Spartan0536

ArmA III Ballistics Overhaul WIP

Would you use this ballistic code in your mod?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use this ballistic code in your mod?

• Yes
    • Not Sure, perhaps you could site your findings more in depth
    • No

Reminds me of that time an officer told me that if you shoot a 9mm from a Glock 17/19 at the front of a car, it would go straight thru the the front, the engine block and out of the back of the vehicle.

Of course I knew it was bullshit but I kept that to myself :D

Sorry for off topic, but I thought it was funny to share.

@Brisse, I got a kick out of that, a 9mm FMJ will punch a standard automotive door easily, 2 doors is also common, Law Enforcement are told not to use car doors as shileds, they do not work, an engine block will stop even a 9mm +P+ with a mild steel core.

Starting to test the 9mm HST Jacketed Hollow Points, here is a video on youtube of what kind of performance you can expect....

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

preliminary testing on the JHP and new FMJ ballistics shows interesting results. The Penetration on the JHP is very very realistic in concordance with the youtube video posted above, going though drywall the rounds become inaccurate like they would in RL because of the expansion that takes place, the FMJ just pass though like its not there, like expected. Here is where it gets interesting, the damage that FMJ is doing against CSAT Squad Leaders (they have light armor built into their uniforms plus a level II tac vest that is designed to withstand perhaps 1-2 pistol rounds) is about 4 shots sometimes 5 at 20-25 meters. I prefer a 20-25 meter shot distance as that is usually the maximum range I personally would engage with a sidearm, anything beyond that I would prefer my rifle. I am aiming for about 6 shots on level IV armor (Spec Rig), about 5 shots on level III and 2-3 on Level II (CSAT effectively have with the vest on level 2 + 1 but its not like level 3 its more like level 2.8) and 1 on level 1-0. The default 9mm rounds drop insurgents in 25m with 1 shot to the chest, and reports I have read on 9mm lethality show that in 25m 1 9mm to the chest with light to no armor has a PK rate of 70%.

I know 9mm is one of those rounds that most people shrug at and think its garbage, its not, its vastly underestimated like .22LR is, they both can kill even without head shots and it does not take 6-8 bullets to do it.

3 factors in determining lethality of a round....

1. Shot placement - you can survive most rounds as long as they do not rupture a vital organ if they pass though, shot placement is key.

2. Round composition - an FMJ will not cause as much cavitation as a JHP or my personal favorite for defense a Glaser Safety Slug. The defense loads usually run "hotter" with a lighter grain and use rapid expansion and high KE transfer to cause shock trauma to the target more effectively.

3. Combat Type - yes combat, it plays a major role, when engaging unarmored assailants JHP's would be a preferred choice, however if your target has level II armor an FMJ is a much better choice especially with a higher grain a slightly lower velocity due to the better ballistics coefficient and KE transfer to render the trauma plate ineffective against repeated assaults.

This is effectively how I am setting up damages on all my rounds. I use this method in conjunction with ballistics gel tests, range reports, combat reports, law enforcement shootout reports, and yes even youtube reviews. They all play a major role in how things are decided, the last bit comes down to testing in ArmA III. Please rememeber unless I state something is FINAL it is to be considering WIP, my 9mm FMJ and JHP are getting close to final with my 5.56x45mm rounds being close behind especially the Mk262 Mod 1.

Edited by Spartan0536

So what will it take to make this into a full fledged addon? I'd love to be able to have a wider selection of ammunition, that actually has a purpose! I wonder if Massi has seen this thread?

So what will it take to make this into a full fledged addon? I'd love to be able to have a wider selection of ammunition, that actually has a purpose! I wonder if Massi has seen this thread?

As far as I know Massi has not commented on this nor voted, my mod right now is not too terribly popular, it is gaining some notoriety every day. I am surprised that not very many people have decided to edit the ballistics data with real world ballistics, given it is time consuming, but its not that hard if you know where to look and have some experience with shooting. I do have plans to work on many different calibers, for now is mainly going to be NATO calibers plus some civilian ones mainly used in handguns and sub machine guns. Russian military ballistics data can be a pain in the ass to come by and will take lots of time to accrue so I am putting it about last on the list.

