batto

Ukraine General

The most comprehensive private investigation on the shootings in Kiev, February.: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=668_1399131016

He took Russian investigation which was made in few days after events. Wow. It's a real leak. :)

too long, didn't watch

Yes. I agree with you. We have a proverb for such situations: "The less you know - more better you sleep."

The may massacre: the deaths of 2 may (updating)

(Odessa press TIMER) http://timer.od.ua/news/mayskaya_boynya_spisok_pogibshih_2_maya_obnovlyaetsya_526.html

1. Andrey Biryukov, born in 1978 - died, a gunshot wound.

2. Blazevski Andrew - died, jumped out of the burning house, beaten to death already on the ground.

3. Bullah Victor, born in 1956 - died, dropped out of the windows.

4. Verenikina Anna, born in 1955 - died in the fire.

5. Gunn Victor, born in 1962, poet - died in the fire.

5. Egorski Nicholas, born in 1976 - died, a gunshot wound.

6. Golikov Alexander, born in 1968 - died, a gunshot wound.

7. Ivanov Igor, born in 1987 - died, a gunshot wound.

8. Calin Anatoly - died in fire.

9. Kostuhin Sergey Nikolaevich, born in 1967, - died.

10. Markin Vyacheslav Vladimirovich, born in 1969, 44, is a member of Odessa regional Council - died in hospital.

11. Mishin Sergei, 28 years old - died in the fire.

12. Negatron Vadim, 1959, 54 years old, Odessa poet - died in the hospital.

13. Nikitenko Maxim, born in 1982 - died, dropped out of the windows.

14. Petrov Gennady, born in 1985 - died, a gunshot wound.

15. Sadovnichy Alexander, born in 1954 - died in the fire.

16. Gennady ( family name to be confirmed, about 30 years old) - died in the fire.

Edited by ArtTem

One of anti-maidan activists that got free yesterday after being detained. He was at labuor union house when it was burned. He tells that more than 100 died - some of them were beaten to death, shot from shotguns and rifles, suffocated, burned alive by right sector and football ultras. Maidanuts killed everybody no matter of gender and age. Even pregnant woman who worked there and failed to escape was suffocated (there are pics of her corpse available on Russian internet together with pics of other victims, but I won't post the link here, too disturbing).

I think he is in shock for what he lived. I doubt he could count corpses nor see properly how the fire started.

About pro-Russian killed with guns or beaten, having watched the stream in live it doesn't surprise me. It's basically what both sides were doing.

In the videos I saw a bunch of Ukrainians dead too, that no one has talked about.

That's what propaganda of hatred leads to. I think the invasion of Crimea raised the stakes a lot. On one side showed how "easy" is to steal a part of the country ( making the Ukrainians fear for more invasions ) and showing the pro-Russians that violence and fear works ( even if the Russian Army was not violent per se, the action itself of stealing a territory by military invasion is.

I'm even thinking that the invasion of Crimea may have been already thought as a way to create chaos in Ukraine. What is clear is that Putin could not allow the expulsion of Yanukovich unanswered, because if Ukrainians had successed cleanly that could show Russian population that could do the same. And Putin has been working for years to keep himself in power.

Some interesting infromation, sadly in german. Couldnt find anywhere else sorry.

A reporter of n24 newspaper talked to Ponomarevs press speaker Chorosheva who told him that ukrainian border troops in Luhanks were disarmed and now russian "self-defense forces" are entering Luhansk and Slaviansk.

Amongst them are some chechen elite forces. Most likely volunteers but who knows.

Has anyone read it anywhere else? Or some sort of confirmation for it. I only know that that reporter Christoph Wanner is rather neutral and not known for false information.

http://www.n24.de/n24/Nachrichten/Politik/d/4542236/tschetschenische-elite-kaempfer-im-einsatz-.html

08:12 Uhr: Elitekämpfer aus Tschetschenien unterstützen offenbar Rebellen

Die Situation in der Ostukraine spitzt sich offenbar immer weiter zu. Wie N24-Korrespondent Christoph Wanner aus einem Telefonat mit der Pressesprecherin des Milizenchefs in Slawjansk erfuhr, sollen die Grenzen zu Russland mittlerweile offen sein.

In Luhansk hätten demnach russische Kämpfer bereits die ukrainischen Grenztruppen entwaffnet. Zudem seien aus Russland sogenannte "Selbstverteidigungskräfte" in die Ukraine gelangt, um die Rebellen zu unterstützen.

Unter den Kämpfern seien, so Rebellensprecherin Stella Choroschewa, auch tschetschenische Eliteeinheiten von Präsident Kadyrow aus dem Nordkaukasus.

