LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

I really like it, seems the most complete of all the versions... Only annoyance is the "where is that Shot coming from?!" bug but I think that's down to a A3 issue and not the mod. Often shots are hard to locate as they appear all around you...

SJ

This mod is amazing- keep up the good work :) I have one question:

Can scripted effects and the in/out of building sound differences be applied to other weapon packs and addons- or does it require a complete overhaul of those sounds aswell?

Very nice sound mod and unlike some of the others it seems to play nicely with ALiVE. :) During my first use of it, indoors (shooting through a window) I actually stopped last night to make sure I hadn't accidentally removed my suppressor! VERY nice fx.

I really like it, seems the most complete of all the versions... Only annoyance is the "where is that Shot coming from?!" bug but I think that's down to a A3 issue and not the mod. Often shots are hard to locate as they appear all around you...

SJ

Sorry for little offtopic.

About pinpoiting direction of sounds...

I had same problem. Fix was simple. In case You have Creative or Realtek soundcard with Creative software, just disable surround enhancements or if possible, disable any sound enhancements completely while playing Arma games. I can't explain why, but surround sound messes up Arma directional sound.

I had same problem. Fix was simple. In case You have Creative or Realtek soundcard with Creative software, just disable surround enhancements or if possible, disable any sound enhancements completely while playing Arma games. I can't explain why, but surround sound messes up Arma directional sound.

This is a very good point! I read those comments and wondered what they were talking about? I run an M-Audio Delta 44 sound card in stereo with *stereo* headphones and if anything JSRS makes it *easier* to locate shots than the vanilla sounds! I can't comment on every surround sound enhancement or speaker/headphone set up but you don't need all those bells and whistles to experience great immersion and 3D sound... just a good set of headphones (I use Audio-technica ATH-M50 if anyone is looking for suggestions).

Ok so i have something to say about tanks. Do you are planing to add 1p 120mm shooting sounds? Becouse now it feals that i am in other room than the tank is and it is wayyyyy too quiet for 120mm gun being shot beside you. Other thing tanks should have much louder reloading sounds, such as:

Slammer:

https://soundcloud.com/cyborgmedia/abrams-120mm-reload

Varsuk:

https://soundcloud.com/cyborgmedia/t90-125mm-reload

Becouse reload now are soooo quiet.. And T100 Varsuk needs to have autoloader sounds and Slammer manual reload sounds.

Thank you!

I i think the sound of the Littlebird Helicopter is too silent on the inside.

The Littlebird is an open vehicle in ARMA 3 and the sound should be very loud.

Sorry for little offtopic.

Nice find. I have a bit of an aged Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion soundcard and have the X-fi CMSS-3D turned on (always had it on ever since getting it and back on A2) with both MacroFX and ElevationFilter on. So I would then disable the CMSS-3D?

Hmm, not sure about that.

I've never changed my Headphone settings and it worked fine in A2-OA with JSRS.

Sony MDR-7506's running off a Xonar Essence STX in headphone mode with Dolby on; so nothing to do with poor quality kit.

I will turn Dolby off and try it, but I don't think that's it. Some sounds work fine, others are seriously confusing. I.e. your own buddy opening up with a SAW next to you or behind you. You simply cannot tell if it's inbound fire or outbound friendly fire - sound like it's all around you.

only seems to happen in certain circumstances, and not a game breaker at all, but annoying when you're trying to spot the sniper etc.

SJ

Those with sound direction issues I would recommend disabling any and all enhancements. Try pure, old fashioned "stereo" and see what happens.

Tried removing surround enhancements as suggested...doesn't fix the directional issues. Lord Jarhead himself has said that it's a problem with ArmA 3. In fact, without Surround on (Using Sound Blaster Z) you get NO surround with headphones.

Very, very strange. I just tried a test myself, putting an MG unit about 20m away shooting at some "targets" a couple hundred away. I stood behind him and slowly turned around. *Just* from the sound alone I bet I could close my eyes, turn around, and shoot him in the back of the head. The "directional" nature of the sound is almost perfectly 3D in this case. While I haven't played with JSRS very long (long enough to have experienced all the sound FX) I don't seem to have a problem with it. Yet.

with headphones in cmss2 mode (x-fi) and default arma3-sound I have little bit localization of mx-gunshots from squadmembers nearby but with jsrs2.0 no localization at all. Best localization I had with the early first version of SOS-Soundmod (with pure mono gunshot sounds).

@Yokhanan - Yes.

I can't say nothing about Sony or other soundcards. Only about Creative Xi-fi series and Realtek ALC1150 Codec.

Creative Xi-fi, CMSS messed up directional sounds. In Arma 2 it was worse then in Arma 3, but still exists.

Realtek... It has Sound Blaster Cinema application. Afaik - made by Creative. And again... While I disable it completely - I can spot Arma 3 gunshots quite good. With it - I'm always comfused. I have not tested what happens if I disable only surround.

Edited by Bono_LV

Ok, there is a very similar post in Blastcore's thread, and yes this is a partial copypaste, but I think (hope) it could really help the community.

@Lordjarhead: sorry for hijacking your thread, but this could help everyone.

Regarding incompatibilities between mods: please help me and use the form you can find in this thread (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152461-Overall-Mod-compatibility-aka-Will-Mods-A-and-B-work-togheter) to report any compatibilities you may find with this (or other) Mods! Also, if you feel like the idea behind it is valid or useful, please let me know and spread the word.

End of hijacking, sorry!

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

^link doesn't seem to work
Ah, sorry, that's me being stupid and copypasting links expecting them to work after the autoshrinking. Fixed.

Yay!

I'm not sure if I'm the only person having this problem but.. I'm using 7.1 surround and when I am walking, jogging, running, etc. I'm only hearing the footsteps in my right ear. Also some other FX aren't exactly being played by location. Even from far away.

I don't get this issue when I have JSRS disabled.

My headset: Logitech G930 (Wireless).

Maaaaaaaaan!

I absolutely love this. Great job, Jarhead! You have spoiled me as I now can't play Arma 3 without it. I wish more servers would *%()@ing allow this mod!

It appears that this mod has hit my FPS pretty good. I usually got around 50-60 but when It's enabled I get around 20-40.

I don't know anything about modding for Arma 3, and neither do I know much about programming/scripting - but have you considered optimizing the distance scripts into a main loop or something?

Maaaaaaaaan!

I absolutely love this. Great job, Jarhead! You have spoiled me as I now can't play Arma 3 without it. I wish more servers would *%()@ing allow this mod!

It appears that this mod has hit my FPS pretty good. I usually got around 50-60 but when It's enabled I get around 20-40.

I don't know anything about modding for Arma 3, and neither do I know much about programming/scripting - but have you considered optimizing the distance scripts into a main loop or something?

In mod description, there was writen that you need powerful system becouse mod is script heavy.

Funny enough I kept CMSS-3D on with my creative card, but set the elevation filter and the other one to off and it seemed to have made some sort of difference, as it was a bit easier getting a general direction where the fire was coming from inside of a city. Not 100% perfect, but compared to before it's definitely welcomed.