soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

How do you know it is his?

Comparing the two, the DayZ one is a new texture and some changes but it's made by the same artist

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rhs-armed-forces-of-the-russian-federation/images/ak-74m#imagebox

and

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rhs-armed-forces-of-the-russian-federation/images/ak-74m-gp-25#imagebox

either it's the same artist or they have incredibly similar styles, but I'm leaning to the same as the bolts and markings are the same

Hmmm I doubt it is the same, otherwise as they haven't officially said it is his then they would be stealing his work which I highly doubt Bohemia would do. And they would look the same (same markings etc) as they are meant to look like the same gun so any high qaulity 3d model should look the same as another as high qaulity = close replica.

Hmmm I doubt it is the same, otherwise as they haven't officially said it is his then they would be stealing his work which I highly doubt Bohemia would do. And they would look the same (same markings etc) as they are meant to look like the same gun so any high qaulity 3d model should look the same as another as high qaulity = close replica.

It is the same person who did both (the one for RHS an DAYz)

Nah, they're the same. You can tell from texture details like using the exact same shape and position of wear and tear and other surface markings on the GP-25. Chances of 2 separate artists doing that is almost nil even if they were designing the same basic weapon.

BIS do employ members of the community to work as external artists (or internal artists) on their projects, quite often - It's nothing new, and BIS do compensate them for their contribution (i.e. not stealing ;)).

Nah, they're the same. You can tell from texture details like using the exact same shape and position of wear and tear and other surface markings on the GP-25. Chances of 2 separate artists doing that is almost nil even if they were designing the same basic weapon.

BIS do employ members of the community to work as external artists (or internal artists) on their projects, quite often - It's nothing new, and BIS do compensate them for their contribution (i.e. not stealing ;)).

Yep that was what I was going on, glad I'm not losing my mind

I was wondering, are there any plans about how this mod is gonna be released? I mean, are you gonna release a first pack with infantry and some basic vehicles and then bit by bit adding new stuff, or is gonna be all in a big entry?

Are you gonna port all A2 stuff?

If you can achieve the same level as the previous version is gonna be probably one of the top mods, if you can improve it... :yay:

Well I hope that at some point RHS mod will add T-64 tanks. :)

I remember playing with their T-64's in OFP, it would be nice to have accurate models of these fascinating tanks for ArmA3. :)

I was wondering, are there any plans about how this mod is gonna be released? I mean, are you gonna release a first pack with infantry and some basic vehicles and then bit by bit adding new stuff, or is gonna be all in a big entry?

Are you gonna port all A2 stuff?

If you can achieve the same level as the previous version is gonna be probably one of the top mods, if you can improve it... :yay:

We honestly don't know exactly what will be released for 1st release yet and we wouldn't wanna spoil the fun now ;)

But there might be more content than any previous release :P

Visit our facebook page for latest news/teasers

Edited by vasmkd

So this Abrams, is this a RHS made model?

yes 5char

And you know who is the author. ;)

That's gonna be awesome! A proper NATO side. I CAN't wait for tomorrow's announcement ( I'm hyped ).

Could it be a first pack with the infantry? :o

And you know who is the author. ;)

Sweet! Can't wait for this to be released!

Where is the promised announcement?

17h ago they said in their Facebook page that they "are putting the final touches on tomorrow's announcement".

Will they be ALiVE compatible... I'm really hoping to get an east vs west Map up and running :) But NEED a proper armoury, not just troops. RHS vehicles were cracking models so really looking forward to it.

SJ

Hello everyone! Today we would like to formally announce our latest project at Red Hammer Studios: United States Armed Forces.

rhsusflogo.png

Spurred on by a need of a comparable opposing force for our Russian faction and a fondness for the Operation Flashpoint-style East vs. West scenario, we have been working for months on a modern US faction that matches the same quality standards set by our Russian forces. Keep an eye out here at BIS, or at our Facebook page for further updates that are right around the corner.

Click to enlarge:

download_thumb.jpgarma3%202014-03-14%2013-50-42-77_thumb.jpgarma3%202014-03-14%2014-16-54-04_thumb.jpgarma3%202014-03-14%2014-07-41-47_thumb.pngarma3%202014-03-14%2014-17-22-47_thumb.jpg

those are av_mods army units right?

Yes and no--they are a mix of Alex's unreleased work and some new gear. We'll be showing more of this as we go along as we refine and replace older work.