---------- Post added at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

Update: this is interesting, ArmA III lists default 9mm as 9x21mm which is wierd, it has a penetration of 1.7 with a default speed of 380m/s which is faster than any of the rounds I am using so its a very very light round with a dense core from what I am seeing. Hit damage is a base 6. Where this gets real interesting is the armor penetration is better by default than with my ammunition, this is not necessarily a bad thing, when put to the test in combat against body armor, my rounds are about 35-40% more lethal. In effect I believe my 9mm rounds at Version 1 to be pretty much on the "money". They will not penetrate industrial steel doors unlike default (this is due to the high penetration with greater velocity than is carried in a 9mm, they may be using +P where I am not), however they put more damage on target through armor. I also tested my 5.56x45mm Mk262 Mod 1 rounds in a similar fashion and they penetrate about 60% deeper which remember the 9mm FMJ is a bigger bullet with a solid flat point jacket not a reverse canneleured one so 5.56x45 performing only marginally better with a round designed for light penetration and fragmentation shows that my ballistics are fairly true. 9mm by default had better penetration and slightly less damage than 5.56x45, this made no sense...

Edited by Spartan0536

very nice initiative! one thing ive always wanted was accurate to real world specs and standardised voer most mods. that way no matter how amazing the mod is made, you can be sure of getting true terminal performance and true to life charcaterstics. itd really unite the mods in a way thats not been tried for a long time.

Spartan keep up the good work and thank you that you try to make arma3 to a better place ;) for simulation freaks like me and my group.

its not entirely true to life performance but it is very close. There are things that ArmA's code can't replicate that happens in real life. One of my biggest obstacles is object density vs its image portrayal; for example, you see a steel door, it looks like its as thick as your home door, in real life a 9mm FMJ passes through it like a hot knife through butter, in ArmA it has difficulty if it even passes at all, yet if I set the values higher 9mm then has the potential to start chipping away at armor plating. Another example is the steel shooting traps they give you, my 9mm FMJ bullets will go through 2 and stick into the 3rd, in real life the same thickness of plates would most likely stop the 9mm FMJ on the first one. This does not mean my 9mm in game is not realistic, ArmA is a vast complex environment and in BIS's defense it can be easy to be critical of things like shooting through doors saying I know my gun can do that, whats the deal here? For me I am focusing more on damages to individuals over object penetrations as this is the main focus in ArmA, you put rounds down range to incapacitate the threat, not to put holes in objects of various densities; I hope this will help clear up any concerns about how my ballistics perform in game.

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

Ok so now that 9mm is effectively finished for now (I may return to add in the 7N armor piercing series for sub machine guns), I have started finalizing 5.56x45mm NATO, here to help you understand my values I am going for are some real cutaway pictures for illustration....

M855A1 EPR

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/wolfganggross/cutaway18%2063012/cutaway1863012012.jpg (303 kB)

*Please note the one I am modeling the ballistics after is the one on the right which has the denser rear copper core, the one on the left is the M855A1 prototype with a tin/bismuth core. Level IIIa body armor did not stop this round, this is one of the only rounds of 5.56x45 to ever break through a concrete cinder block (solid) with terminal force.

just to illustrate the penetration capability of the M855A1 EPR here are 2 other reliable sources of information easily found, most home testing has confirmed their performance, some people do not like the fact that this round is still yaw dependent to cause wounding, and due to its 3 stage design it has accuracy issues at range (something I can not add to the round in ArmA 3, that is set by the weapon itself).

http://www.gunsandammo.com/files/2012/03/Comparison-chart.jpg (1171 kB)

M855A1-7.jpg

Mk318 Mod 0 SOST

cutaways14019.jpg

*Please note that this bullet uses a lead core as the initial penetrator/fragmentator which then allows the copper slug to punch though the "blind barrier" and cause terminal shock on the target behind it, testing showed that light Level III body armor did little to stop this round from penetrating according to US Army NATICK testing.

Mk262 Mod 0 SPR

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/wolfganggross/cutaways9JW1210076.jpg (131 kB)

*Please note that this bullet uses nothing but a solid lead core, it is a heavier grain bullet than either the M855A1 and Mk318 Mod 0, however it is not designed for penetration more over than cavitation in soft tissue. Level III light armor was moderately effective at stopping this round according to US Army NATICK testing.

All images here are property of a user on AR15.com by the handle of wolfganggross....

Edited by Spartan0536

What the heck is terminal shock? Google results are full of astronomy articles.

