Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Hmm. I do not know, how to make field manual-like implementation and it is not my work although contains some of my explanations. Anyway, that would be something outside the mission, most probably in addon form, so no go for MANW. However, if alky-lee agree, I could add this pdf into the mission's package except, of course, Workshop version, where it is impossible.

I am quite happy for you to do what you like with this. I did it mainly because there is a lot of good info in this thread, but it is not easy to go through to find it. So I have pulled all together into one document as a handy reference for players to look up if they want to find out how something works. There are a couple of things I didn't quite say, as some things are best left for players to work out themselves. I have learnt things myself by doing this and as a result I will probably do some more Pilgrimages with some other settings. I am trying a VERY HARD mission at the moment which is going very well. At least I have managed to pick up a map, radio, compass & watch and my first circle intel from an assassination mission, but I left Air Patrols to random and this time it has given me very long as I found out this morning as we were driving along miles from any airfield. Luckily I managed to hide in some woods and keep my hard won Strider, while the chopper took out all the local AAF including, I suspect, a heavily defended roadblock nearby. Could be a looting opportunity now the chopper has gone. I didn't see who called the chopper in though, could I have left some footprints for those Recon troops? I love how you don't know what is going to happen next in this mission, but lots does happen.

I have the text of the guide in an open document format if that would help to put it, or parts of it, in mission. I feel it would be a bit long to put the whole thing in though.

I think, in-game instructions are wordy enough already, some players even are asking me about things described there, just becasue it is to large portion of data an some has no patience to read this all or are just missing some informations. So as you agree, I'm going to add this fantastic pdf into mission package for dropbox and Armaholic links. And, of course, there is direct link to the online pdf in the first post.

You know, island is populated randomly each play, so there is no any particular point on the map, you can show and say "here it is!". But in the same time you're right. :) It's not planned "secret", just a side effect, that most probably will stay, because - why not. It's limited enough, so shouldn't destroy the balance, and if someone managed to figure this out, why not to reward him? I still may decide to reduce amount of ammo, it provides, 10 full reloads for GMG Hunter is a bit too much... It is up to you, if you want to share your knowledge with the others or allow them to discover it on their own. :)

The large storage box at the hideouts will re-arm vehicle ammo. Also will re-arm static weapons.

Excellent mission which made me install ArmA3 again. 12 hours in and still not finished! :D

Two question though, or perhaps a report. I used your incognito addon, which was frequently telling me wheter I was exposed or not (very useful!) but now it seems to have dissapeared mid game? Along with my ShackTac stamina bar (the only two visual addons I use).

And are there any other hostile groups apart from CSAT and AAF? I have yet to meet someone else..

Apart from that, let me also say how much I love the fact that attacking a garrison/patrol yields an possible attack helicopter/troop transport going after my ass. Makes me more cautious and less Rambo reckless while meeting the enemy. :)

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

I used your incognito addon, which was frequently telling me wheter I was exposed or not (very useful!) but now it seems to have dissapeared mid game? Along with my ShackTac stamina bar (the only two visual addons I use).

Not sure, how ShackTac could interfere, INCOGNITO is just looped script... Tried without it with same result as for incognito? And without any other addons? Also - what exactly means: disappeared? No longer messages or no longer incognito at all? If ShackTac GUI is disappeared in the same time, then there must be going on something bigger, than me, that affects both. You can also try under 0-8 Incognito messages level switch, if it is still there after such event. You said "now" - when exactly this started to happen? Some characteristic moment?

And are there any other hostile groups apart from CSAT and AAF? I have yet to meet someone else..

Depends. If you are playing with addons adding new factions (be awared however, some does bad things at mission init - massive lags, no sound etc), then you may meet those custom east/resistance factions too. But nothing is certain, as each group is randomized.

Oh sorry, I meant it no longer gives me warnings about being exposed etc.

It happened yesterday after I raided a camp and hid from a chopper (around 4 hours of playtime?). Then I advanced 6 hours (for healing purposes) and went on my way where I bumped into two hostile roadblocks and numerous soldiers - this is where I noticed there was no "you are exposed" while bullets and grenades whizzed past my car.

I also have to correct myself. ShackTac stamina HUD dissapeared much earlier in the day after I loaded my save. Oh well, it's no big deal.

