Sign in to follow this  
esfumato

Arma 3 Cheating / hacking / Exploiting.

I have done this thread because the other threads that talk about cheating / hacking / Exploiting are closed or are from the alpha times. Haven't seen any current one about this issue.

Today i have been playing in a public server, a russian one. And I was surprised by the amount of players that where using cheats / hacks / exploits or whatever the name is.

I recorded some videos, but i am lazy to edit them and upload them to youtube.

So I have seen players

1.) ejecting others from vehicles at will.

2.) Creating huge amounts of money.

3.) Duplicating objects gear weapons.

4.) Using vehicles as normal no matter if they where damaged.

5.) Teleporting to vehicles.

6.) Shooting through armored vehicles with guns and killing the crew.

7.) Shooting through walls of buildings, I suppose the see through them.

And I suppose that they can use auto aim, refill ammo, see players through walls...

The worst of it was that the quantity of players using them was so fucking huge! nobody cares about that, there are no admins at the servers, I think that those cheaters have fun just at the expense of the idiots that dont cheat. They have the time of theyr lives while others just suffer theyr excess.

Is no fun at all playing in this situation.

Battle Eye should be removed from Arma 3 and replaced with Valve Anti-cheat (VAC) at least those players get in their steam profiles that they have been banned for cheating at some point and it gets sticked to their steam account forever.

I saw a Natural Selection player that was suspicious of cheating. His shotgun always did full damage, everytime he shot all the pelletes hitted the target no matter the distance, and that happends in that game only if you are really close while shooting, I took a look of his Steam ID and that was it, he had been banned by VAC for cheating.

6chj.jpg

Here some links about hacking Arma 3 and some videos.

DO NOT LINK TO HACKING/CHEATING SITES or MATERIAL

Edited by Esfumato

Solutions. WTF! And by the way why have been the videos of ppl cheating removed?

Solutions. WTF! And by the way why have been the videos of ppl cheating removed?

Forum rule 6:

§6) No posting of explicit media or hacking/cheating content

You can continue the discussion for a while, although the BattleEye vs VAC discussion is nothing new.

I have done this thread because the other threads that talk about cheating / hacking / Exploiting are closed or are from the alpha times. Haven't seen any current one about this issue.

Today i have been playing in a public server, a russian one. And I was surprised by the amount of players that where using cheats / hacks / exploits or whatever the name is.

I recorded some videos, but i am lazy to edit them and upload them to youtube.

So I have seen players

1.) ejecting others from vehicles as wish.

And I suppose that they can use auto aim, refill ammo, see players through walls...

The worst of it was that the quantity of players using them was so fucking huge! nobody cares about that, there are no admins at the servers, I think that those cheaters have fun just at the expense of the idiots that dont cheat. They have the time of theyr lives while others just suffer theyr excess.

Is no fun at all playing in this situation.

Battle Eye should be removed from Arma 3 and replaced with Valve Anti-cheat (VAC) at least those players get in their steam profiles that they have been banned for cheating at some point and it gets sticked to their steam account forever.

I saw a Natural Selection player that was suspicious of cheating. His shotgun always did full damage, everytime he shot all the pelletes hitted the target no matter the distance, and that happends in that game only if you are really close while shooting, I took a look of his Steam ID and that was it, he had been banned by VAC for cheating.

http://imageshack.com/a/img208/5841/6chj.jpg

Here some links about hacking Arma 3 and some videos.

DO NOT LINK TO HACKING/CHEATING SITES or MATERIAL

I have 171 Arma 3 hours on Steam and in that whole playtime I have maybe seen 1-2 cheaters! And I'm pretty sure that was before BE was even enabled. Cheating in Arma 3 isn't a problem at all, BE is working great.

Do you really think VAC would do better than BE (it wouldn't)? Do you really think cheaters will stop cheating because of a public steam flag?

Battle Eye should be removed from Arma 3 and replaced with Valve Anti-cheat (VAC)

Yeah, no.

I have 171 Arma 3 hours on Steam and in that whole playtime I have maybe seen 1-2 cheaters! And I'm pretty sure that was before BE was even enabled. Cheating in Arma 3 isn't a problem at all, BE is working great.