Spartan do not rely on environmental objects for testing, because many of these objects use materials with a fixed thickness. For example a door may look 25mm thick, but it's using a 80mm thick material for ballistics. I fear you're going in the wrong direction with your caliber values. It's my opinion that at the end of the day your ballistic values should be set up for people, since that's what you'll be shooting at most of the time and not shacks & doors, so focus on meat and metal penetration. What I'm getting at is that you should base your caliber value on real life gel & metal penetration, because on paper your 9x19mm looks more like a 9x39mm.

You say you're implementing realistic values, which the 5.56 has, but then you stray from realism to boost another ammo type based on personal belief. :confused:

My ballistics information is easily within a 5% margin of error making them as realistic as possible within a "simulator".
The reason the caliber is so high and it seems concerning its because pistols by their very nature are supposed to give a solid backup... Please keep this in mind when reviewing my ballistics, pistols in CQB are meant to be about as deadly as rifles. If pistols are supposed to be much weaker than rifles then no one would use them.

I'm really just attempting to ascertain what your end goal is, is it realistic or improved ballistics?

What the heck is terminal shock? Google results are full of astronomy articles.

Terminal shock is what happens when a bullet cavitates so violently inside the target that the immediate shock itself causes a "total synaptic shutdown" incapacitating the target. What makes this unique is that the bullet does not.necessarily have to hit any vital organs to cause this. Terminal shock is also not instantaneous death, just incapication with a probability of death depending upon where the projectile struck.

The actual medical term for terminal shock is called Hydrostatic Shock, here is a link for you to expand your knowledge on..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrostatic_shock

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

[/color]

Spartan do not rely on environmental objects for testing, because many of these objects use materials with a fixed thickness. For example a door may look 25mm thick, but it's using a 80mm thick material for ballistics. I fear you're going in the wrong direction with your caliber values. It's my opinion that at the end of the day your ballistic values should be set up for people, since that's what you'll be shooting at most of the time and not shacks & doors, so focus on meat and metal penetration. What I'm getting at is that you should base your caliber value on real life gel & metal penetration, because on paper your 9x19mm looks more like a 9x39mm.

You say you're implementing realistic values, which the 5.56 has, but then you stray from realism to boost another ammo type based on personal belief. :confused:

I'm really just attempting to ascertain what your end goal is, is it realistic or improved ballistics?

My goal in realistic values, the rha plating helps quite a bit in testing, however during my testing I also look into damage ti unarmored targets, light armored, and full armored, as well as environmental variables; it what I dub as "full spectrum testing". My 9mm rounds actually pentrate LESS than BIS default, they do a little bit more damage which equates into more lethality, and they also move MUCH slower with the JHP's having a much more invasive airfriction value making it slow down quicker. You really can't rely on default BIS settings as some of their values have proven to be way off. The M855A1 as stated above can penetrate 3/8 RHA at 350 meters, that equates to 9.5 mm of RHA, by calculation the M855A1 is capable of penetrating 14.5 mm of RHA at the muzzle.

This video should show you not only my favorite defensive round that I personally use for home/personal defense but also what hydrostatic shock looks like in ballistic gel from various calibers.....

Edited by Spartan0536

Oh, that bullshit. Why not use the term everyone refers to (and mostly dismisses it) by?

It has often been asserted that hydrostatic shock and other descriptions of remote wounding effects are nothing but myths. An article in the journal, Neurosurgery, reviews the published evidence and concludes that the phenomenon is well-established. Neurosurgery is a well established publication that many as you might have guessed neurosurgeons read to keep up with the latest medical findings. Hydrostatic Shock has many many medical backings due to defensive and combat reports, even the US Military acknowledges the "phenomenon" you so easily dismiss. There are plenty of ballistics experts (of which I do not claim to be, I only claim novice status) and professional hunters that completely agree with the theory of hydrostatic shock.

Yeah, in perfect situations it can affect the brain and liver. But if you've been shot near the brain, you're a casualty anyways.

It's just a quirk of the human body and one of those many things that might happen sometimes. But it's not a property of a bullet that can be relied upon or designed for, and any manufacturer who says so is lying.

It's like calling a 5.56mm round a tank killer because it might sometimes hit the optics and is small enough to fit in the aperture.

Now I'm more confused than ever, I'm reading a lot of contradicting statements, please understand that I'm trying to assist you.

Again you say that you want realistic values, but then all I read after that is that you don't want to use realistic values. If you're deviating from realism because you want something different that's 100%, but please state clearly that your 9mm is not realistic.

Bohemia's values were conjured with the "Arma is a game" mentality.

