soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

USMC soldiers would be a nice addition to the american part of the mod ( maybe with a V22 and LAVs ). Dreams are for free.

BTW the VDV are gonna have a lot of beautiful equipment :D

Will you add the not-so-russian-but-definitely-russian-sf-operators-occupying-crimean-bases or something similar?

Aren't basically Russian soldiers wearing Gorka and Digital Flora uniforms without any patches? ( well in the interventions there have been some heavily armed soldiers with Multicam, that I guess are Spets Naz ).

Edited by MistyRonin

First: US Army within the next year or two will transition to Multicam, or OCP. Absolutely certain that this has been addressed but friendly reminder to not put too much love into UCP textures when they will be out of style next year

Regardless of when the US Army change or not, OCP is definitely going to get just as much love.

Regardless of when the US Army change or not, OCP is definitely going to get just as much love.

I thought everyone (USA & USMC) was getting a common pattern in 2014 that was going to have multiple variants for multiple environments? Of course, that could also be the rumor mill.

Not really going to worry about any of the 'might be' scenarios until one of them actually occurs.

OCP (ie; OEFCP, ie; Multicam) will be included though.

Not really going to worry about any of the 'might be' scenarios until one of them actually occurs.

OCP (ie; OEFCP, ie; Multicam) will be included though.

What about stuff that is scheduled? Like the ECH isn't standard-standard issue yet, but it will be soon (Wikipedia says they're starting to field it.)

What about stuff that is scheduled? Like the ECH isn't standard-standard issue yet, but it will be soon (Wikipedia says they're starting to field it.)

If and when something is fielded it's always going to be a maybe, though as much as it would be great to model and have everything being used, that simply isn't a realistic goal.

So therefore thing's that are being fielded by a or the majority would take priority.

Sabre, can we expect to see any of your units from A2 make a return in this mod? Such as your U.S. Army units?

Nah mate, nothing from those reskins of Johannes OA units will be used, too outdated.

Newer stuff will be :)

Nah mate, nothing from those reskins of Johannes OA units will be used, too outdated.

Newer stuff will be :)

Thanks for the quick reply! It's a little sad we won't see that great texture work again, but I am excited to see what y'all have up your sleeve!

I thought everyone (USA & USMC) was getting a common pattern in 2014 that was going to have multiple variants for multiple environments? Of course, that could also be the rumor mill.

Congress told the military that it should adapt a common combat uniform till 2018 as far as I know. But I don´t know if that´s going to happen.

Also the Army´s still officialy choosing a new pattern and OCP is not the only one that could be chosen. We´ll see what happens in short time (I hope) :D

Nice work! I´m looking forward to the release of both the Russian and US units! :)

Congress told the military that it should adapt a common combat uniform till 2018 as far as I know. But I don´t know if that´s going to happen.

Also the Army´s still officialy choosing a new pattern and OCP is not the only one that could be chosen. We´ll see what happens in short time (I hope) :D

Ah, so standard military herp-derpery.

Nice work! I´m looking forward to the release of both the Russian and US units! :)

I was hoping it would be a short time 6 months ago, it looks like it is on hold until further notice >:(

ECH is being fielded by deploying units in the Marine Corps. Almost all of 7th Marines are issued it right now as they have been on a rotation to Afghan.

Tigr is already in (thanks to Abs)

Awesome news, is there any screen?

the Kamaz Typhoon is part of A3 anyways (yes, it does not really behave like an armored vehicle...yet).

The problem I find in the vanilla one, is that the only one that looks like a real one ( with the armored compartment ) is the ammo one, and it does not have interior for the troops. Besides that IMO it would need a re-texture and as you said "to armor it up".

There is a Tigr in addon to A3, plz direct me to which one... would be sweet to drive around Altis in one...

Edited by Lone.Wolf

There is a Tigr in addon to A3, plz direct me to which one... would be sweet to drive around Altis in one...

PuFu means that the Tigr will be part of the mod, it's not released yet.

Awesome news, is there any screen?

Abs' old WIP thread for when he started the Tigr in A2/OA is here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142842-%D0%93%D0%90%D0%97-2975-%D0%A2%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80-%28GAZ-Tigr%29

Obviously those old images may not reflect the team's latest iteration of work on that model for Arma 3

Abs' old WIP thread for when he started the Tigr in A2/OA is here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142842-%D0%93%D0%90%D0%97-2975-%D0%A2%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80-%28GAZ-Tigr%29

Obviously those old images may not reflect the team's latest iteration of work on that model for Arma 3

Thanks! Even if its an old WIP for A2, looks outstanding; and having seen how good are RHS people with textures... :D

( from the last page of that thread )

http://i.imgur.com/K0Enchx.jpg (410 kB)