A reporter of n24 newspaper talked to Ponomarevs press speaker Chorosheva who told him that ukrainian border troops in Luhanks were disarmed and now russian "self-defense forces" are entering Luhansk and Slaviansk.

Amongst them are some chechen elite forces. Most likely volunteers but who knows.

In case of being true, that would be big.

Some interesting infromation, sadly in german. Couldnt find anywhere else sorry.

Has anyone read it anywhere else? Or some sort of confirmation for it. I only know that that reporter Christoph Wanner is rather neutral and not known for false information.

http://www.n24.de/n24/Nachrichten/Politik/d/4542236/tschetschenische-elite-kaempfer-im-einsatz-.html

They are in firefight for 3 days. Mainly sniper duels.

________________________________________________________________________________

It seems it's a new trend to block Russians IP. I can't look any broadcast there. But site works perfect. When i push the play - they shows me advertisement!!!!, then recognize my IP and sends me to hell. Yeah. War is war - but advertisement is the main sanctuary.

d3192c9b7ec8t.jpg

Edited by ArtTem

@ArtTem, I use the Modify Headers addon for Firefox to view the Daily Show from the UK, otherwise I get a similar message to you.

Edit:Settings

Action - Add

Name - X-Forwarded-For

Value - 12.13.14.15

Comment - Daily Show

I got this from a post by a production assistant on the DS forums years ago.

Edited by surpher
added settings and link

@ArtTem, I use the Modify Headers addon for Firefox to view the Daily Show from the UK, otherwise I get a similar message to you.

They start doing it 1 week ago. You think it's ok? Ofcourse i can bypass it, but....

Maybe a TV company has the sole broadcasting rights in your location now?

This is what I see without running The Modify Headers addon.

http://imgur.com/Iy7Un59

Sure. Everything is legitimate. And problem with German N24 channel is the same. It's ok. Let's focus on another things.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

And little remark, they deleted that page. :) Check the link now. And look on my screenshot. :)

Edited by ArtTem

N24.de videos do not work for me either, I had to disable AdBlocker to see to advert but the story videos don't play.

( BBC ) Rebels 'retreating' in Sloviansk

Government forces have taken a TV tower in the suburbs and rebels were pulling back deeper into the city, the Russian Interfax news agency said.

Heavy gunfire could be heard, apparently closer to the centre than in recent days, a Reuters reporter said.

However, a number of Ukrainian troops have been killed in the fighting, the country's interior minister said.

Arsen Avakov could not give the exact death toll, but said up to eight Ukrainian troops had been wounded in an ambush.

Four ambulances were seen near the area and at least two separatist armoured vehicles and several rebels were seen in retreat, Reuters reported.

( N24 ) Several dead in Slavjansk

11:46 clock: Separatists fleeing fighting in Slavjansk

In the hard-fought eastern Ukrainian city Slavjansk pro-Russian separatists have fled the fighting with the military. At least two-wheeled tank with separatists fled from eastern suburbs of the city, is the target of a major offensive by the Ukrainian military for days.

In the separatist stronghold fierce fight fire could be heard. A Reuters correspondent reported that the fighting appeared to approach closer and closer to the center.

By two wheeled tanks, I think they mean the tracked BMD... ( which are IFV ) :rolleyes:

( BBC ) Rebels 'retreating' in Sloviansk

Government forces have taken a TV tower in the suburbs and rebels were pulling back deeper into the city, the Russian Interfax news agency said.

Heavy gunfire could be heard, apparently closer to the centre than in recent days, a Reuters reporter said.

However, a number of Ukrainian troops have been killed in the fighting, the country's interior minister said.

Arsen Avakov could not give the exact death toll, but said up to eight Ukrainian troops had been wounded in an ambush.

Four ambulances were seen near the area and at least two separatist armoured vehicles and several rebels were seen in retreat, Reuters reported.

Why i'm not surprised. In the evening news there was a video report on TV about that. We was seating in dinning room and i seen it. Let me search.

http://tv-novosti.ru/date/2014-05-04/1kanal/21-00

From 20:20 to 28:00. They didn't captured anything. But civil people and their houses near, damaged by random gunfire. Footage from TV tower. :)

In few words. People can't understand with whom GF was fighting on that tower. It wasn't broadcasting Russian TV. And it was empty. Only one old man. But they was fighting with phantoms for 1-2 hours. Destroying everything surround em. Then forces of federalization supporters came from city to local people for help and real combat began. After 5 hours of combat action, government forces retreated. And in the morning. Women telling, they hear on radio and TV, that Government forces control TV tower, city and people meet them with flowers. She show how her house was damaged by government forces, they was firing from all weapons in all sides. :) And she can't understand about what flowers Kiev are talking. :)

Edited by ArtTem

I expect both sides to spread lies about the fighting.

