeuh

LIFTER v1.04 mod already has support MARSOF.

@ cym104

I can assure you that after several years (LIFTER comes from ArmA2 January 2010) is one of the best methods to determine the possibility or not of a helicopter lifting an object. Obviemente, ideally, would be that each creator addon (BIS included) put in the config of each object, a property indicating the weight thereof. This does not happen in reality and never happened since Operation Flashpoint ( the predecessor of the ARMA series 2001-2002 ) and only the ACE mod for ArmA2 approached the ideal.

Anyway, in real life "generally", the objects become heavier, are bigger and more powerful helicopters are also larger (again , I speak in general). So if volumes will compare and contrast with a table of limits based on the experience of raising and verify a vast number of objects and vehicles, can be sure to approach a reliable method to determine if a helicopter "may" or, lift an object. The only thing left is to determine where to place the object position on the helicopter (my main headache) because there are many objects whose geometric center is moved out of position and are on the ropes.

The method is not perfect, but although improved, has proven effective and saves me from having to maintain huge lists of objects and compatibility with vehicles of different mods.

@ cym104

Anyway, in real life "generally", the objects become heavier, are bigger and more powerful helicopters are also larger (again , I speak in general). So if volumes will compare and contrast with a table of limits based on the experience of raising and verify a vast number of objects and vehicles, can be sure to approach a reliable method to determine if a helicopter "may" or, lift an object.

Then maybe u can consider making some adjustments to the ratios so that an arma3 blackhawk(uh-80) can lift an arma3 hmmwv(hunter), just like a real blackhawk can lift a real hmmwv?

That's strange, because i try with ch-147F the Canadian Chinook but can't lift hunter

@cym104

Ofcourse. The mod is far from perfect and needs the contribution of each to improve it. I'll be grateful for the help you can give me. (I'll see what the UH-80 and HMMWV).

@kgino1045

The CH-147 (Canadian) has some problems of scripting in its design, which have given me problems LIFTER. But I just tested and I can confirm that lift the Hunter.

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

Yeap it work with CH-147F but i have to deploy sling on the engine side

Remember that since v1.03 the search area at the lower end of the sling is an area of ​​7 meters diameter (the geometric center of the object should be within it to be detected).

@cym104

Ofcourse. The mod is far from perfect and needs the contribution of each to improve it. I'll be grateful for the help you can give me.

I'd suggest u move the definition of those constants to a separate userconfig file and allow them to be manually overridden from a mission's init.sqf, so mission editors and server admins won't need to mess with main.sqf to tweak these values to suit the mission's specific needs or server preferences.

did i just read u made this compatible with the MARSOF CH47 ? ;)

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

[quote name=RAV_RAVEN;2658769

I can assure you that after several years (LIFTER comes from ArmA2 January 2010) is one of the best methods to determine the possibility or not of a helicopter lifting an object. Obviemente' date=' ideally, would be that each creator addon (BIS included) put in the config of each object, a property indicating the weight thereof. This does not happen in reality and never happened since Operation Flashpoint ( the predecessor of the ARMA series 2001-2002 ) and only the ACE mod for ArmA2 approached the ideal.

Anyway, in real life "generally", the objects become heavier, are bigger and more powerful helicopters are also larger (again , I speak in general). So if volumes will compare and contrast with a table of limits based on the experience of raising and verify a vast number of objects and vehicles, can be sure to approach a reliable method to determine if a helicopter "may" or, lift an object. The only thing left is to determine where to place the object position on the helicopter (my main headache) because there are many objects whose geometric center is moved out of position and are on the ropes.

The method is not perfect, but although improved, has proven effective and saves me from having to maintain huge lists of objects and compatibility with vehicles of different mods.[/quote]

dont know how far u have looked into the MARSOF CH47 (pretty sweat to see it compatible with your work), but it haves "maximumLoad = 10200;" set in its config.

New version (v1.04) in first post!.

