Bis revive is useless tool as the player with revive state is defined as dead.

Hello,

read this thread since some month first time again...

1. what for cba problems? Script version doesnt use any cba functions or depends on them. the mod version is unsupported and not up to date.

2. what is meant with compatible to BI revive? There are two different systems.

regards

What a pity that is not working I'm looking for something like this for a long time

It is working. Some communitys use it since release without problems. Did you ever test it? :confused::rolleyes:

-Psycho-;2959039']It is working. Some communitys use it since release without problems. Did you ever test it? :confused::rolleyes:

Welcome back Psycho long time no see.

I recently stopped using the wounding system because in recent updates it has taken away my revive chance or it seems.

I will be shot to 0 health...the revive timer DOES appear,but at same time i die.(I did not get shot again)

This is all SP btw,i have no damage modifiers on or anything of theat nature..ie animation mods.So im stumped.

A note about it worth mentioning.My AI NEVER die outright,it seems just broken on the player.

Quite strange

I don't understand why this isn't a core mechanic for ARMA3. I tried to download the "Mod" version but I have to log in. I don't know how to enter scripts. Is there another version/link for the Mod version?

Will this mod still work in SP scenarios and campaigns?

It would be awesome if someone could pick up this mod and continue development, for those of us who don't want to run ACE3 in SP scenarios and campaigns. ACE3's action menu stops working for me in SP games so I can't use it.

EDIT: I tried this mod without AGM. The "Mod version" download. The test scenario does not come up. I performed a test on a sand box scenario. I shot an AI in the foot. No options to drag or carry came up via the mouse wheel/action menu. When I used the "treat" option I indeed revived the downed man but I was stuck in the treatment animation and couldn't move. I was using TPW's bleedout. Using the mod WITH AGM, and TPW bleedout turned off, the downed AI revived themselves or died outright.

Edited by Bad_Karma

-Psycho-;2959039']It is working. Some communitys use it since release without problems. Did you ever test it? :confused::rolleyes:

First. Thanks for an awesome script. I've been using this script for a longtime with no issues. But since the last update I have the same issues that RedArmy describes above.

The script runs as usual, but when the player is revived, the timer and blurry screen continues. This seems to only effect the player and not the AI as they seem to respond as they always have. I'm not sure what happened after the last update, but it would be great to have this script working again. :)

In the near future i will release a update here. It includes some fixes and changes made by Alwarren.

Also i will look for errors you (redarmy & neven) have described and look out for some optimizations of cource. (since much new commands released trough the patches)

regards

btw: did i say that the mod version is realy outdated? ;-)

Yes I'm working on a MP map and I would drop ACE3 in a second if this were working correctly.

Being able to be revived by an AI if there's one nearby is amazing/immersive gameplay, if you can fix it that would be great.

You can use script to ai revive players + ai in ACE3.

Sounds great, but as I wouldn't know where to start, I think I will wait for this.

Is there a way to adjust the revive time? I have a pack of missions that I downloaded using this file and the revive time is just way too long. The time for revive sometimes is super short, but I don't know what triggers it. I figured it would be the difference between having a first aid kit, no first aid kit, or a medic with a medkit.

Is there a way to adjust the revive time? I have a pack of missions that I downloaded using this file and the revive time is just way too long. The time for revive sometimes is super short, but I don't know what triggers it. I figured it would be the difference between having a first aid kit, no first aid kit, or a medic with a medkit.

Read the readme or simply the first post. :rolleyes:

-Psycho-;2967635']Read the readme or simply the first post. :rolleyes:

Lol its that easy yes sir

Yes i know. for some people it's hard to read more than a one-liner. But a long time ago, somewhile in the last century, people solved their problems and answered their questions by READing.

You can also ask "Cortana". Maybee it works better! :p

So its my mistake! What a stupid idea to write the functionality down on big data sheet. Shame on me!!! *psheeeshhhh*whiplash!!! Im so stupid... why i dont try to make a YT video.... their i have the chance to talk some unimportant nonsense too. *psheeeshhhh*whiplash!!!:rolleyes:

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/150718/didnt-read-lol-gif_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.gif (1882 kB)

Edited by [TcB]-Psycho-

Are you talking about the ais_setup.sqf?  I don't see anything there about revive time.  I only see the stuff about bleedout time and a couple other settings, which I aren't relevant to what I was asking about.  Yes I did read, I'm sorry I couldn't find the answer to my specific question.  I asked politely, so there's no need to be so sarcastic. 

Hey physco! I absolutely love this mod but I spotted a bug...

So when I kill a non playable character he just dies. BUT once I kill a playable character (the one surrounded with a purple blip) falls In agony and can be revived.

also I would like to ask permission for this script to be used in my mission known as "The Altis Life Part 1: Deals in. Agios."

I shall give full credit and I promise not to break the license! I will use the mission on armaholic and steam workshop. Please reply soon if you can. Thanks :)

Readme and License:

You are NOT free:

You may not upload this script-pack to Steam Workshop. This includes any derivates of this script-pack or if the scriptpack is changed into an addon.

Excluded is the possibility if it is included in a single- or multiplayer mission that havent a example-mission character.

Psycho, can you elaborate on the part with the Steam Workshop a bit more? It's a bit unclear to me - due to language barriers I guess.

"Excluded is..." - does that mean that it's ok if we add your script to a SP or MP mission, which we upload to the workshop (if the mission's subject is not the revive script)?

Or does "excluded" mean that it's generally a no-go?

Just wanted to confirm it, as I'm using your script in a SP campaign, which I obviously want to upload to the SW as well.

Yes thats right. You are free to share/upload your mission via Steam with my script while the script is not the main constituent of the content. (its your mission, your tought)

Thanks for respect the license text!

regards

Are you talking about the ais_setup.sqf?  I don't see anything there about revive time.  I only see the stuff about bleedout time and a couple other settings, which I aren't relevant to what I was asking about.  Yes I did read, I'm sorry I couldn't find the answer to my specific question.  I asked politely, so there's no need to be so sarcastic. 

You will found a answer of your question in the setup_ais.sqf! Line 17/18.

tcb_ais_random_lifetime_factor

Thanks, psycho!

Btw. I think there was a misunderstanding between you and cyprus.

I think he meant the time that is needed for the revive process itself, not the time in which the injured person can be revived before "bleeding death".

I asked myself the same question these days: Isn't it possible to set the duration of the healing process?

Honestly, this always seemed like the most realistic wounding system, for all its simplicity.

No extended unconsciousness or gulping Morphine like candy.

I once had a weird glitch in A2 where I entered this sort of agony state but could still run. I ran across the map clutching at my gut, unable to fight, before finally collapsing.

However, it is a real PITA when this system disallows team switching.