toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

The proposed production model of the AK-12 seems to change radically every few months. Better to wait until Kalashnikov Concern actually makes up their mind what the gun is actually going to look like before building a bunch of models from scratch. 

You are right about that. I just think is their last design model, because Larry Vickers got a chance to test and review it, and he's the only one who has done it. But we will see. Anyway, just to update with current status of AK-12 development.

• Like 1

heya guys,

i'm tryiing to setup a custom faction for me and my friends but when i try to add a weapon sight to the rails it will not show once i launch the game, currently my config is looking like this :

class hlc_rifle_CQBR;

class hlc_rifle_CQBR_complete: hlc_rifle_CQBR
{
displayName = hlc_rifle_CQBR_complete;
class LinkedItems
{
class LinkedItemsOptic
{
slot = "asdg_OpticRail1913_IAR";
item = "FHQ_optic_HWS_G33_DWN";
};
class LinkedItemsAcc
{
item = "FHQ_acc_ANPEQ15_black";
};
};
};

anybody got an idea on how to fix this ?

Greets Eliree

But if it is, do you plan to make a new models of your AK-12s ?

Why do something that is not in the army, and will not know it?

Especially if there are a lot of weapons , which is in the army , but is not represented among the add-ons.

When / if the AK-12 will be in the army in mass quantities when it is known for its appearance, what modifications are in service, then it would make sense to make an addon.

heya guys,

i'm tryiing to setup a custom faction for me and my friends but when i try to add a weapon sight to the rails it will not show once i launch the game, currently my config is looking like this :

class hlc_rifle_CQBR;

class hlc_rifle_CQBR_complete: hlc_rifle_CQBR
{
displayName = hlc_rifle_CQBR_complete;
class LinkedItems
{
class LinkedItemsOptic
{
};
class LinkedItemsAcc
{
};
};
};

anybody got an idea on how to fix this ?

Greets Eliree

Try this:

class LinkedItemsOptic

{

slot = "CowsSlot";

};

class LinkedItemsAcc

{

slot = "PointerSlot";

};

Why do something that is not in the army, and will not know it?

Especially if there are a lot of weapons , which is in the army , but is not represented among the add-ons.

When / if the AK-12 will be in the army in mass quantities when it is known for its appearance, what modifications are in service, then it would make sense to make an addon.

Thankfully modders are not limited to weapons which are in service. 

• Like 1

Thankfully modders are not limited to weapons which are in service. 

while that is true, if one wants to provide an accurate representation (not everyone does), it is very unproductive to consume time (my case) on a model will never be produced. At the time i started work as a sidekick project on my own AK-12 model (custom, made from scratch), the version ported by toadie was the only one known of. At the time i finished my HP model, not too far off, there were already images about the next prototype version. now i have shelved that project until it ak-12 reached a serviceable and fieldable status and it is out of the prototype production phase, because that is the sane thing to do if you ask me

• Like 2

Yup, true that.

Now I'm waiting to see how will AK-12 and AEK-545 look when they are accepted into service. They are going to replace AK-74M. And that's a big step when you have more than a million rifles in stockpile. It could be good, russia will have a large garage sales when they start to replace AK-74M. The rifles are still good but they are outdated.

Yup, true that.

Now I'm waiting to see how will AK-12 and AEK-545 look when they are accepted into service. They are going to replace AK-74M. And that's a big step when you have more than a million rifles in stockpile. It could be good, russia will have a large garage sales when they start to replace AK-74M. The rifles are still good but they are outdated.

That is false: no army in the world will drop that sort of stockpile all at the same time, especially RU where you can find all variants from AK74 to AK74M fielded across. Proof of that is the universal upgrade kit kalash concern (former izmash) is currently producing in pretty large numbers for AK74Ms (http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/09/06/new-photos-of-ak-74-upgrade-package-for-russian-army-courtesy-larry-vickers/).

AK-12 and AEK-545 will simply complement the existing and fielded weapon platforms, not replace. AK74 is as outdated weapon as the M16/M4.

i'm sorry toadie for sidetracking this

• Like 1

Yup, true that.

That's bull man, the only time you'll see the average Russian Soldier with either an AEK or AK-12 is at a parade. Saying they're totally replacing the AK-74 by next year is part of Russia's propaganda machine. Not something that's actually a practical goal. The US armed forces have no plans to replace the M4A1 and they have a much bigger budget and superior logistics compared to the Russian Federation. An entire stockpile of service rifles just doesn't get changed in a year, at least outside of a major war. And the thing is still in the prototype phase, it's still mostly on paper outside of the demonstration models.     

They will replace AK-74M, but both AK-12 and AEK-545 are still in prototype phase, they said that they will replace old AKs with these ones, but it is going be almost 10, 20 years until all units convert to new weapon.

I think that in 2016 the end user is in a better situation in terms of modern content is far better off then they were in 2015, and by 2017 we'll have the full library of content one needs to play any sort of US forces at least. Thing is that most of the Arma 2 content had the luxury of being ported from Arma 1. But Arma 3 is so far ahead of Arma 2 that that process doesn't provide the level of graphical fidelity needed anymore. I think in the next year Arma 3 will surpass Arma 2 in terms of equipment. Looking at HLC alone (to steer things back on topic), in the next year the list of stuff that's due to come out is a list of household names. (if your household is nothing but gamers) It's actually a pretty good time of be a Special Operations loving Arma player.

