Sign in to follow this  
cambam47

But the deletevehicle in this script is not working. And these georefs build up and build up on the player and the failed deletes build up and build up until, for reasons I don't understand, the player respawn grinds to a halt around the 10th death, no number depends on the underlying performance of the client PC.

Good find ! Looks like there's one deletevehicle statement missing in there, probably causing the whole code block to fail.

Good find ! Looks like there's one deletevehicle statement missing in there, probably causing the whole code block to fail.

Oh god! I see it now! LOL

deletevehicle tmr_autorest_refPoint1; deletevehicle tmr_autorest_refPoint2; deletevehicle tmr_autorest_refPoint3; deletevehicle tmr_autorest_refPoint4; deletevehicle tmr_autorest_refPoint5; deletevehicle tmr_autorest_refPoint6;[color="#FF0000"]tmr_autorest_refPoint7[/color]; deletevehicle tmr_autorest_refPoint8; deletevehicle tmr_autorest_refPoint9;

Missing deletevehicle command in red!

Rather disappointingly, one of my guys has discovered that tmr_autorest is having catastrophic (I use the word advisedly) effects on some missions with respawn.

Good job and thanks to me for finding the 9 in the first place....:cool: One question though have you tested this to see if its still throwing the non network errors? As im in server and still getting these with the fix>

Edited by Champy_UK

Yeah, I've tested it new version and it still gives all these errors. :(

To be exact, you get 9 of them when the mission starts, another 9 when the player spawns in. The another 9 when he does his first respawn, followed by 18 on after the second respawn and 27 after the third.

I wondered if the deletevehicle was failing because the objects we are trying to delete are attached to the player, so I change the code so it detaches before it tries to delete - no joy, exactly the same problems. :(

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

So, Further question: I always thought eventhandlers were persistent - they survived respawn and didn't have to be readded? So, why, then, is the respawn EH readded to the player at line 288 of the init.sqf of tmr_autorest?

I've run into a problem with some missions where TMR makes the AT launchers single-shot only, when they should be reloadable. Can I stop this happening by just deleting tmr_disposable.pbo?

I've run into a problem with some missions where TMR makes the AT launchers single-shot only, when they should be reloadable. Can I stop this happening by just deleting tmr_disposable.pbo?

It's not a problem, it's a feature. This is how NLAW works in RL, it's a disposable launcher.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi,

First, thanks for the addon. My clanmates and I we've been using this for a while. But there are two things I don't like:

• - when using the Alt key to look around, the head's movement it's like smoothed.
  • - i think the rate of fire of weapons is messed up (I'll try to explain the best I can, non english speaker). If you fire the weapon in automatic mode, the rate it's ok, but if you try to do "double tap" (two quick shoots at the same target) the weapon doesn't responds. To test what I'm saying, put the weapon in single mode and try to shoot quickly (2-3 clicks per second) until the magazine is empty. The rate of fire it's not consistent.

We use the following pbo's: tmr_core, tmr_binds, tmr_configwriter, tmr_autorest and tmr_language. Maybe it's a feature of the addon?

I looked the code on the github, but I can't find references to this. Can you tell me how to change this? (if it's allowed, of course)

Thank you

Hi,

First, thanks for the addon. My clanmates and I we've been using this for a while. But there are two things I don't like:

• - when using the Alt key to look around, the head's movement it's like smoothed.
  • - i think the rate of fire of weapons is messed up (I'll try to explain the best I can, non english speaker). If you fire the weapon in automatic mode, the rate it's ok, but if you try to do "double tap" (two quick shoots at the same target) the weapon doesn't responds. To test what I'm saying, put the weapon in single mode and try to shoot quickly (2-3 clicks per second) until the magazine is empty. The rate of fire it's not consistent.

The free look is like that in vanilla arma 3. It is not an effect of tmr alternate.

I can't reproduce the rate of fire issue you experience.

The free look is like that in vanilla arma 3. It is not an effect of tmr alternate.

I can't reproduce the rate of fire issue you experience.

I recorded a video with the problem. Also I'm uploading a video without TMR to see diferences.

Here it's with TMR:

Here without TMR:

Thank you.

EDIT: I've tried without any addons except for TMR_alternate, same result.

EDIT2: Solved. Don't kill me please, i'm retarded. The addons that fails it's another one, not yours. My apologies, sorry for this.

Edited by drredfox
SOLVED

What was the addon that was causing the problem? Just curious.

It's called "zeu_cfgAIskill.pbo". It modifies the AI skills.

It's not a problem, it's a feature. This is how NLAW works in RL, it's a disposable launcher.

It is a problem when the mission is designed around the fact that you have three rockets and a reloadable launcher and TMR makes it so that you only have one shot. It can make missions impossible to complete.

It is a problem when the mission is designed around the fact that you have three rockets and a reloadable launcher and TMR makes it so that you only have one shot. It can make missions impossible to complete.

I think is up to author or in this case the guy that decided to carry forward banner

If he deems right to do it as in real life

"The portable, short range, fire-and-forget system entered service in 2009, as the NLAW (Next Generation Light Anti-tank Weapon), to replace the British Army's existing LAW 80 system that had reached its obsolescence.

And this mod is Modular realism named, I don't see what is stopping him.

I just remove the TMR module for disposable launchers. Seems to work fine that way.

As was posted you can remove PBOs. But the whole point of TMR was to be realistic. Taosensi I think should at least be honored by not messing with the mod in ways that make it gamey. You can read more here; http://ryanschultz.org/tmr/

But really? a poor mission over a good mod? Fix the mission, or ask the mission make to re-balance. Add RPGs.

The whole point of TMR was to be modular, so you could use the bits that you want, and remove what you don't.

The whole point of TMR was to be modular, so you could use the bits that you want, and remove what you don't.

Well thats just good quality mod creation. His point/theory was/is realism. Both equal Fun. Glad we have this mod continuing along the same vein.:D

Is @TMR_JSRS still required for this version of TMR coupled with the new JSRS 2.0 release? Or is that outdated and unnecessary now?

My tab button no longer works for some reason, cant seem to rest my weapons at all, anyone can help me with this?

Is @TMR_JSRS still required for this version of TMR coupled with the new JSRS 2.0 release? Or is that outdated and unnecessary now?
I bet it's unneceessary now.
My tab button no longer works for some reason, cant seem to rest my weapons at all, anyone can help me with this?
^^ tab no work for me also.
Check that it is still binded to "Next Target".

Yay!