Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

quick question about messages in the game. I get messages of a footpath a certain direction from me and men on it. Not sure what the meaning is, as looking at the map, there is no footpaths around me.

It's immersive way to provide the player from time to time some idea, if and roughly where (which direction) he can expect hostiles around. Or hidden camp near, if it's about smelling the smoke. If you read, so you saw a trail leading N-W, 3-5 men, that means, so roughly on N-W currently there is present a group of enemies counting 3-5 men (probably four, as this is typical team), not farther than 1000 meters from you (while smoke can be smelled in 500 meteres radius around a camp). And you have certainty, so it's pointed group closest to you at the moment. As enemy groups usually stay close to one of marked on the map locations, like towns or hills, you often can by analyzing such simple data get quite precise idea, where nearby enemy may be present currently.

Edited by Rydygier

Thanks for the explanation, it works great.

From my post I found the location, with nice off-road vehicle, but guarded by a group of men including an APC. Will have to come back once I find something to take out the armor.

Great mission, loving it!

Pilgrimage COOP updated to wip 3 (same link). Today we tried to resume saved game, in general it works, but for wip2 there is no yellow actions for client-side player. Session was short hough due to technical difficulties. Anyway, in the wip3 is added code, that probably should fix that problem with lacking actions after resuming. "Should" because I can't test it alone, so not sure. Abnother thing hopefully fixed/not tested though is assasination side quests. It was quite complex to get this right for MP, so not sure, if I succeeded.

One known issue: for one of southern starting locations in MP boat not stays on place, but drifts slowly away, and player have to chase it. :) Probably something wrong with boat direction setting... (solved, file reuploaded)

Edited by Rydygier

Hey Dayglow, just a friendly hint....

Don't think that you "must" take out the armored vehicle. It might be loaded with goodies. Try to pick off the enemy, loot the bodies and sell all their gear, then drive off in their vehicle! Na na na na na na.

By the way, I am playing the Beta version of Pilgrimage MP (icing on the cake!) and would like to invite anyone to join me. My style is very very slow and methodical. My game time is generally around 8:00pm EST and I play for about 3 hours a night plus weekends. I don't know if I am allowed to post links but here it is to my Steam profile. Admin's correct me if I'm wrong.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982885069

I play with the following mods,.... ulPOT.jpg

The server will be called ..... Pvt. Partz

Edited by chik

Pilgrimage COOP updated to wip 3 (same link).

Quick shout-out to you Rydygier, putting out a coop version is absolutely mega-awesome! I'm trying to engage fellow players and once I do I'm happy to spend all my time testing for your coop Pilgrimage - that's basically all I need from Arma at the moment :)

Never mind!

I reported something which looked like conflicting addons and I noticed that I accidently started one addon too many. Switching it off solved the "problem".

Edited by Alpha-Kilo

i am stuck on the screen with "pilgrimage"

restart and work

Edited by teoleo

Rydie' I knew you would cave on the MP issue. I so appreciate your work!!! A few things that my friend and I have seen.

1) The fuel funds amount seems to be shared. We both have 9611ff exactly. We are able to hitch-hike together but haven't tested it being apart. In other words if I am in one part of the island and my buddy is say, 8 km away, will we end up at the destination together? I will test it out this weekend. I'm kinda just jotting my thoughts down as they come to me so I won't forget.

2) When I get killed I just respawn at the same spot whee I died, in my undies. Is it possible to impose more punishment for dying by reviving at a random hideout and without any gear or at least without a map and maybe laying down and all groggy but slowly coming to. At least then we have to depend on our buddy to help us out. If we get killed before we establish a hideout maybe we could spawn in boat again, no gear and in our undies.

3) Will you making a new UI for MP as you have for SP?

"Should" because I can't test it alone, so not sure. Abnother thing hopefully fixed/not tested though is assasination side quests. It was quite complex to get this right for MP, so not sure, if I succeeded.

you can run a dedicated server and client on the same computer. I am sure there are many threads on how to do that.

you can run a dedicated server and client on the same computer. I am sure there are many threads on how to do that.

I know, and I'm doing that. But to test things like this I must play in the same time client- and (non-dedicated)server-side.

Thanks chik for the feedback. Pretty busy right now, but:

1. Yes it is shared. Hard to do it another way. If all is working fine, with hitchhiking unit are moved othet team members, if not farther than 250 meters from unit, that used hitch-hike action. Roughly.

2. Respawn is makeshift. Ideally would be simple "death is death" rule, but would be not funny force to start new session from the beginning/last saved spot just because one player died, while in SP it is enough to quickly load latest save. Any kind of additional punishment/alternative solutions is possible. Not decided yet. Spawning at boat or hideout may however lead to the situations, where players are on the opposite ends of the island. As loot/intel/whatever 3D markers, same as civilians/loot itself, AC etc. are server-centric, both players should stich together. And rather can't be done other way (two centers) due to performance and group limit for AC.

3. Don't know, how, so it will work nicely. MP mission initialization flow is mystery to me mostly, so no idea, where to put such GUI so it make any sense. When 3D apears first time, all initial population is done already, so too late for customization. Much simplier is to stick with provided mission parameters way.