Lifter_ladder.jpg Lifter_fastrope.jpg

Changelog:

v1.04

Addition:

-Compatibility with mod TacOps helo's http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22569

-Compatibility with mod Dutch MARSOF Units http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23599

-Compatibility with mod African Conflict by Massi http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21897

-Compatibility with mod Kaelies' South Zagorian Army Mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24439

-Ability to move from armed boat to CH-47 and vice versa via ladder (human and AI) (See About_Ladder.txt for more details)

-Ability to execute a fast-rope from any recognized by helicopter mod (See About_fastrope.txt for more details)

Sorry for the delay and enjoy!. :cool:

I've wait this Awesome moment SO MUCH

first thing is first

I'm really THANKFUL your Huge contribution :D

and here some bug report

If backseat player deploy fastrope in action menu, the pilot suddenly pop up from his cock pit

And seems like can't going up to the chopper by ladder when ch 147F and speedboat is linked with sling

Edited by kgino1045

Thank you for sending us the updated version :cool:

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi,

this mod is a must. Thank you for your work.

One Question, comment to the new Fast Roping:

It works as described if the player is pilot via action menu and it works perfectly with ai via mentioned script.

I did not check yet, what happens if player is pilot using the menu and another player is cargo (but regarding kgino1045s post it did not work also)

But I tried player as cargo - and it ended everytime with the dead of the player.

I got the action menu as cargo - that failed. I used the script - that failed too.

Does it work as Cargo, if so then how?

cu

SerialMum

Another bug seems like it's stuck with JIP. if other player join later, that guy can't deploy fastrope

-Problem-JIP is easy solution. Just get home I see.

-I will add a couple of missions pack (human pilot and pilot in charge) and throw a hotfix to clarify the issue a bit.

'Tonight will control the errors reported by (any detailed explanation of them is welcome)

Thanks for the feedback.

Greetings.

Hey man... so i today i saw you updated and gived us the best thing for insertions thank you on that. But i would like to report some stuff. So I spawned empty CH47 and me and 4 AI enter it on water Assault boat witch AI is controling..i hovered over it and deployed sling now i attached it and take off. I get option to deploy ladders and here problem occurs only guys in helicopter are getting option to get OFF the boat even if they are on helicopter

and guys in boat are not getting any option to get on helicopter. Now i mistakenly presed drop cargo but forgot to detach ladders and there is bug where slings and ladders are staying on attached on boat but i am getting new deploy slings. Or that is mybe because i was switching AIs.

Thank you again for great addon i am big fan of the Act of Valor and my favourite scene is that boat insertion and extract.

Hi. Thx for your excellent work

But multiple error here in Game and RPT :

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/rc_hmmwv_kia_gunner_m2.connectFrom'

in RPT :

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/rc_hmmwv_kia_gunner_m2.connectTo'.

Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/rc_hmmwv_kia_gunner_m2.interpolateWith'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/rc_hmmwv_kia_gunner_m2.interpolateTo'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/rc_hmmwv_kia_gunner_m2.interpolateFrom'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/man_basic.adjstance'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

keep the good work !

Maud wonderful ! Please correct the problem of compatibility. A server on a dedicated mission stopped running:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/rc_hmmwv_kia_gunner_m2.connectFrom'

in RPT :

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/rc_hmmwv_kia_gunner_m2.connectTo'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/rc_hmmwv_kia_gunner_m2.interpolateWith'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/rc_hmmwv_kia_gunner_m2.interpolateTo'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/rc_hmmwv_kia_gunner_m2.interpolateFrom'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/man_basic.adjstance'.

Maud wonderful ! Please correct the problem of compatibility. A server on a dedicated mission stopped running:

in RPT :

Yes I'm seeing similar since the update to 1.04. Please fix as soon as you can sir. Thanks for the mod. It's awesome. Can't wait to see some physics on the slings too.

Hi, nice work mate.

I think that you can group for categories in arrays lift.sqf the same organize in chkHelo.sqf, when a next modder tell you implement my addon only write the classname, in the mayor vehicles is re-texture the vehicles arma 3. Is a idea.

Thank you for all.

Sorry my english, i am spanish

@All

Tomorrow hotfix (sorry for the inconvenience).

Thanks and keep up the feedback.

@All

Tomorrow hotfix (sorry for the inconvenience).

Thanks and keep up the feedback.

Take your time sir, i hope this is just easy bug