Yeah, sure, 1 or 2 cheaters... and only while Battle Eye was not activated? you must be lying, With battle eye activated in Arma 2 I saw ppl making vehicles falling from the sky to kill another players, and breaking down whole servers making them unplayable at all, and with the Arma 3 alpha I just connected multiplayer once and I only satayed there for maybe 10 seconds enough to see that players were being transformed into birds by some hacker. I dind't touched Arma 3 multiplayer again until the first episode of the campain was realesed.

And right now with the final version and some updates you can see a 70 players server with 40 players using cheats without any kind of shame, maybe another 10 using them "sneaky style".

So Battle-Eye is doing fairly good for sure.

That amount of cheaters in a server made the game unplayable even for cheaters!

Do you really think VAC would do better than BE (it wouldn't)? Do you really think cheaters will stop cheating because of a public steam flag?

Cheaters will still do it no matter what, but that is not the point. I think that having a record of ppl that have been caught cheating that never leaves could be used for admins to have a clue about who have commited cheat in their servers or not.

If you see someone that is unrealistically skilled while playing you only have to check his profile and verify his past like I did with that player, then kick him or bann him if you are an admin.

It was a russian server. That should have told you everything you needed to know.
This really, says it all ;)

Well but that doesn't mean only russians cheat, everybody cheats everywhere, the diference is that russians don't take care about hiding that behaviour and western ppl just try to not get caught.

You can use cheats to kill the crew of a tank with just a pistol so everybody notice you are cheating or just teleport 600 meters away and use an RPG, both are cheating but one is harder to detect.

and with the Arma 3 alpha I just connected multiplayer once and I only satayed there for maybe 10 seconds enough to see that players were being transformed into birds by some hacker. I dind't touched Arma 3 multiplayer again until the first episode of the campain was realesed.

The alpha had no cheat protection, BattleyEye or otherwise, just like the unsecured servers you are complaining about now. This topic is pointless.

Edited by Harzach

Yeah, sure, 1 or 2 cheaters... and only while Battle Eye was not activated? you must be lying, With battle eye activated in Arma 2 I saw ppl making vehicles falling from the sky to kill another players, and breaking down whole servers making them unplayable at all, and with the Arma 3 alpha I just connected multiplayer once and I only satayed there for maybe 10 seconds enough to see that players were being transformed into birds by some hacker. I dind't touched Arma 3 multiplayer again until the first episode of the campain was realesed.

And right now with the final version and some updates you can see a 70 players server with 40 players using cheats without any kind of shame, maybe another 10 using them "sneaky style".

Cheaters will still do it no matter what, but that is not the point. I think that having a record of ppl that have been caught cheating that never leaves could be used for admins to have a clue about who have commited cheat in their servers or not.

If you see someone that is unrealistically skilled while playing you only have to check his profile and verify his past like I did with that player, then kick him or bann him if you are an admin.

Well but that doesn't mean only russians cheat, everybody cheats everywhere, the diference is that russians don't take care about hiding that behaviour and western ppl just try to not get caught.

You can use cheats to kill the crew of a tank with just a pistol so everybody notice you are cheating or just teleport 600 meters away and use an RPG, both are cheating but one is harder to detect.

No hacking software is 100% hack proof, especially when games can be modified as much as ARMA games can be. You should try and join a clan or play on clan servers instead of the servers shown in the in game MP interface. I have only ever seen a few hackers myself on public servers since Battleeye was implemented TBH.

As for VAC, yeah wait till you get wrongly accused of cheating - Then lets see how much you like it when you can not longer play your games on secured servers and only ones with no anti-cheat or with their own anti-cheat program.

Anyway with ARMA 3 being as modifiable as it is, VAC would probably stop most of us from playing MP from the word go and then we'd all be playing on unsecured servers with the hackers and cheaters.

... with the Arma 3 alpha I just connected multiplayer once and I only satayed there for maybe 10 seconds enough to see that players were being transformed into birds by some hacker.

That was actually a bug in the alpha. It happened when someone with the wrong version (dev / non-dev) joined the server. No hacking involved, but certainly annoying.

It was fixed fairly quickly, as I recall.