1. The MG3 ,which Toadie is currently working on.
  2. MK 46 and 48 light machine guns in the next SAW patch.
  3. The SIG SG 550, which is the current leader in the patreon vote.
  4. The FN P90 and FN SCAR family are tied second place at 7 votes each.
  5. The Remington ACR is currently on the side burner.
  6. According to Toadie, someone has commissioned the P226 family.

So yeah, unless the events of the first two Mad Max movies happen in the next 6 months, we're all doing fine.

Don't forget the MINIGUN

CdA-ttIUAAAa2vS.jpg:large

And that's not to mention all of the additions to the current packs he has planned;

• Rk.62 and Arsenal SLR107U for the AK pack (and variants of the pre-existing AKs with RIS optic support.)
  • PSG-1A1 and a wide handguard G3A3 for the G3 pack.
  • A full length FN FAL 50.00 and possibly 50.61 Para for the FAL pack.
  • A G36 variant with the 100 round CMAG (most likely the MG36) for the G36 pack.
  • Probably 'retro/standard' AR-15s like the M16A2 in the AR pack (his most recent video status update teased them, as well as a few screenshots with the rifles listed. Not 100% sure though.)
  • Probably the M1903A3 and A4 Springfield (he did say they were planned for later, but obviously his need to get the pack out relatively quickly put them on hold.)

So hell, in this first quarter alone we've already got a good amount of content coming or planned.

• Like 3

Yah, I've not been replying to things a lot recently, but that's only because I'm like at 200% getting everything up to speed. Keep in mind I've got a backcatalog of about almost RHS's size to maintain nowadays, and there's enough finetune touches that I've been going through ( adjusting the GL zeroing across the board, material changes, Soundshaders implementation, primary irons zeroing where applicable, cleaning up some inheritancies) that I really haven't had much time to do anything else, honestly.

Re: Retro AR15s, not going to make the pack update, but will be following in a fortnight. Priorities, and all that, stuff thats out first.

Good news though is that one way or another, the big patch is coming this weekend and some to most of everyone's bugbears SHOULD be good now. Except for that one guy who pointed out the AK47 Piston cover has no holes. It still has no holes.

Videos of some of the changes

PSG1 Changes

AK Soundshaders (early testing)

M134D = Unpractical and noisy

(No seriously, 1 ammo box per backpack.2 if it's a carryall.)

• Like 8

Yah, I've not been replying to things a lot recently, but that's only because I'm like at 200% getting everything up to speed. Keep in mind I've got a backcatalog of about almost RHS's size to maintain nowadays, and there's enough finetune touches that I've been going through ( adjusting the GL zeroing across the board, material changes, Soundshaders implementation, primary irons zeroing where applicable, cleaning up some inheritancies) that I really haven't had much time to do anything else, honestly.

Re: Retro AR15s, not going to make the pack update, but will be following in a fortnight. Priorities, and all that, stuff thats out first.

Good news though is that one way or another, the big patch is coming this weekend and some to most of everyone's bugbears SHOULD be good now. Except for that one guy who pointed out the AK47 Piston cover has no holes. It still has no holes.

Sounds like you needed to lie down in a darkened room for a while after you heard about the piston cover.  ;) 

I hope I speak for everyone when I say that I'm super grateful for the huge amount of work you put in for the community, it's hard to express how brilliant your work is and how much worse off we'd all be without it. I know you're super busy, and I really apprecate all the work you put in. Looking forward to the Big patch.

• Like 8

@Toadie

good to hear you are still with us. Please check your PM, because i´d like to share a model with you.

I want to report a bug with the 1P29 of the AK pack in case it's not fixed yet:

36012CC41FAE66916CF9CC8D5405029895EA38A6

Happend on all Ak's, I checked all of them. 

It's fixed, thanks. 

Hey, just wanted to bring it to your attention quickly before you fully distribute the updates, there seems to be an issue I noticed with the iron sights on the AAC Honey Badger in the AR-15 pack. The scope view isn't aligned to the rear sight, so you end up looking over it and just shooting on the front post. Sorry I don't have a screenshot and I was running a ton of other mods at the time.

On another note, really like what you've done with the AKs, glad you were able to get it all Finnish-ed ;).

• Like 1

Hey, just wanted to bring it to your attention quickly before you fully distribute the updates, there seems to be an issue I noticed with the iron sights on the AAC Honey Badger in the AR-15 pack. The scope view isn't aligned to the rear sight, so you end up looking over it and just shooting on the front post. Sorry I don't have a screenshot and I was running a ton of other mods at the time.

On another note, really like what you've done with the AKs, glad you were able to get it all Finnish-ed ;).

This is also an issue with the AK-12 and the new RK62.

This is also an issue with the AK-12 and the new RK62.

What issue? Without saying what, it will hard to isolate the issue.

What issue? Without saying what, it will hard to isolate the issue.

I assume he means the issue he quoted about iron sight alignment?

I assume he means the issue he quoted about iron sight alignment?

Yeah. I mean the issue I quoted so that it would be clear which issue I was talking about.