OK here is the ACTUAL MATHEMATICAL data in game for the M855A1 based on REAL WORLD performance....

we know that the standard zero for the M855 and M855A1 is 300 meters, the ballistic coefficient of the M855A1 according to Alliant Techsystems (ATK) is .307, muzzle velocity of the M855A1 is 3150 ft/s (ArmA has no calculation for standard deviation). calculation a sea level shot flat trajectory at 1 MOA zero with a correction of 12.95 the bullet zeros out at 300.3 meters with a velocity of 732.63 m/s and that in RL correlates to 3/8 RHA or 9.525 mm of RHA penetration with a KE potential of 795.249 ft/lbs (1078.1986 Joules).

My 5.56x45mm rounds thus far as I can test are pretty spot on, I know that the high numbers of the 9mm look daunting however if I was to send you the .pbo I use to test them (RH P226 9mm) you would see that they are in fact working very very close to realistic values based on what the manufacturer and end users have stated.

I've tried to hear you out but I've come to the conclusion that you have created a fantasy 9x19mm round and you're persisting on calling it realistic, thus I feel obligated to advise people who are considering using your data to be cautious.

This video should show you not only my favorite defensive round that I personally use for home/personal defense but also what hydrostatic shock looks like in ballistic gel from various calibers....

But... humans aren't made of gel...

I'll stop hijacking.

But... humans aren't made of gel...

I'll stop hijacking.

:rolleyes:

I've tried to hear you out but I've come to the conclusion that you have created a fantasy 9x19mm round and you're persisting on calling it realistic, thus I feel obligated to advise people who are considering using your data to be cautious.

Ok why don't you break down your concern with the 9x19mm rounds, which ones, and for what values are you concerned with, I will try to address your concerns then...

Addendum: I was watching tests of level IIa and Level IIIa body armor against 9mm FMJ, it seems at point blank standard FMJ does NOT penetrate level IIIa or Level IIa armor, I am adjusting penetration values accordingly and will re-test on "insurgents" wearing a tactical vest, and CSAT with tactical vests. The reason behind only using the tactical vest versions is that they are simulated (supposed) level IIa, CSAT have level Ia (supposed) built into their combat battle dress, this should give as close as possible the realistic penetration values of 9mm.

There is 1 issue and its with ArmA code, even if a bullet does not penetrate a vest it will still do damage to the target that can end up killing them because ArmA uses a "hit point" system, I can not work around this with ballistics.

Finalizing the 5.56x45mm rounds, according to NATICK testing, private testing with IWBA and FBI standards (where applicable), and my in game testing on various live targets I feel very comfortable in saying they are within a 10% margin of error. The M855A1 was able to penetrate 12mm of RHA at 150m and kill the light armored solider within 4 shots, the rounds did not penetrate at 250 meters this is very very very close to what NATICK specified the performances of the M855A1 were.

Final report before release 1.0 of 5.56x45mm NATO...

MK262 Mod 1

VERY lethal against unarmored targets, kills in 1 shot to the chest easily out to 400m, armor penetration on level III with SAAPI plates is about 5 shots at 350m, default 5.56 was killing in 7-8 at the same range

Mk 318 Mod 0

Very lethal against unarmoed targets, kills in 1 shot to the chest out to 400m, armor penetration on level III with SAAPI plates is about 5 shots @ 350m, very similar performance at medium range when comparing to Mk262 Mod 1, like its real life counterpart this round is most effective at ranges from 0-300m and is designed for enhanced performance out of shorter barrel rifles.

M855A1 EPR

Very lethal against unarmored targets, kills in 1 shot to the chest out to 350m-400m with some variation, armor penetration on level III with SAAPI plates is about 4 shots @ 350m, this round is a general purpose round like its real life counterpart, it has the best penetration rate of all 3 rounds but it is yaw dependent on damage so it also has the lowest hit factor to compensate for this as best as possible.

I believe this to be as best as I can refine these rounds to real life specifications, I can guarantee 100% accuracy on the velocity and friction rates as they are mathematically proven (unless you feel you have the knowledge to re-write every mathematics rule ever "set in stone"). The damage values are approximated according to combat reports and range reports in ballistic gelatin in accordance with FBI and IWBA (where applicable) standards. Penetration values are based on mathematical calculations at range based on combat reports and US Army NATICK testing, the penetration values are not absolutely 100% correct, there is a margin of error that I would place between 10-15%, these values are hard to get 100% correct, especially since body armor in the game is not like real body armor and ArmA uses a heath point system. code to follow soon.....

