LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

when in zeus mode and even on ground sometimes a players gunshot sound "headphone-breakingly" loud

For starters thank you for the great mod, I really enjoy the sounds.

For my question, how do i make this a optional mod on the server?

Do I just insert the bikey or does the mod need to be running as well? Will it affect the other players that are not running the mod?

Thanks for your help!

For starters thank you for the great mod, I really enjoy the sounds.

For my question, how do i make this a optional mod on the server?

Do I just insert the bikey or does the mod need to be running as well? Will it affect the other players that are not running the mod?

Thanks for your help!

Its enough to just allow the keys on your server! If you go back one or two pages you can read about fps drops. Some noticed them, some do not. In generell I cant really say if it will effect other non-jsrs clients. You gotta test and see ;)

LJ

Its enough to just allow the keys on your server! If you go back one or two pages you can read about fps drops. Some noticed them, some do not. In generell I cant really say if it will effect other non-jsrs clients. You gotta test and see ;)

LJ

[deleted]

Thanks for the help!

Diesel

Edited by Diesel5187

The Orca minigung also doesn´t have any external sounds.

I hate that I can't edit/create missions while using JSRS because of the Marid and Marshal. I have to deactivate the mod anytime I want to edit missions and use those two vehicles.

Reason why is because:

"A3_Armor_F_AMV",
	"jsrs2_amv7_marshal",
	"A3_Armor_F_Marid",
	"jsrs2_mse3_marid",

that ends up in the mission.sqm and prevents anyone else who doesnt have the mod from playing the mission. I like JSRS, but I'm tired of that issue. I don't like using mods that affect my missions because I don't make any missions dependent on mods.

Is there anyway to fix this in JSRS, or is it just an issue of having to have JSRS deactive when mission editing?

I hate that I can't edit/create missions while using JSRS because of the Marid and Marshal. I have to deactivate the mod anytime I want to edit missions and use those two vehicles.

Reason why is because:

"A3_Armor_F_AMV",
       "jsrs2_amv7_marshal",
       "A3_Armor_F_Marid",
       "jsrs2_mse3_marid",

that ends up in the mission.sqm and prevents anyone else who doesnt have the mod from playing the mission. I like JSRS, but I'm tired of that issue. I don't like using mods that affect my missions because I don't make any missions dependent on mods.

Is there anyway to fix this in JSRS, or is it just an issue of having to have JSRS deactive when mission editing?

Well you can just delete the mod if its too bugging for you right now. I'll see if I can delete this issue. ;)

LJ

Thanks. I just deactivated it for now till I finish these missions. I've only gotten this issue with those two vehicles.

Although obviously not a fix, I've found that JSRS only seems to add these dependencies when I first create a mission; I've edited a number of missions with JSRS active and had no dependency, only when I create a mission from scratch does it happen. So, I tend to copy a previous mission and change the name - such as a basic template of a couple of playable men and VAS - and not had dependencies any more.

You can just delete those lines from your mission.sqm, too, and it should remove the dependency. The mission we were playing last night had somebody connect without JSRS, and I never bother turning it off when editing. Might help you?

All of my missions are simply built off the previous mission by saving as a new name. This issue only shows up with those two vehicles. Even if I remove those lines, they come back the next time I save in editor. Ive tried just about every vehicle in the game, and I have only gotten it with the madrid and marshal.

I guess I can fix that. There might be an entry that causes that.

LJ

Wonderfull! I've been using it some time now. Thanks for all the work I you had to put in this, realy apreciated!!

I have been reading this post to see if it is normal that I could not find out from where someone was shooting at close distance... it seems that this would be fixed?? I'm running a version that I got a copple of months ago (Jsrs2.0 ver 1.0001). and I'm downloading Jsrs2.1 now. So if installed then this problem would be fixed? Besides putting audio channels to 128 nothing else has to be done?

Thanks

Why dont you just finish the download and see/hear for yourself? :)

Yes it should have been fixed by now. Tho there is a new build in the making already, heh.

LJ

Quick Idea I had:

Is there any way to add sounds to vehicles when falling certain amounts of distance? I notice driving around the atv that a glaring omission from vehicle production value was the suspension sounds.

Quick Idea I had:

Is there any way to add sounds to vehicles when falling certain amounts of distance? I notice driving around the atv that a glaring omission from vehicle production value was the suspension sounds.

Not sure that that is possible... not just by config values I believe. Although... velocity settings and such might allow to add a sound when the suspension isn't used/compressed ...

LJ

I have been reading this post to see if it is normal that I could not find out from where someone was shooting at close distance... it seems that this would be fixed?? I'm running a version that I got a copple of months ago (Jsrs2.0 ver 1.0001). and I'm downloading Jsrs2.1 now. So if installed then this problem would be fixed? Besides putting audio channels to 128 nothing else has to be done?

Yes, that did get fixed quite some time ago actually. JSRS is awesome now. :) (Well, it was awesome before, but the close-range directionality issue was a pretty big hamper on gameplay)

What about using the same fall detection that TPW uses for his SP mod? (Full disclosure: No idea what I'm talking about)

Yes, that did get fixed quite some time ago actually. JSRS is awesome now. :) (Well, it was awesome before, but the close-range directionality issue was a pretty big hamper on gameplay)

whoop whoop, then it is party time!! I'll try it right away :p

Edited by fragmentpruts

Are you working on adding Riandrop sounds when it is raining and you are inside a vehicle?

whoop whoop, then it is party time!! I'll try it right away :p

verry nice! I'm just wondering about one sound I can't place very well. It's always in the center - mono and is of bullets flying or something. I'm wondering if this sounds is suposed to be there and if it is suposed to be in mono. It seems like all the other sounds comes from some direction but this one not! Anyone understand what I'm talking about or do I need to be more specific?

verry nice! I'm just wondering about one sound I can't place very well. It's always in the center - mono and is of bullets flying or something. I'm wondering if this sounds is suposed to be there and if it is suposed to be in mono. It seems like all the other sounds comes from some direction but this one not! Anyone understand what I'm talking about or do I need to be more specific?

Actually I'm not sure what you are talking about. Could be a Soniccrack sound but they are all in Mono and directional I think. Would be cool if you could be a bit more specific (When does it appear, what type of weapon are you getting shot with in that moment and so on).

LJ

Yeah I would guess it is the sonic crack, which I believe you are always going to hear as the bullet passes near you , so it's always going to sound like it's close to you.

Yeah I would guess it is the sonic crack, which I believe you are always going to hear as the bullet passes near you , so it's always going to sound like it's close to you.

Yes it probably is something flying around close but it's always mono and in the center, no directional.

@LordJarhead: I'll try to be more specefic soon, need to test exactly.

Large caliber weapons Are VERY QUIET, Way to quite. I was standing next to an artillery piece and when it fired it sounded like a mortar.. It was not a static mortar it was the scorcher...

I was then Standing next to a marshall ...It was firing and the gun was on the hush...

I am sure i have read that others have having this issue as well.

It just seems like JSRS needs a good ole fashion Eye'ballin