( N24 ) separatists Report 20 dead after heavy fighting

13:51 clock: separatists in Slavjansk Report 20 dead

When fighting in the eastern Ukrainian city Slavjansk about 20 activists have been killed, according to pro-Russian separatists from. "We were under great efforts prevent penetration of the enemy into the city. In our ranks there are many dead," quoted by Interfax news agency a spokesman for the self-proclaimed People's Militia. Previously had been about 15 injured fighters talk. Also on the side of government troops were killed, Interior Minister arsenic Awakow said. He did not name a number.

Awakow gave an estimate that about 800 armed separatists held the positions in Slavjansk. "They put heavy weapons, shooting with large caliber weapons, use grenade launchers and other equipment," said the minister. The government troops had taken despite the opposition of the television tower in the city with 125,000 inhabitants. Now Ukrainian television station would broadcast again.

Bullets would hit the next gas station that had exploded then, Interfax reported, citing activists. The local Internet portal slavgorod.com.ua reported that the Ukrainian troops would not let any emergency vehicles through their barriers. An injured helicopter pilot whose helicopter had been shot down on Friday by separatists in Slavjansk, however, was handed over to the government units.

If my memory doesn't fail me, the Ukrainian Army have taken already 7 or 8 TV towers ( every day one ).

I expect both sides to spread lies about the fighting.

Yes. Sometimes i see how FedSup cheats. But GF is not cheating, they making a big show. (sad that civils die while they make that show)

That tower reminds me how they fight and captured locator station in Crimea. That station was abandoned for more than a year. Only one old man was looking for that ruins. And it wasn't in Crimea territory. But they send there a VDV troops to fight with phantoms and then captured that ruins. When reporters from BBC and CNN maded reports, people in Ukraine thread of BIStudio forum discussed all the details of that epic operation, they leave that object and forget about it. :)

Slavyansk, video from today GF Mi-24 working near the TV tower.

http://youtu.be/lEG0kpbNvIM

Fuel station exploded.

http://youtu.be/f-pydawm9HQ

From Slavyansk local forum:

11:30. The battle is on the Semenovka, Ukrainian troops are trying to break through the ruins of Khimprom, where Solzavod and Tripolyphosphate.

12:00. For me the shots from Semenovka villages. 11 shots from large-caliber weapons. Just slammed as with cannon, explosion is not likely.

PS. In Nikolaevka drove heavy machinery. Called friend says APCs are located behind the Park.

12:15. The fight is on. Periodically. Automatic rifle fire, some heavy shots, some deaf claps with small black cloud. Semenovka and East. Then a break for a few minutes and then short firefight. On the Modern road in the direction of Cherevkovo drove some heavy machinery (from behind the tree tops) in the amount of 1 piece with the flag of FedSup.

12:20. Side Andreevki towards the TV tower noticed the movement of some ground vehicles. One of the helicopters flew from the tower and hung closer to a career at low altitude. Periodically heard gunshots

13:00. On Freedom street from direction Cherevkovo two "armor" returned. On the "armor" is killed or wounded, could not see

14:50. Over Raygorodka 2 helicopters, one white with blue and one green, shoot rockets at the farm yards, seen "black people" on the mountain.

City gas pipe exploded.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

From Slavyansk local forum:

« Ответ #1381 : Ð¡ÐµÐ³Ð¾Ð´Ð½Ñ Ð² 14:34:50 »

Address: Novoazovska,17, girl was killed by a sniper on the balcony. All the people around, please don't lean out.

« Ответ #1398 : Ð¡ÐµÐ³Ð¾Ð´Ð½Ñ Ð² 16:01:18 » In Semenovka when the city was shelled. Near deli a woman about 50 years old was killed on the street - not have time to return home. People said that a lot of killed and wounded civilians.

Not confirmed. Searching for info. One GF Mi-24 shot down. Made emergency land to river.

Edited by ArtTem

I guess that the Ukrainian Gov. needs some "heroic victories" to boost the morale. Same did for example the US in Iraq, I remember when they captured an airport and tank depot only with hummves and without any injured ( obviously there were no defenders xD ).

BTW Thank you ArtTem for the messages from the local forum.

Slavyansk local forum:

« Ответ #1411 : Ð¡ÐµÐ³Ð¾Ð´Ð½Ñ Ð² 17:17:06 »

They shot down a helicopter above Raygorodka flew, he fell into the river Donets, pilots alive!