5.56x45mm NATO v1.0 Final

M855A1 EPR

hit = 9.72;
typicalSpeed = 960.12;
airFriction = -0.0007713274;
caliber = 0.998;
deflecting = 20;
visibleFire = 3;
audibleFire = 7;

Mk318 Mod 0 SOST

hit = 9.94;
typicalSpeed = 950.3664;
airFriction = -0.000773845;
caliber = 0.877;
deflecting = 16;
visibleFire = 3;
audibleFire = 5.5;

Mk262 Mod 1 SPR

hit = 10.17;
typicalSpeed = 838.2;
airFriction = -0.0006541367;
caliber = 0.769;
deflecting = 14;
visibleFire = 2.5;
audibleFire = 5;

Edited by Spartan0536

I am now making a new thread in COMPLETED for my release versions that are at least 1.0 (excluding 9x19mm for now as Bakerman pointed out to me that it has WAY too much penetration). This thread will be used for WIP values so you can track progress and discuss potential issues with values...

I have deleted my V1.0 9mm rounds from the forum as they are no where near realistic, I will have new WIP values in soon that are drastically different.

Edited by Spartan0536

Please keep in mind this is still a BETA version, I have not finalized this yet use at your own risk. That being said these are performing according to ballistics testing videos and documentary reports that I have been mulling through, some thanks to the United States Marines! Current in game test reporting is as follows....

9x19mm FMJ

CSAT with no additional armor (just the built in level Ia Kevlar in their battle dress) takes 2 shots center mass to incapacitate

CSAT with a tactical vest simulating level IIa armor takes 4 shots to incapacitate

CSAT helmets take 2 shots to the helmet, considering these helmets are futuristic they likely have a MICH2002+ rating and are rated to stop a 9mm FMJ round.

Standard clothing/battle dress with no Kevlar weaving takes 1-2 shots depending upon distance (generally 50m+)

IOTV Armor (Level IIIa with Ceramic Plates) from AAF armored units take 6-7 shots to bring down (this is kind of simulating armor breakdown after repeated hits)

NATO Spec Rig armor takes 7-8 hits as its simulated Level IVa with ceramic plates.

9x19mm JHP

CSAT with no additional armor takes 1-2 shots center mass to incapacitate

CSAT with tactical vests take 4-5 shots to incapacitate

CSAT helmets take 2-3 shots, JHP rounds are not made for piercing like FMJ's, it does cause a good bit of damage though, on a test of 10 8/10 were incapacitated in 2 shots

Standard clothing/battle dress with no Kevlar weaving takes 1 shot even out to 40-50m)

IOTV Armor from AAF armored units takes about 7-8 shots to incapacitate

NATO Spec Rig armor takes 8 shots to incapacitate

As for barrier penetration, default 9mm penetrates 4 layers of shoot house walls and has a high kill potential, my current FMJ loads will penetrate into 2 not penetrating the 3nd pane, the JHP will penetrate the 1st with terminal force but will never make it through the second. This is very close to some videos I have watched and scrutinized for detailed information on 9mm deformity and penetration values.

9x19mm FMJ

hit = 5.49;
typicalSpeed = 304.8;
airFriction = -0.0011839875;
caliber = 0.745;
deflecting = 37;
visibleFire = 2.6;
audibleFire = 4.85;

9x19mm JHP

hit = 6.49;
typicalSpeed = 350.52;
airFriction = -0.00157865;
caliber = 0.615;
deflecting = 34;
visibleFire = 3;
audibleFire = 5.1;

Edited by Spartan0536

I don't know how you're managing to get more shots to kill with the JHP against armoured targets as the 'armour' in arma 3 is basically more health so the higher the 'hit' value, the less shots it takes to kill

the armor is not over the whole character its localized, I aim for the "trauma plates" when testing so the armor value is at its highest, while Hit still has value even if its not penetrative it does mitigate, this is how I get the values in testing, its taken about 10 hours of tweaking and testing to get those values where they are.

STATUS UPDATE!