I have played over 1,036 hours in ArmA 3 and i met just 1 cheater in Beta stage, because it was the only one time i've joined in a public match, in my group, i'm the server admin and we never met any kind of cheater, because if you want to play with us you have 1st to come in our TS3 present yourself and then we give you the pwd to enter the server, if you don't want cheaters join a group/clan

I've seen very few blatant cheats, and I'm not one to go around yelling "hacker!" every time someone kills me, so I disagree. This is over like 300 hours of play so far, mostly KOTH and Breaking Point.

I mean, really, extremely few cheats in competitive PvP MP (but I avoid Russian servers).

I have played over 1,036 hours in ArmA 3 and i met just 1 cheater in Beta stage, because it was the only one time i've joined in a public match, in my group, i'm the server admin and we never met any kind of cheater, because if you want to play with us you have 1st to come in our TS3 present yourself and then we give you the pwd to enter the server, if you don't want cheaters join a group/clan

Than you dont have a "public" server wich people can join freely ;)

But we run a open to public server and the last time we had a hacker/cheater in was way back in the A/B stage, we have BE running and this has stopt some people suspected of hacking/cheating from getting in.

Like said best is it to keep it to "clan" servers they most of the times have a admin online or watching on the background on TS.

Send with Tapatalk.

I'm not lying, and please don't compare A2 to A3. A2 had a massive cd key theft problem and most admins failed to use BE filters. I'm starting to think the server you were on didn't have BE setup properly.

Cheaters would be hard as hell to spot in this game unless they have god mode and you and others put clips into them on several occasions but yet they kill you and take no damage. Even if you put clips into them one or two times without killing them it is still iffy because of lag/frame rate drops.

The only game where you can easily spot a cheater is CoD where you can watch kill cams and see aim bots, UAV hacks and etc.

I like to tell myself during bad games that the other team has hackers/cheaters. The sooner I look past my anger, pride and stubbornness then the sooner I can think better to adapt to what they are really doing.

As for all the things you mentioned in your original post, this game is so buggy it would very naïve to assume these things are caused by hackers.

Edited by Beavis_5000

1.) ejecting others from vehicles at will.

People being ejected from vehicles could possibly be due to their leader ordering them to dismount (used to be an issue in A2, don't know if it still happens in A3). Duping objects & gear sounds like it's more of a mod / game mode problem and not something that BIS is responsible for. Also I have been shot and injured by AI while sat in an armored vehicle and all I could guess was that it was because I was under prolonged heavy fire, either that or it was a bug, doubt the AI was running hacks lol so doesn't mean players are. And shooting through walls is something I do on a regular basis if I know roughly where someone is if it's not safe to enter myself.

There is always going to be cheaters but I can only recall seeing one hacker in multiplayer since the full release, but I'd expect that to have been much more if I was playing on public Russian servers as they are known to have problems with cheaters in many games.

Of course it doesn't mean only russians cheat. But in the world of cheats, hacks, piracy, whatever, from what I've seen, like you say, Russians don't take care about hiding that behavior.

I saw an obvious cheater only one time on the TDM server during the Alpha. If they exist, they are very careful.

Man, I don't know on what servers did You play, but there's absolutely no reason to belive You are right about those numbers. It simply doesn't happen, not on such scale. Statistically, that's pretty close to impossible, unless You find the mekka of banned russian cheaters. And it certainly doesn't happen on most servers and for sure not on the good ones (cheers Ahoy, Zeus, 7th Cav and 3rd Para). Edited by JonPL

I also find it hard to believe the numbers OP is throwing in the air, I've encountered maybe 3-5, definitely less than 10 cheaters after the launch of BE, as far as I remember all of them kicked and banned promptly.

Before the BE of course there was quite a few cheaters roaming around, BE is working very well in my opinion.

Well it may increase. Dayz Deja-Vue... I see kids get attracted by Altis life, also the let's players for the masses.. like gronkh (in Germany) drag a lot of new user... potential.

Edit: just reread, and you mention they create a lot of money. So its very likely Altis life. A Deja-Vue indeed. Sigh.

But as long as all cheaters stay in their Altis life trashbin I'm fine with it.

Edited by tortuosit

??? what did you expect from a game thats heavly relying on mods and is filled with custom server or client sided scripts to be exploited

soons as you treat this game as the next PvP casual mainsteam game , cheating and hacking will happen