I love this mission, is great, thanks Rydygier. I was wondering if it is possible to be ported to Chernarus, there are a lot of chapels...

Ports should be possible. When basic version will be finished (it's close) and for sure after MANW deadline.

is possibile to add a option to see the body mark on the map only when near the dead body??

Possible, just would be refreshed every 10-15 seconds, not immediately. But explain me first, why it's needed/worthy of implementation such option? And what exactly means "near"?

now, if i check the option to show all the dead bodies, i see ALL the dead bodies... but is more realistic i can see only the bodies near the my position... (sorry for my english)

Crosses are for representing memorized places marked on the Alex' map, not to point the bodies, that Alex at the moment can see. And, absolutelly, "all bodies" option isn't realistic also in such case, but not meant to be. If you prefer more reastically, choose "own kills only", representing Alex marking on his map every kill he made, or disable these marks at all and this way achieve exactly, what you want (or at least what you described) - to rely only on what you can see near your location or what you was able to memorize.

Edited by Rydygier

Somehow I think that my next issue is my problem because no one else is talking about it

My friend and I tried to continue a mission (Pilgrimage) that we started a few days ago but it would go to the Orange screen and freeze. My friend is hosting and on his end it says "sending data" while at my end it says "waiting for host". We tried it with at least 3 fresh starts,.....get to a church for a save and then exit.

Does anyone have any idea why we are having this problem? Also I would like to ask any Pilgrimage players to offer to start a new mission and test it so that we can eliminate whether it just "our" problem.

Thanks.

Crosses are for representing memorized places marked on the Alex' map, not to point the bodies, that Alex at the moment can see. And, absolutelly, "all bodies" option isn't realistic also in such case, but not meant to be. If you prefer more reastically, choose "own kills only", representing Alex marking on his map every kill he made, or disable these marks at all and this way achieve exactly, what you want (or at least what you described) - to rely only on what you can see near your location or what you was able to memorize.[/quote

but i have see on the map crosses even in areas where I had not yet visited

Yes, as said, "all" setting for these markers is not realistic because, exactly, shows every kill on the map regardless. That way it was by default at first. Now by default you see only own kills marked on the map. "All" setting was left just in case, some players prefer such way. If however no one will oppose, I could modify "all" setting, to show crosses at all bodies, not only killed by Alex, but only if Alex will be at least once present close enough to consider, he saw these bodies and marked them on his map. Sounds good to me.

---------- Post added at 20:50 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

Somehow I think that my next issue is my problem because no one else is talking about it

So far had no opportunity to test personally newest version, so hard to say. At least till next week I'm too busy to push forward any of my Arma projects.

Hi Rydygier

Just want to say I finally finished the mission woohoo!! I had a great time playing and wanted to say thanks!!

Feedback

I really enjoyed in particular the "hunt down this guy and kill him to prove your loyalty missions" I think you should build in more of those but just with smaller rewards to keep things balanced.

The final drive the body back to the boat part was a bit tedious and annoying when I got HMG'd / GMG'd without the chance to have periodic saves which is what you get with the church saves (a very nice feature by the way and means you need to stick to the objective).

AAR

Highlight for me was when I found a Hunter which was the perfect balance of speed and armour and I unwittingly hurtled into an enemy attack helicopter's attack range. The helicopter started blasting my Hunter and I managed to escape before it circled back around and knocked the vehicle out permanently. Then I took shelter until it went back to its base. I then stumbled upon a Titan AA and two rockets, and while on foot the AH came back for me... this time I took aim and the AA missile went off course due to counter-measures. The AH started to fire and I hid behind a building. It circled around and I fired with my last rocket, disabling but not destroying the helo. The helo desperately tried to swing around to deliver a death blow to its would be attacker but slowly lost altitude until I heard a satisfying BOOM from behind the building I was cowering behind. Great Arma moment!

Mods

I played the game with the following mods

bCombat 1.7 (essential to avoid frustration at super-AI - both super-dumb and super-good)

JSRS

Blastcore

Thanks for feedback. :) Great to hear, you liked Pilgrimage. As for saves, except saving at chapels check, you can save anytime manually, usual way, via main menu and/or enable autosaving every 20 minutes via 0-8 supports menu.

Yes, as said, "all" setting for these markers is not realistic because, exactly, shows every kill on the map regardless. That way it was by default at first. Now by default you see only own kills marked on the map. "All" setting was left just in case, some players prefer such way. If however no one will oppose, I could modify "all" setting, to show crosses at all bodies, not only killed by Alex, but only if Alex will be at least once present close enough to consider, he saw these bodies and marked them on his map. Sounds good to me.-------

sound good also for me :O)

---------- Post added at 14:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

sigh sob sniff, the new arma III version is not save compatible with my almost win game of pilgrimage.... :O((

sigh sob sniff, the new arma III version is not save compatible with my almost win game of pilgrimage.... :O((

Before you delete the old save, try reverting back to the previous version.

Insert the code Arma3Legacy130 in the Steam beta tab.

Before you delete the old save, try reverting back to the previous version.

Insert the code Arma3Legacy130 in the Steam beta tab.

thk, but is the same....now restart the game with the bcombat mod... :O)