Rav_Raven

LIFTER for ArmA 3

Thank you.

Expect to see the next v1.04. Contain the ability to pass from the CH-47 assault boat that takes hanging by a ladder and climb from the boat to the helicopter (as in this spectacular scene from the movie "Act of Valor"). And (if I get with the times), the ability to "fast rope" to all helicopters currently in use.

Stay tuned ...

http://theaviationist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/act_of_valor_helicopter_sunset_a_l.jpg

I thought that picture was in-game for a second...

Hahaha ... hopefully ... (although very similar).

Sorry for the delay (I have not had much time recently). V1.04 will be released in a couple of days. I can confirm that in addition to the option of the ladder in the CH47, the ability to make fastrope for all helicopters supported by LIFTER actually included.

This ability may be canceled if you want to use a third party addon or script for this task and leave only the ability to lift loads intact.

Stay tuned ...

th_fastrope.png

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

Hahaha ... hopefully ... (although very similar).

Sorry for the delay (I have not had much time recently). V1.04 will be released in a couple of days. I can confirm that in addition to the option of the ladder in the CH47, the ability to make fastrope for all helicopters supported by LIFTER actualente be included.

This ability may be canceled if you want to use a third party addon or script for this tearea and leave only the ability to lift loads intact.

Stay tuned ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/OFPRaven/LIFTER%20ArmA3/fastrope.png (381 kB)

Great!!!!

Very excited about the fastroping option. Will it be possible for me to fastrope out of an AI-controlled helicopter?

This ability may be canceled if you want to use a third party addon or script for this task and leave only the ability to lift loads intact.

Stay tuned ...

I would include it in your mod, but have it sit in a different pbo. People who don't want it can delete it or never install it in the first place.

Lifting and fastroping are things I like to use very often. Not having to put into every mission with a script is nice.

Finally! SO lovely

If some one is bother because lift has Fastrope then imo, may be you can make another addon thread for fast rope

Ofcousrse i'm full love with both in LIFTER

Edited by kgino1045

Was testing in the editor today and had some strange results. Items that I lifted when dropped would stay at the height they were released at. I have patched to the latest but haven't had an issue before this. I will do some more testing and edit this post if it keeps happening or if it is something my end.

Love this mod, keep up the great work

@SnowingJimBob

Fastrope function may use the AI and human.

@BadHabitz

My intention to include the possibility of fastrope with LIFTER is that mod already exists within 80% of the necessary scripting (determination of types of helicopters capable of transporting personnel, exclusive filter helicopters attack vector location sling-now land-strings, etc.) and each helicopter created by the community, you should upgrade both mods (a task perfectly, simplifiable, fusing both mods). You have to see if the community likes the merger or prefer to separate them ... we'll see ...

@AusCleaver

I hope your tests. Remember that not all kinds of objects have physics (more precisely, do not use pseudogravity the engine) and are subject to a forced fall. There are many classes with this problem but it is always good to identify them all.

Some images of fastrope ingame ...

th_2014-03-23_00001.jpg th_2014-03-24_00001.jpg th_2014-03-24_00002.jpg th_107410_2014-03-27_00001.png

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

Since the Lifter is already a Module, why not make the fastroping a module too?

that way people can choose wich one mission makers want to use, and the few megabytes extra in filesize should not be a problem.

I'd say keep fast rope and lifter as one mod, as they share so much code. Only use which you want, but why double up on code/overheads by splitting them?

I agree with Zach72, one mod but two modules would be the best thing to do.

Awsome work Raven, thanks!

mod doesn't work,"Lift up OBJECT" option never showed: 217822318213239.jpg

Edited by cym104

Try to crossed with object. what i mean is place heli vertical and place the objet horizon

Greeting Rav_Raven how's the works going? i thought your great work release soon.

Try to crossed with object. what i mean is place heli vertical and place the objet horizon

Still not working...if this is what you mean by "cross":

522c98318238471.jpg

It seems like he didn't plus the M-ATV to Lift-able Object. i even try with Chinook but no good

We need a complete list of the lift-able objects, especially vehicles.(Bring back a downed ghosthawk with another ghosthawk, anyone?)

Sorry for the delay in responding. 'm short on time lately . The v1.04 of LIFTER has been delayed a bit, but is almost ready . I am currently finishing check for updates on MP .

About the UH-80 and Hunter:

There are not lists of recognized vehicles. LIFTER works with volumes comparison subclass objects.

For example :

The UH-80 has a volume of 1202.78 m3 (length x width x height) and representative vehicle of the subclass to which the Hunter of 119,993 m3 belongs.

The ratio of their volumes gives 10.0237 (helo / mass object mass).

There are values ​​that are taken as lower limits for each subclass (land : 15.5, sea : 7.0, air: 6.0 and other objects: 16.0 )

Current comparison is 10.0237 (less than minimum allowed for that subclass (car) and the action of lifting the object is not allowed.

try a larger volume helicopter (CH-49 or CH-47) and see that it is possible.

Example with CH-49 :

Helicopter mass : 2966.21 m3

mass hunter : 119,993 m3

Razon between : ( 2966.21 / 119 993 = 24.7198 m3 ) that exceed the minimum (15.5 ) and helo can lift the object.

Again, thanks for your patience and wait for news in no time .

Greetings .

PD: Something to enjoy while waiting ...

th_107410_2014-04-02_00001.png th_107410_2014-04-02_00003.png

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

Ohh cant wait for next update :) this is some amazing work man :) Thank you i am realy gonna enjoj lifting things

For example :

The UH-80 has a volume of 1202.78 m3 (length x width x height) and representative vehicle of the subclass to which the Hunter of 119,993 m3 belongs.

The ratio of their volumes gives 10.0237 (helo / mass object mass).

There are values ​​that are taken as lower limits for each subclass (land : 15.5, sea : 7.0, air: 6.0 and other objects: 16.0 )

Current comparison is 10.0237 (less than minimum allowed for that subclass (car) and the action of lifting the object is not allowed.

I'm not quite sure that I understand you right: so what you do is basically have the volume of the heli divided by the volume of the cargo, and compare the result with some predefined co-efficients?

Volume comparison...hmph...wouldn't say that's a wise method... especially when you're trying to lift passenger or container-cargo kind of ground vehicles, since most of their volume is just empty space(space for passengers/cargo).

I wonder if you can actually compare object weight to the heli's net lift-force?

Edited by cym104

Hey Rav,

The MARSOF mod I asked you to incorporate also features a Chinook now, could you incorporate it please? Many thanks! :)