Sign in to follow this  
cambam47

Ok just some general feed back, sorry if it's been discussed before in other posts/threads, I'm not really digging the scope effects, the extreme blur (radial zoom?) feels to distracting, maybe if the blur was more subtle and whited out slightly and darkened slightly for night?

Cambam, the TMR 2D scope overlay (especifically the ARCO one) is mounting over the BWMod scopes... I recall the TITAN and NLAW scope had this same issue on the TMR .3 version, is there a way to fix it? I don´t want to disable the 2D scopes nor disable the BWmod =/

cheers! =)

^^ tab no work for me also.

yea mine doesnt work either, cant rest on anything (even though the rest logo appears)

Just configure your Next Target button with Tab and it'll work

Mine seems to work intermittently.

Also, I had to remove the suppressor stuff because in one mission I played, everyone claimed to have silencers but I did not have one, and no one else appeared to, either.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to script the bipod function in a way to "know" when a bipod is removed from the weapon so when it is removed, there is no special effect given when a bipod isn't monted?

Miss spoke. Its not working that way right now...

Edited by kklownboy

Okay, link or way to configure that?

Tweaked: Effects of suppressors on bullets

Any idea how this affects TMR?

I have the function to now use the actual resting via my Next Target keybind, which I wasn't aware of. Previously I was under the impression that when you see the small image you're automatically resting your weapon. Then I was told that you have to set the Next Target button to actually enter this. I did so with Left CTRL + Space. It never worked - until I just bound it to a single key.

• Is it possible to allow the resting to use a modifier key + standard key (ALT/SHFT/CTRL + Key) to enter the resting mode?
  • Secondly, when in resting mode, there's still quite a bit of sway (kneeling position). Can this sway be lowered any further?
  • Third, with a non-bipod equipped assault rifle, I lay prone but the resting icon doesn't appear. Is this by design?
  • Lastly, it seems that the Black MX rifles throw up errors when first fired. Some sort of missing file. I can provide a screenshot later this evening (I'll edit this post accordingly).

I have the function to now use the actual resting via my Next Target keybind, which I wasn't aware of. Previously I was under the impression that when you see the small image you're automatically resting your weapon. Then I was told that you have to set the Next Target button to actually enter this. I did so with Left CTRL + Space. It never worked - until I just bound it to a single key.

The way it works is quite simple: It constantly checks if you're able to rest your weapon: If you can rest your weapon and you see the icon in the top right, you're "soft rested", which means lowered recoil only. Then if you press the Next Target button, it "hard rests" which changes you to a different type of animation with lowered sway (Sway is part of the animations in ArmA). So there is autoresting, but it doesn't lower your sway like hard resting does. For the bipod the checks are a little bit diferent. Sometimes you don't see the soft resting icon, even though you're able to deploy your bipod*

Is it possible to allow the resting to use a modifier key + standard key (ALT/SHFT/CTRL + Key) to enter the resting mode?

Should be possible. I think the best bet would be putting it on a userconfig, instead of hardbind to a certain bind. Then put the userconfig to a User Action by default. The reason there should be a userconfig is in place, is to prevent overlapping controls. If a mission also uses User Action 1, you want to have the ability to easily link it to another user action.

Secondly, when in resting mode, there's still quite a bit of sway (kneeling position). Can this sway be lowered any further?

Yes it can, but I guess that's a personal thing. I think it's okay as it is. Then again we changed it for PvP purposes and didn't want to have dead accurate shots from every window still.

Third, with a non-bipod equipped assault rifle, I lay prone but the resting icon doesn't appear. Is this by design?From what I remember when editing it: Yes. There are only certain animations in which resting is enabled. Prone is not one of them. Could be changed quite easily. Another thing is that for weapon resting, it doesn't check the terrain. It only checks object. This means that if you're on flat terrain you can't rest your weapon.

Lastly, it seems that the Black MX rifles throw up errors when first fired. Some sort of missing file. I can provide a screenshot later this evening (I'll edit this post accordingly).

Never used the Black MX, but could make sense.

*@Cambam. . Have you considered changing the constant checking loop so it also checks when you can deploy your bipod? Right now there is no way to tell when you can deploy your bipod. Also I'm not sure how resource intensive lineIntersect is, but it might be a good idea to add a couple more, so resting on railings and so actually becomes possible.

Yes, it seems that the weapon sway in both, as you defined, soft and hard resting is still greatly exaggerated. There, IMHO should not be a difference. If you're resting your weapon against a railing, or the ground, it's stable regardless and stable is not how it is currently. Cambam, if at all possible, again my opinion, I'd suggest lowering the sway when resting considerably. It doesn't feel realistic nor balanced.

I'm still working on tracking down that error with the black MX rifles.

Edit: confirmed the error with TMR_Alt and Black MX rifles. [steam screenshot]

This errors pops up for everyone when a round is fired from any black MX rifle (possibly regardless of suppressor).

Edited by SpectreRSG

I'm getting an error when firing a Mk14 Mod 1 EBR. Looks like this:

e4TsJlt.png

doesn't seem to affect gameplay. Is there any way to just suppress errors from this mod for the time being?

edit: seems to be happening with the plain MX rifles too. tested with a TAR-21 and there's no error.

Thats the same error essentially I reported above GDent, the guns literally have 0 recoil essentially after this error is thrown up. It's nice oddly enough, but yes, there is a gameplay difference.

Cambam, you're still working on this please let us know. Those error messages that pop up for essentially every default suppressed weapon is getting annoying.

What happened with this? Is there any way to get rid of the error? I don't really want to go back to the old TMR, but I might have to

great news, take your time. I was just hoping the project wasn't abandoned