Ukraine Ministry of Defence:

http://www.mil.gov.ua/index.php?lang=ru∂=news⊂=read&id=34416

Today, may 5, at about 14.30, during a combat mission on approach to objective target in the area of Slavyansk, the helicopter of Ukraine Armed Forces Mi-24 was shot down. As a result of falling of the helicopter in the river, military pilots survived. Operational brigade from anti-terrorist center evacuated crew to field camp.

Report from head of hospital in Slavyansk. (later i'll translate her report)

Edited by ArtTem

What exactly is FedSup and GF?

Government Forces and Federalization Supporters.

Slavyansk local forum:

« Ответ #1424 : Ð¡ÐµÐ³Ð¾Ð´Ð½Ñ Ð² 17:46:34 »

Just in case, something BOOM in center of the city well.

« Ответ #1425 : Ð¡ÐµÐ³Ð¾Ð´Ð½Ñ Ð² 17:48:39 »

Цитата: maxer от Ð¡ÐµÐ³Ð¾Ð´Ð½Ñ Ð² 17:46:34

"Только что в районе центра что-то грохнуло недурно."

Yes it was. Before this single shots were. And now I hear them.

Smdy made a photo of GF Crocodile emergency landing.

4392f4592f48t.jpg

Slavyansk hospital.

I guess about that helicopter "white with blue" people was telling on local forum.

http://youtu.be/JLVGTnB33_0

18-39

Siren. District Semenovka, Slavyansk.

http://youtu.be/_DuipLOOt5E

Car for coal, on a railway crossing (barricade), after a missile from a helicopter hit into the side.

The journalist speaks with english accent.

Jour: - Snipers still kills?

Smbdy: - Yes they still kills.

Jour: - Roger.

Edited by ArtTem

Pilot of Mi-24 that was shot down today tells how it had happened. They got a task to destroy BMP that was captured by locals, took a hit from something like heavy MG to the left side. After attempts to stabilise the course of damaged helo they landed at the swampy forest glade and escaped with the help of rescue team on Mi-8.

House of local civilian. He show damage and explaining what was going on.

And again journalist who speaks with english accent.

P.S. Video above. His cat was killed.

Truck took some little damage on Slavyansk street.

And again journalist who speaks with english accent.

Bullet holes in vans - east of Sloviansk

Man tells that Ukrainian army shot his home

Slavyansk today. Trying to find who, when and where.

<a  href=8ca0287cb2bct.jpg' alt='8ca0287cb2bct.jp

Edited by ArtTem

If it was a joke would be really funny...

( The Guardian ) Pro-Kremlin journalists win medals for 'objective' coverage of Crimea

The Russian president, Vladimir Putin, secretly gave prestigious awards to pro-Kremlin journalists for their "objective coverage" of the events leading up to the March annexation of Crimea, it has emerged.

Putin awarded medals of the "Order of Service to the Fatherland" to 300 journalists including several editors, directors and television hosts known for their Kremlin-friendly coverage in an executive order signed on 22 April that was not made public. After the well respected newspaper Vedomosti first published details of the awards on Monday, presidential spokesperson Dmitry Peskov confirmed that the order had been signed but declined to provide details.

i have spent today some time watching YT about those snipers ,

there is this famous movie with hotel, as i see , some minute before shooting few guys waring black with yellow stripes reached this position, on other movies Berkut or Police was identified like that - yellow stripes,

also i seen some policemen/Berkuts with SVDs and SV98 or AI AW-like

rioters if shown with guns , than mostly airguns i seen from Maidan YT movies, so maybe some insane policeman opened fire too , i wonder how is with investigation about maidan killings (bullets can identify barrel of rifle) so by bullets taken from bodies barrel can be identified and than identify from how much guns bullets that killed people were shot, cause so far i do not know what bullets killed people there, 5.45 from AK74S that police had or 7.62 from SVD or other, on one movie Police even had PKM

Edited by vilas

No, it's not a joke.

- Second channel

- First channel

- NTV

- RT

- Life news

Yep, precisely. Next will be give the Russian Peace Medal to Stalin or Beria.

- - -

( The Moscow Times ) Putin Bans the F-Word From Movies, Plays

President Vladimir Putin has signed a law on Monday prohibiting swearing in public performances, including cinema, theater and other forms of art.

The law will come into effect on July 1, and afterwards swearing in films, plays and concerts will incur penalties of up to 2,500 rubles ($70) for individuals and up to 50,000 rubles for companies and organizations.

A similar measure was passed in April 2013, banning swearing in media.

Edited by MistyRonin