Thanks for the answers. :)

Possible explanation is, you was for some reason already exposed (not incognito), when you encountered roadblock. Message is given only, when status is changed. This (status change) sometimes may be a bit erratic too, not found yet, why actually. Luckilly, bullets' whizz around you is reliable indicator of beeing exposed anyway. :P

And thanks for feedback. :)

Edited by Rydygier

If I may ask (don't want to do threadjacking), I am interested if my dynamic weather mod works nicely; its good for the immersion IMO. I think it does, I'm using it without problems, but still; I'm interested in if it survives savegames reliably and goes on with proper weather processing.

I'll try to test it next play with pleasure, but not sure, when it will be, may pass a week or so.

I have just completed a mission where I stopped finding loot, but I may just have been unlucky. It was a VERY HARD setting, loot icons were turned off and loot distribution was at 50% and I didn't go into too many buildings so it is possible that there was no loot for me to find in the buildings I went into. It was also a relatively short mission of less than 4hrs. I was finding loot at the start, but when I came back another day and resumed the mission, at some point I had stopped finding it and never found anymore. I thought I would mention in case anyone is having similar issues.

Mods I was using were bCombat 1.84, JSRS 2.1, TPW MODS, SThud, ST fatigue meter, VTS weapon resting, Outlawled Mag Repack & dynamic movement as well as Moduload. JSRS, bCombat, ST fatigue meter & dynamic movement were new mods. I had no problems with the other mods previously. I did have a few issues with sound so I have disabled JSRS and will try the next mission with vanilla sound. Obviously there were major changes to sound with the 1.24 update so there could be bugs in the game and it wouldn't be fair to blame a sound mod for that.

Luckily for me, the air patrol called out to kill me took out an AAF roadblock nearby, and also a nearby hideout so I was able to loot the roadblock for loot & intel and then walk unopposed into the hideout. A quick skirmish in Dorida, more intel from a surrendered TL and off to Pyrgos. I disabled a mobile artillery piece there and found the body at the church. I didn't get a save there or message about the body, but found it in a back street and loaded it into the vehicle anyway. I suppose the Stomper was nearby so it wasn't really safe. My guesswork manual marker for the boat turned out to be spot on, and I completed the mission with only about 8 kills and 5 reverts. Almost a ninja. :cool:

ShackTac stamina HUD dissapeared much earlier in the day after I loaded my save. Oh well, it's no big deal.

When you resume a mission after starting Arma (not normally an issue after loading within the mission after getting killed), not all mods get re-initialised. I use a mod called moduload to do this for me, but it didn't work with the ShackTac fatigue meter or some other mods in my latest mission, although it still works with mag repack & VTS weapon resting.

Hmm. I still need to test newest beta under 1.24. Not sure, if I'll be able next week, we'll see.

Meanwhile: "dev branch" updated to 1.85c beta4:

- fatigue effects switch added to supports menu (0-8).

Now player can any time switch off/on fatigue effects for whole group. Inspired by 1.24 fatigue changes :P

hmm. I still need to test newest beta under 1.24. Not sure, if i'll be able next week, we'll see.

Meanwhile: "dev branch" updated to 1.85c beta4:

- fatigue effects switch added to supports menu (0-8).

Now player can any time switch off/on fatigue effects for whole group. Inspired by 1.24 fatigue changes :p

thank you!!!!!!!

I tried out the incognito mod this morning. It was the quickest and easiest mission I've had to date, and the first time I've completed a Pilgrimage mission in a single sitting. Incognito seemed to work fine, but I did not receive any messages about being observed. In Pyrgos, the first message I got was that I had been exposed. I saw the patrol coming down the road towards me, turned the corner and legged it before they could open fire.Incognito allowed me to drive past the assassination target and select a good spot, and the same with a hideout I came across. Those were my only kills. My main concern was that I would come across the Stomper and not be able to deal with it. Luckily when I found the body, I had it loaded in the car and was heading across country when I came under fire. I just got on the road, over the hill and didn't see it again.

I had a problem with single figure FPS in Pyrgos, and never had any ambient combat take place even though I spent some time there. The low FPS may have been due to bCombat so I will disable that and try again. I have also disabled the dynamic movement mod, as it stopped working the first time I got killed and had to re-load from my last save.

I did not receive any messages about being observed. In Pyrgos, the first message I got was that I had been exposed.

Yes, under 0-8 you can switch level of notifications for Incognito. By default "you're observed" is disabled, as it's in fact 6th sense. Switch to easy, if you need to be notified also about that.

Yes, under 0-8 you can switch level of notifications for Incognito. By default "you're observed" is disabled, as it's in fact 6th sense. Switch to easy, if you need to be notified also about that.