The current state of 9x19mm is pretty much good to go, I am however waiting on a personal mod that gives me RHA plating at realistic densities that I can use to accurately gauge penetration values and then adjust. This will have a profound impact on my ballistics even the V1.0 5.56x45mm rounds, even though they are close (within a 5-7% margin of error), with the new RHA plating in 1mm increments I can get that margin of error down to 1-2% for EVERY round I release, this will make ArmA III have some of the most realistic ballistics of any game EVER, with the exception of this mod for Half Life 2 which takes fragmentation, deformations, and other real world attributes into effect: http://www.moddb.com/mods/occupation-source(I also did the ballistics overhaul for this mod). With the XMEDSYS mod, and other mods like it, ArmA III will topple the realism of even Occupation Source and take its rightful place and the king of all shooters and military simulators, and it all starts here, as a community. I would like to thank everyone in the ArmA community for being freaking awesome and helping make this game what it is and what it will be!

Now onto the final bit.... here is the preliminary list of calibers I will be working on over time (listed in no particular order for completion):

Rifle/Carbine Rounds

5.45x39mm Russian

5.56x45mm NATO (due to this I will not add .223 rounds, same bullet just NATO has a higher pressure curve)

6x35mm KAC

6.5x39mm Grendel (this may or may not happen as the caliber is not extensively used in mods only in BIS default, unless someone comes up with a replacement PBO)

6.8x43mm Remington SPC

7.62x35 (more commonly referred to as .300 AAC Blackout)

7.62x39mm Russian

7.62x51mm NATO (due to this I will not add .308 rounds, same bullet just NATO has a higher pressure curve)

7.62x54R Rimmed Russian

.338 Lapua Magnum

.408 Cheytac (this could potentially replace the .408 Cheetah from BIS, again it will be PBO dependent)

.416 Barrett

.50 BMG

Handgun/SMG Rounds

.22LR

4.6x30mm H&K

5.7x28mm FN

.380 ACP

.38 Special

9x18mm Makarov

9x19mm Parabellum

.357 Sig

.357 Magnum

.40 S&W

.44 Magnum

.45 ACP

.454 Casull

.50 AE

.500 Magnum (S&W)

Edited by Spartan0536

This is the FINAL BETA RELEASE of my 9x19mm Parabellum ammunition. To be inline with my scope of work I have added 9mm FMJ +P+ which offers enhanced damage and penetration over standard FMJ. Both FMJ's are flat point which helps ballistic stability especially when going though soft tissue. I have based the 9mm and 9mm +P+ based off of a penetration video of 2 US Marines shooting an M9A1 loaded with standard 9mm FMJ, 9mm JHP, and 9mm FMJ +P+ against a single level IIIa body armor panel (Level IIIa is SOFT armor only, it has no ceramic inserts or "trauma plates"). The only bullet to penetrate the level IIIa body armor was the 9mm +P+, all shots were taken from 5 meters away in the video. Based on this information and using the RHA plates I have to test density with as well as actual targets I have found these rounds to be operating well within a 5% margin of error, in fact I believe these rounds to be in a 3% margin of error. During testing with JHP 9mm to a NATO spec rig vest it took 8 shots to incapacitate a target, with 9mm FMJ +P+ it took 6-7 (remember NATO uses level 4 armor with ceramic plates on spec rigs), I believe this to be as accurate as I can get these rounds to perform based on in game limitations of realism (BIS using a hit point system). Please remember these values are not yet finalized for public release, they are BETA and should only be used for testing. The +P+ rounds are SAAMI certified to be run in mid frame pistols and in sub machine guns, in pistols of any size however in real life they would suffer about a 40% increased wear rate over standard ammunition.

9x19mm FMJ Flat Point

hit = 5.48;
typicalSpeed = 304.8;
airFriction = -0.0011839875;
caliber = 0.754;
deflecting = 37;
visibleFire = 2.6;
audibleFire = 4.85;

9x19mm JHP

hit = 6.57;
typicalSpeed = 350.52;
airFriction = -0.00157865;
caliber = 0.607;
deflecting = 34;
visibleFire = 3.15;
audibleFire = 5.1;

9x19mm FMJ +P+

hit = 5.91;
typicalSpeed = 393.192;
airFriction = -0.0017671455;
caliber = 0.848;
deflecting = 37;
visibleFire = 2.85;
audibleFire = 5.65;

*Please note that the visible fire on the +P+ round is less than the JHP, the round I based this on is from Buffalo Bore and the claim reduced flash over standard ammunition, using 3 as a base I reduced the flash slightly due to the higher velocity and powder content, audible fire was greatly increased due to the "hotter" load.

Edited by Spartan0536
additional notation

This is absolutly awesome! :) As soon as you release data for 7.62 rounds I could create a mod which uses your ballistic data for the most common weapon mods (massi, RH, Mk18 and so on). ;)