LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

@Bravo 6

Yokhanan was kind enough to create a second, white version of the logo :) You can find it on the front page in a Spoiler :)

All: Thank Yokhanan for his constant updates he's doing!

LJ

Well, if you wish I can replace all the image vídeos that I've posted with the new logo. Just let me know and be sure what logo you want to use on these youtube vídeos / images.

Keep up the good job guys!

EDIT:

from the images you shared on 1st post (black and white) and the one I once used to better understand what would you prefer to use?

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/BCbravo6/ArmA3/ZEUS_JSRS_black.png (1015 kB)

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/BCbravo6/ArmA3/ZEUS_JSRS_bravo6.png (1025 kB)

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/BCbravo6/ArmA3/ZEUS_JSRS_white.png (1030 kB)

Edited by bravo 6

what would you prefer to use?

The white one ;) stings out the most and will be readable even if you have it in smaller size :)

LJ

PS: Thanks for the effort mate, much appreciated!

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but the explosion sounds for grenades sound...wrong, in terms of direction. I get an explosion to my right and it sounds like it's coming from the left, or rear. Everything else seems to work fine, so far.

Just have a small question, when in first person why do most guns have a clicky hardware sound right after bullet has fired after each shot, 3rd person mode doesn't have them. Wouldn't the gunfire be so loud that you couldn't here the weapons hardware going off, would the sound of the user shooting the gun be the same as someone standing right beside them? I'm a newb with real life guns though so don't be afraid to correct me.

Edited by Ghostwolf

Just have a small question, when in first person why do most guns have a clicky hardware sound right after bullet has fired after each shot, 3rd person mode doesn't have them. Wouldn't the gunfire be so loud that you couldn't here the weapons hardware going off, would the sound of the user shooting the gun be the same as someone standing right beside them? I'm a newb with real life guns though so don't be afraid to correct me.

No. When you operate a weapon it is possible to realize such noises pretty well. Not that much on modern arms but you are able. The loud noise a gun produce starts off of the front barrel when the bullet leaves it. When the gas from the explosion in the shell leaves the barrel it'll decompress and sound travels in a 180° angle up front. When you are able to get to a shooting range then look out for a simple way to prove this theory! Shoot a gun. Feel it,listen to it. Then have someone else shoot it while you stay on the left or right beside it. It will be much much louder than standin behind in! And even more loud standin infront of it :)

LJ

And even more loud standin infront of it :)

LJ

We take no responsibility for stupid actions commited by curious users.

We take no responsibility for stupid actions commited by curious users.

Oh... right, forgot to mention. Dont try this at home guys!

:P

LJ

Oh... right, forgot to mention. Dont try this at home guys!

:P

LJ

I've always wanted to go to a shooting range, I probly won't get to shoot iconic weapons though at a local gun range as I live in Canada, will probly be mostly hunting rifles.

Edited by Ghostwolf

I've always wanted to go to a shooting range, I probly won't get to shoot iconic weapons though at a local gun range as I live in Canada, will probly be mostly hunting rifles.

Doesn't matter, you can achieve same results on handguns such as 9mm pistols, even blank rounds could show you what I meant :)

LJ

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but the explosion sounds for grenades sound...wrong, in terms of direction. I get an explosion to my right and it sounds like it's coming from the left, or rear. Everything else seems to work fine, so far.

I never got an answer on this...is it just me or is this an actual problem?

I never got an answer on this...is it just me or is this an actual problem?

Can't really reproduce this issue. What I can say, is, that it might be a scripted shrapnel effects. Does you only hear this issue" when the explosion is close to you or on all distances?

LJ

Can't really reproduce this issue. What I can say, is, that it might be a scripted shrapnel effects. Does you only hear this issue" when the explosion is close to you or on all distances?

LJ

I will have to do more testing, but it seemed to occur mostly at closer ranges. It wasn't a shrapnel sound, either, it was the actual explosion. I will give it some more testing and get back to you. Thanks for the reply. :)

I will have to do more testing, but it seemed to occur mostly at closer ranges. It wasn't a shrapnel sound, either, it was the actual explosion. I will give it some more testing and get back to you. Thanks for the reply. :)

When you say its only at close range, then its definitely the shrapnel sounds which kinda sound like an explosion. They'll be located at the players position in the moment of effect and stay there till the sound is played to an end. So if you run forward while you hear it, its sounding like its behind you. This can also be caused for left and right. :)

I think there is no way to change that :/

LJ

I'd like to ask permission to slightly edit the .cpp file and folder name for simple own ordering purposes. :D

Yay!

No not the logo, just the file with the name, actionName, action and version fields.

The only change would be name = "@JSRS21".

Yay!

No not the logo, just the file with the name, actionName, action and version fields.

The only change would be name = "@JSRS21".

Yay!

What you do in private is you thing mate :) I'm just asking to not publish anything of your private changes.

LJ

When you say its only at close range, then its definitely the shrapnel sounds which kinda sound like an explosion. They'll be located at the players position in the moment of effect and stay there till the sound is played to an end. So if you run forward while you hear it, its sounding like its behind you. This can also be caused for left and right. :)

I think there is no way to change that :/

LJ

I played around with this a little bit more, and although I never noticed this before (maybe it popped up in recent dev builds?), it seems to do this even in vanilla A3, so your mod is not to blame. It actually sounds like it is playing the explosion sound in the front and back channels at the same time, even at distances as far as 100m. Not sure why this is but it sounds very strange. I have a 5.1 surround setup, not headphone virtualization, to make sure it's not some weirdness going on there. I even double-checked my audio settings to make sure it wasn't my setup. But no, the game just does that for some reason, and it is very odd.

hi, im new to mods on arma 3, im not really sure what to do, so this topic mightve been covered already in the thread. but i am not hearing the explosion sounds from my grenades and launchers that happen in the distance.....i think that is the only problem i am having...any ideas on what could be the problem? thanks

hi, im new to mods on arma 3, im not really sure what to do, so this topic mightve been covered already in the thread. but i am not hearing the explosion sounds from my grenades and launchers that happen in the distance.....i think that is the only problem i am having...any ideas on what could be the problem? thanks

Do you have the latest CBA version?

Hey LJ great work, still the bets imo. Just wondering though with the release of the A2 helos, I am pretty sure you had all custom sounds for them back in A2, will we be seeing those great helo sounds return? I make no effort to know just how hard it is to do a sound for this game but I for one would love this in A3. Thanks again

There are new helicopter sounds in JSRS2.1 Oo The others where from those old but real helicopters, the new helicopters are hard to tell how they'd sounds like, so I did my best to to at least try make them sound fine :)

LJ