I'm glad it's disabled by default, I would probably get paranoid if I kept getting told that people were watching me. Being exposed was enough for me to get away without too much trouble.

Seriously, I cannot stress enough how much I love this mission. The sandbox element mixed with the fact that it makes use of all the weapon/uniform/vest packs I have really gives the game a slight Far Cry element and makes up for a fun gameplay as well. Voted on the MANW contest as well!

(and almost 20 hours clocked on the mission alone - yes, it's my OCD of having to check every building and stockpile all the weapons in my captured Strider.:D)

Just a question: I just raided a huge military base/stronghold (about 14 soldiers and an APC), how do I find the possible companiom? Is there supposed to be a sign above him or something? There is like 20 buildings and shacks and I haven't found him yet. IF he's there at all. *shrugs*

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

Seriously, I cannot stress enough how much I love this mission. The sandbox element mixed with the fact that it makes use of all the weapon/uniform/vest packs I have really gives the game a slight Far Cry element and makes up for a fun gameplay as well. Voted on the MANW contest as well!

(and almost 20 hours clocked on the mission alone - yes, it's my OCD of having to check every building and stockpile all the weapons in my captured Strider.:D)

Just a question: I just raided a huge military base/stronghold (about 14 soldiers and an APC), how do I find the possible companiom? Is there supposed to be a sign above him or something? There is like 20 buildings and shacks and I haven't found him yet. IF he's there at all. *shrugs*

Potential teammates and officers are situated in a building within a 300m circle around the stronghold. It may not always be within the compound, but will not be far away.

BTW, still playing this, all the time! I'm finding my self actually trying to avoid finding my brother just to prolong the hunt. I have 7 hideouts, 4 vehicles, 40,000 ff, and countless cases of weapons and ammo. I think for the next go around I am going to select the partner option and see if I can eliminate ALL enemies!

Just to much fun.

Potential teammates and officers are situated in a building within a 300m circle around the stronghold. It may not always be within the compound, but will not be far away.

Unless it is an airfield, then there is no teammate.

BTW it is possible, so POW will die during fights in the stronghold. He is not marked in any way, just the only unarmed, FIA guy in the area, most probably inside some building.

Voted on the MANW contest as well!

Thanks. :) Appreciated.

I'm finding my self actually trying to avoid finding my brother just to prolong the hunt.

:)

Well, I did find them both in the end, and an UAV terminal to boot! :)

Just a last question before I wrap it up, about the Stomper: How exactly do I find it? Is it possible to get intel on its location as well? I did consult the guide (and this thread) and have absolutely no idea where to look for it..

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

It is more likely, it will find you... In general, UGV should patrol wide area around the body (rough radius about 1000 meters). No Intel about Stomper. Hidden way to find should be obtaining BLUFOR UAV terminal, I suppose, but it's very rare (possible only as loot). Of course, finding UGV is pure optional, there is no such objective.

Well, I did find them both in the end, and an UAV terminal to boot! :)

Just a last question before I wrap it up, about the Stomper: How exactly do I find it? Is it possible to get intel on its location as well?

If you are getting intel on the location of the body, then you are indirectly getting intel on the location of the Stomper. You don't need to find the Stomper, it will find you, normally when you find the body. In towns it may not always have a direct line of sight on you, so may only be ambient combat for you if you select your route out of town carefully.

If you get a UAV terminal, that will show you the location of the Stomper, and the body will not be far away.

Thanks guys! I already got the terminal and found the Stomper. Although it was already destroyed with a bunch of dead CSAT round it (Alex even commented on it. :P)

525zwVs.jpg

Suffice to say, my ragtag band of misfits was successful and made it back to the boat. I feel like I am repeating myself like a parrot or broken record but it was a great mission. Definitely will recommend and replay sometime again. :)

HsUsIDK.jpg

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

Mission updated to 1.85c:

- fatigue effects switch added to supports menu (0-8);

- there should be no intel about body location after body is found;

- fixed code checking, if there is enough space to unpack the hideout;

- removed some object collision risk for additional vehicles fast travelling to the hideout;

- events affecting reputation now are loosing significance slower and are never forgotten completely;

- civilians may now sometimes observe also near dead bodies;

- added "RANDOM" option to the each initial setting except "Caching mode" and "Landing area";

- "RANDOM" option for "Landing area" setting renamed to "UNKNOWN";

- rearranged settings order in the initial GUI;

- added Diary entry with "Setting review" log;

- added mission guide pdf;

- various code fixes and changes.