Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Explosions 120mm shells (not SABOT) - too small

Not really. The Heat shell is designed to cause maximum damage to light vehicles and infantry. The explosion shouldn't be any bigger that that of a small mortar shell. Its not like an artillery shell that is packed with high explosives. Besides, if it hits the dirt it mostly just flicks up sand and gravel. I think the explosion size is just fine.

Also OS. I know people are talking about turning down the birghtness and size of the particals. I'm not neccisairly against it but I do think right now it looks really awsome true NV's. The fact that you can see the glowing bits fly of, even from a distance adds a whole lot to the experience.

The new colors look good though!!!

it took me 2 bloody weeks of constantly loading up A3 testing it and closing making adjustments in the config packing mod back up loading up again and doing this over and over again to get the GBU/MK82 effect to even appear decent and i still wasnt happy with it. I have got A3 on SSD, empty world, min addons but it still takes time. So yeah it is a pretty frustrating way of doing something which is not how it should be.

Depends on nature of adjustements, but if this is about particle effect's params, I, beeing on your place, would prepare playground to test params of effect, where effect is activated via script, and only when all is ready, would apply these params into config. This way at worse mission restart is needed each change, and with some additional work some changes may be applied even without that. But maybe it is impossible for some config-specific reason, I do not know.

Did only short test of smoke grenade so far, seems, that indeed it is very "rich", I personally could accept that, and like it - at last smoke screen of effective size - after all this is a future, they may have better grenades, while present vanilla smoke is mostly ineffective as screen (not mention about vanilla arty smoke, that seems simply useless), vanilla effect is closer to youtube materials, yes, but so what in fact... Still main question is about view blocking for AI eyes. Tested with strong wind, and noted, that only part of particles are sensitive to wind, rest behaves, like there was no wind at all, which gives strange impression.

I have no flares or tank countermeasures, only apc countermeasures work

In your video he uses Warfx (which is for arma 2 actually, though it "partially" works on arma 3).

Wasnt "warfx" the blastcore mod?

Looks amazing! Great updated! I can't play ARMA without your mod (and JSRS or SoS for A3). It just feels so different without it. Keep up the fantastic work!

While I like the battlefield dust cloud that forms over an engagement I'm inclined to say it needs to be toned down a few notches the parameters for it's presence have greater requirements than what is currently there; a collapsing building, a number of vehicles or a number of explosions. A small arms exchange shouldn't be enough to trigger a dust cloud in themselves and wind ought to clear it pretty quick too.

I will say that the pink mist for wounding has been a boon to us though :)

On the whole though for our AliVE games the cons still outweigh the pros for Blastcore's use, seeing as that the AI sees straight through Blastcore's increased visual obscurance. Hope to see the future refinement of the mod change this.

Anyone know how to fix my no flares and tank smoke shells problem?

Well JSRS and TW mods and numerous unit and vehicle and weapon mods, FFIS, VTS weapon resting, Taw mods, A3mp, and more I will try to see if there are some mods affecting it.

You take out the mods one by one and see which one is causing the conflict. Then type it here for others to see.

Found it! JSRS seemed to have caused the problem

Found it! JSRS seemed to have caused the problem

No kidding? Well, can you tell us which JSRS module caused it? Don´t wanna play without JSRS and Blastcore (it is probably one module like JSRS_warning_sign.pbo <- just for example...)

EDIT: Just noticed that the flare is gone, but there is a light source (and the enemy missiles get fooled by the "invisible" flare) and the Orca choppers can fire its flares... but no joy for Commanche, F/A-18 and Hellas jets for me (the invisible flares does its job, but its a major bummer the absence of the effect) =/ If someone pinpoints the JSRS module that is causing it, please post here!

Edit 2: in the OP there´s a reminder that flares are placeholders... could be this the cause of the "invisible" flares (they weren´t implemented yet =P

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

JSRS? I play with JSRS all the time and I don´t have those problems. Are you loading Blastcore with higher priority than JSRS? If not, then try it.

I'm not having any problems either. Make sure you have particles set to high in the video options. That's wat OS said. And make sure you have CBA.

@OS you should totally write that Blastcore needs Particle Quality on high in the first post

I have, i made a post about it before in the thread in massive bold fonts. People just don't read forums they can't be arsed to and ignore most of the things people say in them.

- I was planning on releasing a update tonight, im running a bit behind tho as i had a few things left to do with xmas things.

Edited by Opticalsnare

I was planning on releasing a update tonight, im running a bit behind tho as i had a few things left to do with xmas things.

Wow, that's terrific news!

However, if you can't get it out OS, we all understand. It's Christmas - take the time for yourself and your family.

Looking forward to the update whenever it comes out.

xmas version? Shiny rainbow colored explosions ;)

No no! Instead of sparks tinels! Grenades turned into ball-balls and misles explode into fire works and aircraft leave sparkles behind and make jingle noises

Pretty big letdown compared to A2 though. Particles are so huge it looks like my explosions are actually spouting giants fireflies.